DVDVR Message Board

All In Weekend Shows

I only found out about this just now, (while listening to the excellent Okada's Shorts podcast), and was just about to alert everyone else to it if nobody had yet.

I was undecided on getting Rev Pro tickets in case AEW ended up doing a live Collision somewhere in London on the same night. I know they almost certainly won't, as part of the draw of All In is it being their UK debut and Rev Pro are fellow NJPW partners, but still wanted to be sure. Now? Signed straight up for the pre sale, because what the fuck could AEW even run on Collision that would make me regret seeing Ospreay vs Shingo live?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm literally in the Copper Box Arena, twenty minutes away from a ludicrously stacked Rev Pro show. Ishii vs Luke Jacobs, Kosei Fujita vs JJ Gale, Ospreay vs Shingo Takagi, ZSJ vs Ricky Knight Jr, and seven other matches that will probably also be really good.

Shameful lack of Shingo merch though, we went to all the trouble of getting cash out this morning, so of course they're taking card payments for once but have a pretty miserable selection. El Phantasmo and Bullet Club War Dogs and Rev Pro 11th Anniversary are great and all, but goddamit, they're not the Japanese Dragon.

• Like 5

Also, I feel the need to apologise for not trying harder to start a 'Both these Skyes!' chant just now when Skye Blue and Skye Smitson squared off in the battle royale. I didn't commit early enough and then they both got eliminated (one might say the Skyes fell) before there was another window. Negligent on my part.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Update: Ospreay vs Shingo fucking ruled, obviously. And then on the way out, Shibata was there, and I bought an 8x10 and shook his hand and my girlfriend and I both got pictures with him. I looked like a gurning loon, but hey, nice bonus!

• Like 4