DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 9/7/2022

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Dog said:

MJF 100% has to take credit for breaking Punk's brain.

He needs to go full Heenan at Bash at the Beach 96.

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

Battle Royal, last three people in the ring are interim 6-man champs. Bear Bronson, Evil Uno, Bryan Danielson. Can they coexist!

Surely TK watched plenty of WAR in his tap trading days. Let the trios division feature matches between the most random combinations of guys possible until The Elite are back.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, JLowe said:

Wondering if we get a singles match with one of the Acclaimed vs. one of SioG? Any matchup could be fun, but I’d go with Caster-Lee, with Swerve cheating to help get the win.

I'd go Bowens/Swerve as their beef seems most personal of all the combos

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JLowe said:

Wondering if we get a singles match with one of the Acclaimed vs. one of SioG? Any matchup could be fun, but I’d go with Caster-Lee, with Swerve cheating to help get the win.

Could have sworn this already happened in the build to All Out. Apparently not. Must have dreamt it.

26 minutes ago, JLowe said:

“We just got word from Tony Khan that the Death Triangle-Best Friends match is going to be for the interim trios titles!”

That's how PWG crowned new tag champs last year after the pandemic layoff, during which The Rascalz departed for NXT.  They already had a tag match between King of the Black Throne & Taurus/Flamita and they casually announced before the bout that it was for the vacant tag belts.

Speaking of, if Black is out for the near future, I guess they need to vacate the belts again.  ?

I said what I said before but just imagine being Garcia today.

Hometown. Career opponent. Title on the line. Just a couple of years ago in a life threatening car accident. In the middle of an angle with Jericho and Danielson, probably with a Jericho match ahead of you. Company that gave you all this on fire and you in one of the only announced matches and the one that was used to carry the town.

Oh yeah, and it just happens to be your 24th birthday.

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 15

36 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Hometown. Career opponent. Title on the line. Just a couple of years ago in a life threatening car accident. In the middle of an angle with Jericho and Danielson, probably with a Jericho match ahead of you. Company that gave you all this on fire and you in one of the only announced matches and the one that was used to carry the town.

I am really worried the match is spoiled by weird crowd atmosphere. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

I feel like he and Yuta will be SUPER motivated to go out and make people forget all that shit. I have very high expectations for this match.

The only downside is that it's a Pure Title match, right? Hopefully the rules don't hamstring them too much.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Log said:

I feel like he and Yuta will be SUPER motivated to go out and make people forget all that shit. I have very high expectations for this match.

The only downside is that it's a Pure Title match, right? Hopefully the rules don't hamstring them too much.

Their last banger was also Pure Rules, I can't see that hindering this at all

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Plus the story is about Garcia maybe being a wrestler now. 

And they've been working the Yuta using all of his rope breaks early angle for a while, combine that with "Garcia learned some new shit from his fights with Danielson" and it's a perfect set-up for Garcia to finally win.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, JLowe said:

And they've been working the Yuta using all of his rope breaks early angle for a while, combine that with "Garcia learned some new shit from his fights with Danielson" and it's a perfect set-up for Garcia to finally win.

Spoilers from the future: Garcia wins.

• Like 2