DVDVR Message Board

The AEW Brawl & Its Fallout

17 minutes ago, Firebreaker Chip said:

Is your belief that this is a work a work?

Don’t worry bud - the earnest crew names are being taken and will be razed even more than they were when they fell for MJFs schtick last time. Once a mark, always a mark - as the saying goes.

As someone who has been a manager at a Target,  I'm going to go ahead and say that I don't believe there are 10 professional wrestlers in earth who could successfully manage a Target. CM Punk is probably the worst possible Target manager. It's a legitimately hard job,  and most of it is being able to build interpersonal relationships. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, supremebve said:

As someone who has been a manager at a Target,  I'm going to go ahead and say that I don't believe there are 10 professional wrestlers in earth who could successfully manage a Target. CM Punk is probably the worst possible Target manager. It's a legitimately hard job,  and most of it is being able to build interpersonal relationships. 

No famous/rich person would last ten minutes in retail or food service.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Log said:

No famous/rich person would last ten minutes in retail or food service.

That's why I am coming up with a show called, "Boss Who Goes Undercover".

Pitching it right now to Hulu.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, A_K said:

Don’t worry bud - the earnest crew names are being taken and will be razed even more than they were when they fell for MJFs schtick last time. Once a mark, always a mark - as the saying goes.

AK, I mean no disrespect but can you stop pointing out things are a work everytime. We're fans at the end of the day therefore we are marks and should be worked.

Edited by porksweats
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, supremebve said:

ACTIVE WRESTLERS WHO WOULD PROBABLY DO A PRETTY GOOD JOB MANAGING A TARGET

John Silver - Amiable, works well in a group, likely owns a bunch of 'funny' ties

Orange Cassidy - Cool under pressure, blasé façade covers up boundless well of rage, which is useful in retail settings

Adam Page - Wouldn't hassle you too much about corporate metrics as long as the job gets done, probably has a little fridge with beer in his office.

ACTIVE WRESTLERS WHO WOULD PROBABLY DO A PRETTY BAD JOB MANAGING A TARGET

CM Punk - Tries to build camaraderie by shit-talking coworkers to you, does not realize that you know he is also shit-talking you to other co-workers.

Powerhouse Hobbs - Neck will not fit in any standard polo shirt.

Luchasaurus - Untrustworthy, is a dinosaur.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 14

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
2 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

ACTIVE WRESTLERS WHO WOULD PROBABLY DO A PRETTY GOOD JOB MANAGING A TARGET

John Silver - Amiable, works well in a group, likely owns a bunch of 'funny' ties

Orange Cassidy - Cool under pressure, blasé façade covers up boundless well of rage, which is useful in retail settings

Adam Page - Wouldn't hassle you too much about corporate metrics as long as the job gets done, probably has a little fridge with beer in his office.

ACTIVE WRESTLERS WHO WOULD PROBABLY DO A PRETTY BAD JOB MANAGING A TARGET

CM Punk - Tries to build camaraderie by shit-talking coworkers to you, does not realize that you know he is also shit-talking you to other co-workers.

Luchasaurus - Untrustworthy, is a dinosaur.

John Silver would probably end up in HR when someone misconstrues him referring to himself as the "Meatman", as well he should.

3 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

Jim Cornette had an interesting take, in that wouldn't Elite being EVP open up the company to a potential lawsuit regarding their actions? Sure Punk was an ass, but if they don't go to confront him, no fight. Fire his ass the next day, if you want/need to, but going into the locker room was asking for trouble. 

Well it's apparently coming out now that the Bucks took Daniels, in his role in talent relations, with them when they went to see Punk and may have had Megha go with them, as well.  So it sounds like there's a possibility they did things the right way and didn't just got off hot-headedly, as evidenced by the Punk camp walking back the "kicked down the door" claims.

• Like 4

That would make a lot of sense.

I mean I don't think Daniels is accused of hitting anyone right? Ultimately if you can't trust him to be vaguely neutral (and whilst I imagine he's closer to the Bucks than Punk, it's not like he hasn't know the guy since day), then why was he in the Talent Relations role? 

'Akam's Rezar' suggests Punk is missing more screws than an IKEA bedroom set, let's face it.

• Like 4

I think it's pretty safe to say that we have no idea who was at the wrong in the fight. None of us were there and the reports leaking out are very biased to each side. As always, the answer is probably somewhere in the middle.

I keep thinking of both sides starting their stories with, "So there I was, minding my own business..."

19 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

While finding a shirt would be a challenge,  if Hobbs tells you to do some shit, that shit will get done. That's a big part of working retail.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, A_K said:

Scrum 17 minutes onwards (after Punk's self-initiated Cabana diatribe):

I mean come on. These guys were having a fucking ball playing these parts up there. The MJF part is a work. The Punk part is a work. Khan and Punk were having an absolute ball doing it. The Mindys bakery product placement while Khan is laughing ? Oh you guys. The only out of character part of that scrum was where Punk spoke about his rehab and how he was torn up because he wanted to help the business over the summer with ratings and couldn't. 

One small question, only slightly related: Did OJ do it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Also Hangman did nothing wrong. 

I'm not sure how I feel about Hangman's role in all of this. I'm not acting like I have inside info but IF Hangman went into business for himself with his promo and IF someone on the elite side of things was talking about punk to the sheetz and IF Hangman knew then he doesn't have clean hands either.

Plus Tony K should have stomped all this out a while back

• Like 1

So lets get this straight since AK is so convinced it's a work.

AEW ran a tournament to crown first ever Trio's champions over multiple shows only to have the champions stripped of the belts before their first defense.  He then went into Buffalo for the first time ever and had to crown new champions that night.

He also has to have another tournament where the winner will be crowned champion in NYC.  

A lot of hassle, what's the payoff?  Punk can't return for 6-8 months anyway.  Omega not being in the tournament due to being suspended. No Young Bucks on TV due to being suspended.  So who wins here? What's the end game?

You kill momentum now praying for a big payoff down the road? By that time credibility will be lost as will fans. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Pedro said:

AEW ran a tournament to crown first ever Trio's champions over multiple shows only to have the champions stripped of the belts before their first defense.  He then went into Buffalo for the first time ever and had to crown new champions that night.

He also has to have another tournament where the winner will be crowned champion in NYC.  

A lot of hassle, what's the payoff?  Punk can't return for 6-8 months anyway.  Omega not being in the tournament due to being suspended. No Young Bucks on TV due to being suspended.  So who wins here? What's the end game?

You kill momentum now praying for a big payoff down the road? By that time credibility will be lost as will fans. 

Yeah, there may be aspects of this all going down being mentioned by the Bucks at some point because they're real wink wink nudge nudge motherfuckers but if they look bad, and everyone here does, they will move on with their lives going forward but in total this was the most WCW Reset moment (in terms of fresh slate) we've had in a modern age.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pedro said:

All while they are trying to get high ratings to get a new TV deal, great time to reset your titles with no reason given and have some of your most popular wrestlers MIA, and get a lot of bad press at the same time.

• Like 5