DVDVR Message Board

2022 NCAAF - WEEK TWO

Dolfan in NYC

27 minutes ago, EVA said:

I get why it’s a flag, but I Honestly don’t know what you expect Dallas Turner to do in that situation.

Turn his body so he doesn’t fully drive the QB into the ground with all his weight. Not saying it was an intentional dirty hit, but it was a little fishy.

21 minutes ago, JLowe said:

Turn his body so he doesn’t fully drive the QB into the ground with all his weight. Not saying it was an intentional dirty hit, but it was a little fishy.

The thing is, you can plainly see Turner dragging his toes, trying to slow his/their velocity as they’re going down. He’s very much trying to get out of the air and not drive Ewers into the ground.

What made the impact so bad was that Ewers was in the air when he threw the ball, which made the angle of his fall more severe and increased velocity with which he was going down.

Reminded me of Tua’s hip injury in 2019. Just a guy trying to do too much and inadvertently putting himself in position for a large man to fall on him in an awkward way.

11 first half penalties for Bama, resulting in 6 Texas first downs. Longhorns definitely getting the help they need from Bama mistakes.

On the other hand, they are definitely not winning special teams after that botched FG.

Gameplan was great while Ewers was in. We’ll see how the scrip changes, and if  they can execute as well coming out of the half.

Good news for Bama is they’ve played about as poorly as they could, minus the opening drive and that long TD run, and they’re not behind.

• Like 1

Going into the season, the UT site I’m on said that the kicking game had the potential to lose a game or two this year. We gave a scholarship to a deep snapper who was beat out by a walk-on, we have one kicker with a decent leg but terrible accuracy and one who is the opposite. Last week was three bad snaps, this week is one on a go-ahead field goal. At least Trejo was able to flip the field finally.

In case anyone is wondering, UT’s third string QB is either Charles Wright, a RS freshman from an austin private school who was committed to Iowa State, or Maalik Murphy, a huge freshman from California who has been recovering from injury and is still working on changing his throwing motion.

Wait that the hell was the penalty.  Hell is it targeting if you hit your own player more than your opponent

Wait can you challenge a roughing the passer because he wasn't down either.  Well maybe that arm was but clearly not enough to justify a roughing the passer.   These are 2 incredibly awful calls

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 1

I’m baffled by that roughing call, but my guess is that, at game speed, it looked like Texas dude ran through and kicked Bryce in the head. There was definitely contact between his lower leg and and Bryce’s helmet, but it didn’t seem to be forceful (though most things look less forceful in slow motion).

So because one of the refs fucked it up in the explanation they aren't going to call anything and not get the safety?  

This Alabama secondary is having a contest trying to figure out if they are stupid or just not talented?  

Edited by hammerva

6 minutes ago, hammerva said:

So because one of the refs fucked it up in the explanation they aren't going to call anything and not get the safety?  

This Alabama secondary is having a contest trying to figure out if they are stupid or just not talented?  

Can’t review intentional grounding apparently. But at least the got the rest right, even if they had to make some weird shit up.