DVDVR Message Board

Free Comic Book Day 2015

The Natural

So far, all I've had a chance to read is the two Marvel books (Attack On Titan/Avengers is gorgeous and pointless, much as you'd expect from such a promotional tie-in. Secret Wars is a decent interstitial scene, Avengers and inhumans are both perfectly enjoyable trailers for series I will totally read on Unlimited but will not be spending money on.) Also grabbed Transformers, Dark Circle, Tales of Honor, Street Fighter, Mercury Heat, the Valiant sampler, Doctor Who, and Sonic/Mega Man. Snagged a blind boxed 3rd Doctor vinyl fig (it's a good thing I'm on a budget, or I'd have kept buying til I got 4 or 8), the first New 52 Flash TPB for the friend mentioned above (since none of the best Wally stories are available as TPBs) and got Brandon Peterson to sign my Avengers/Inhumans issue. (he was selling a GORGEOUS Avengers print, but it was $45 and I couldn't possibly get it onto the bus.)

I was able to choose another book as I was there for opening with one other person. Glad about that as I knew one I wanted, Free Comic Book Day 2015 Divergence and couldn't decide between two others, Free Comic Book Day 2015 Secret Wars and Free Comic Book Day 2015 The All-New All Different Avengers but I was able to have all three. Don't know when I'll get to read them as I have some comic books from the library to read and some reserved waiting to come in.