DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2021 Discussion of Wrestling.

9 hours ago, Pete said:

No joke, that Acid/Teddy match had the most heat of anything we EVER saw at the Arena, before or since. To the point where fans of both guys were literally going to fight each other in the parking lot afterwards.

Us being "Meltzer sources" reminds me of when Ray and I were coming back from a JAPW show in Bayonne on the light rail with Mike Johnson. I forget who called who, but I was on the phone running down the show with @Marcel and MKJ somehow got it in his head that I was actually talking to Meltzer. I will take that look he gave me to my grave. ?

Um, there's someone else whose name is on that thanks list in that issue ?

I still think the promo that guy gave outside the arena after the show admonishing everyone who was about to get into a huge brawl was just about the best I've ever seen. I really wish there was video of it somewhere. You had the line of the night after someone gave his opponent an atomic wedgie and stapled it to his head you noted that it was a transition spot.

So, I'm mulling whether or not I should even bother with Peacock. It's easy enough to watch NXT and ppvs elsewhere, and the only reason I've been a beginning to end network subscriber is for the archives. What all do they actually have on there?

Peacock sucks. Unless you pay for the ad-free version, even then, I can't put up with the edits. 

(Not the edits that were covered ad-nauseum, I just mean in general. I'm sure there are things not terrible that have been deemed unsatisfactory.)

I'll catch the highlights.

Edited by PetrolCB

54 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

So, I'm mulling whether or not I should even bother with Peacock. It's easy enough to watch NXT and ppvs elsewhere, and the only reason I've been a beginning to end network subscriber is for the archives. What all do they actually have on there?

I'm on the fence with you.  I'm either dropping $10 for their four month special (with ads) or just saying F it and dropping it altogether.  Which shows you how valuable WWE PPVs have gotten and how valueless streaming services are becoming, when even $2.50 a month (with a ton of non-wrestling stuff for free) doesn't seem like that great of a deal.   

• Like 1