DVDVR Message Board

The AEW Brawl & Its Fallout

My impression is that Danielson is over being champ and that he just wants to have good matches with up-and-coming midcarders.

I have read at this very DVDVR among other places that he didn't want to be in a WM main event for the title a couple years back. Dude is the anti-CM Punk in most ways if I have my newz right. But that means he probably is less happy in your company if you make him main event as champ.

11 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

I have the highest compliment to pay to Danielson: His greatness is so obvious that he doesn't need the title. ducks

A year ago, Mr. Punk and the mind-blow factor of him even being around after 7 years of “never gonna see him again” was in much the same self-evidence.

3 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Meltzer is reporting Punk and Steel had a 4PM Zoom call scheduled with "AEW personnel." 

the fact that after all the shit that just went down actually happened and people are still leaking this to Dave is kind of shocking.  In an instance like this the only ones who should know about the call should be Punk, Ace, Tony, and whoever legal member is on the call. The fact that this got out to Dave should alarm the fuck out of Tony as it is extremely unprofessional. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

the fact that after all the shit that just went down actually happened and people are still leaking this to Dave is kind of shocking.  In an instance like this the only ones who should know about the call should be Punk, Ace, Tony, and whoever legal member is on the call. The fact that this got out to Dave should alarm the fuck out of Tony as it is extremely unprofessional. 

Maybe someone at Zoom is a WON subscriber ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Maybe someone at Zoom is a WON subscriber ?

I mean imagine any other job in the world where shit like this happens.  The people involved are told they have a zoom meeting with the owner to discuss things. Who in the hell would have the thought of "lets go tell Dave Meltzer"   It's not Punk since his whole beef was how the journalists had their stories wrong. It's not Ace Steele.  Just so unprofessional on AEW's part.  Also to the guy who kept telling us we were being worked,  still think it's a work??

16 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Is this really anything major though? Some shit went down, now one of the main instigators/participants is meeting with the boss.

We don't know what was discussed, we don't know what options were presented, we don't know what arguments were prepared beforehand. Honestly it'd be more shocking if the news was "Punk's been radio silent since Sunday."

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

I mean imagine any other job in the world where shit like this happens.  The people involved are told they have a zoom meeting with the owner to discuss things. Who in the hell would have the thought of "lets go tell Dave Meltzer"   It's not Punk since his whole beef was how the journalists had their stories wrong. It's not Ace Steele.  Just so unprofessional on AEW's part.  Also to the guy who kept telling us we were being worked,  still think it's a work??

If any little bit of this is used in storyline, that guy will claim he was right.  If anything over the years has taught us anything about conspiracy-minded people, is that they always move the goalposts and rewrite their reality when the cognitive dissonance hits.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Pedro said:

None of those involved would have any motivation to leak that particular piece of into to Dave (pre meeting especially, obviously different after the fact), so hard again not to guess the source/intention of that leak.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

Too many “bigger than the belt” guys risks devaluation of your belt, too

The problem in wrestling generally is having enough guys big enough for the belt in the first place.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Thunder Down Under said:

None of those involved would have any motivation to leak that particular piece of into to Dave (pre meeting especially, obviously different after the fact), so hard again not to guess the source/intention of that leak.

And this again, I hate to say it proofs Punk's point. He's working with a bunch of kids.  Someone (probably Matt or Nick) ran to their buddy Dave and set "Hey Dave big Zoom call today at 4pm"   I mean it's petty but it's what all of this has evolved into.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Which is an argument for putting the belt on them.

yeah, if Punk and his Andre-esque Special Attraction value after 7 years of exile isn't too big to put the belt on them, there's no reason why Danielson shouldn't have the belt too, unless he's already been offered it and specifically declined it, unbeknownst to us (but knownst to TK)

• Like 1

Sammy wasn't a world champion though. He also just fucking dropped Ruby on her neck.  How do they keep rewarding this guy?!  If they are playing the TV champ card you could have Wardlow, or former FTW champ Ricky Starks (I'd prefer this)  anyone but Sammy. 

• Like 1

• jaedmc locked this topic
  • jaedmc unlocked this topic

Fightful:

- Sources close to The Elite say The Bucks went to Punk to talk "just like he told them to."

- The Bucks did not barge in but opened the door and before Matt Jackson could say anything Punk started throwing punches at Matt's head.

- Nick went to stop it but Ace Steele threw the chair at Nick.

-  Kenny went to pick up and remove Larry from the situation because he was freaking out and after Kenny passed him over and got Larry out, Ace attacked and bit him.

-  All parties kept shouting and Punk threatened legal action against them

-  SRS stresses this is only one side of the story and he's heard different from Punk's side.

puppy.jpg

Edited by Dog
  • Like 5
  • Haha 10

6 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Only way you could write it cleaner is if Cutler and Nakazawa were pulling a damsel in distress off of train tracks in just a nick of time. 

If it's anything close, Punk's up shit's creek.

Yeah, two sides to every story but if this is what occurred, CM Punk and Ace Steel are fucked.

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

I completely disagree with this.  It is like the Deshaun Watson situation.  If you are a freak, I'm not judging what you do in your bedroom.  BUT...if you're the kind of freak that ends up on the news, don't come looking my way for sympathy.  CM Punk is an asshole, we all can be assholes, but if you are the kind of asshole that reporters come calling about, you should have probably thought about that before you became a raging asshole.  That's the game.  You can't be mad that people talking to the reporters, because you gave them something to talk about.  The reason freedom of the press  is important is because when people act inappropriately, there are people who buy ink by the barrel to air your shit out.  

I've been pretty quiet about this entire saga, but I feel like none of this would have happened if CM Punk wasn't completely and totally dedicated to acting like a bitch.  You don't have to like your coworkers, matter of fact, you can hate their fucking guts, but when you get in front of a microphone and talk shit about your coworkers, they might come find you.  It would be one thing if he was actually talking about their work or something relating to the business of the PPV, but he was just stating his petty personal grievances.  If I was Tony Khan, I would have fired him during the press conference.  You can't have someone win your championship, and the first thing he does is take a shit in the middle of the locker room and light it on fire.  There is very few people I respect less than people who throw rocks, then hide their hands.  He's the kind of person who behaves in a way that will get you punched in the face and then threatens legal action if you punch him in the face.  I remember I was talking to a coworker because some dude wanted to fight him over a pretty mean spirited joke.  I flat out told him, you challenged that dude to a fight, and then were surprised when he wanted to fight you.  There was no reason to believe that the guy would find that shit funny, he just wanted to laugh in his face.  This is the same situation.  There is no reason to believe that you can get in front of a microphone and say all the shit he said without those dudes coming to him about it.  When he should have been on top of the world after coming back from an injury and winning the world championship, he was too big of a bitch to just enjoy his moment.  He needed to publicly air out everyone's dirty laundry, and I hope he gets fired for it.  Fuck him, you can't let someone like that come back.  If this is how he acts when he's on top, it isn't going to get better when he's not.  

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2