(by PHIL RIPPA)
Since clearly my goal is make as much work as possible for myself on a project no one cares about – I picked matches that we were at live to where I (with a couple of exceptions) find a road report for. I then uploaded the road report to the website. So lots and lots of stuff to read.
824) DEAN MALENKO vs. REY MYSTERIO JR. – WCW NITRO (06/17/96 – WCW Cruiserweight Title)
From of the earliest “road reports” – Dean goes to a Nitro in Richmond with an ex.
825) CHRISTOPHER DANIELS/MIKE MODEST vs. WESTSIDE PLAYAZ 2000 (BOYCE LEGRANDE/ROBERT THOMPSON) – ALL PRO WRESTLING “KRISTMAS KAOS” ’00 (12/16/00 – APW Tag Titles)
826) BRYAN DANIELSON vs. SPANKY – APW “KING OF THE INDIES ’01” (10/26/01 – Day 1)
Schneider going home to visit his family for the holdiays turned into a boon for our coverage of SoCal wrestling at the end of the millennium.
827) NECRO BUTCHER vs. CORPORAL ROBINSON – IWA MIDSOUTH “TED PETTY INVITATIONAL ’02” (11/01/02 – Fans Bring the Weapons Drunken Death Match, Non-Tourney)
Raven Mack sums it up as only Raven Mack can “THEY WERE HAVING A TEQUILA DEATH MATCH AND BLOODY AND IT WAS ALL FOR 100 PEOPLE IN A WAREHOUSE IN BUMFUCK INDIANA! I can’t complain.”
828) LOW KI vs. SONJAY DUTT – USA PRO (11/29/03)
Ray and Pete at one of the 4552859698472 feds that ran the New York City area. I assume Fat Frank ran them all. This was what like…. 15 years? before TNA running the feud again?
829) A.J. STYLES/ALTAR BOY LUKE/GABRIEL vs. CHRISTOPHER DANIELS/RAINMAN/AZRAEL – NWA WILDSIDE “HARDCORE HELL ’04” (03/27/04 – Day 2)
Considered one of the greatest NWA Wildside matches – complete with Dusty Rhodes at ringside – and this happens to be the show that Schneider and Tom drive to fucking Georgia for.
830) TEDDY HART vs. TRENT ACID – COMBAT ZONE WRESTLING (04/03/04 – Teddy Hart must retire if loses)
Ray and Pete actually pull double duty as they went to the Super 8 this day and then caught the second half of this show. Just a little bit of heat for this match…
831) FELINO/MAGNO vs. AVERNO/MEPHISTO – CMLL (09/11/04)
This was during that bizarro phase when Schneider was pals with a sketchy lucha Sugar Daddy. So when CMLL ran North Carolina, of course, Dean, Phil and Tom were gonna go.
832) LOS HERMANOS DINAMITA (CIEN CARAS/MASCARA ANO 2000) vs. PIERROTH (JR)/VAMPIRO – CMLL (12/17/04 – Hair Match)
Schneider was in the building for what was billed as Cien Caras’ final Arena Mexico match (Yeah – typing that 2nd part is making me giggle a lot.)
833) SAMOA JOE vs. EBESSAN JACK – RING OF HONOR (02/19/05)
More a thing that happened than a good match. After Joe squashes DVDVR favorite Vordell Walker, this nonsense begins
Ray: “Ebetus Jack was worth the price of admission to both shows. I was almost crying laughing from it. One million billion stars. I don’t care what the other angle was going to be, I doubt it would have topped this.”
Pete: “As Ray said, Ebessan totally made everyone’s night and this report can’t possibly do justice for how hysterically funny this was. A million billion stars.”
834) PRESTON QUINN vs. SCOTTY BLAZE – NWA-VA (08/05 – NWA-VA Heavyweight Title)
Cheating a little here because I don’t know if a road report was ever done for this show but Dean called it one of the best matches he ever saw live.
835) JONATHAN GRESHAM vs. DONOVAN DIJAK – NOVA PRO WRESTLING (11/25/16)
From the first NOVA Pro Wrestling show I went too. I think this was better than the Chris Hero/Arik Royal match that happened on the same show and was also pretty amazing.