DVDVR Message Board

WE ARE UPGRADED... AGAIN!

RIPPA

So the Version 4.1.9 came out today so I installed it - amazingly it only took like 3 clicks (mainly since we had already done all the hard stuff of breaking the server on the previous upgrade)

So.... the board is reindexing all the posts again so most likely tags and stuff will be wonky on the old posts until it finishes

Some important features from the Patch Notes

• When your link auto-embeds in a post such as with an image, YouTube video, Twitter link, etc. an option will now display to revert the embed back to a plain text link if you do not want the embed.
  • New setting to disable embedding.
  • Facebook/Twitter integration improvements
  • If an advertisement is set up with a main image, but not smaller images for tablets/mobiles, the ad would not show at all on tablets/mobiles. This has changed so the main image will display on all devices unless smaller images are provided.
  • The Account Settings page now uses vertical rather than horizontal tabs to prevent overflow.
  • You can now close a poll independently of the topic

That last one is huge for at least me and I left the advertisement one in because while Dean fixed it already - I just wanted to again point out that the ad issue on the mobile version should be fixed

(It had some major security fixes which is the other reason I already upgraded)