DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022 - WEEK ONE

RIPPA

9 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

Good for them for not seeking public money though. The other owners must be pissed.

I am not giving them that much credit

The Bears penned an open letter vowing to not seek public funding for "direct stadium structure construction" but expressed a desire with various governmental agencies to secure additional funding and assistance for the remainder of the development, which would also include restaurants, office spaces, a hotel, fitness center, new parks and open spaces.

So they still want money and the tax breaks - they are just doing it through the usual back channels so they can get good PR

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Linking to that thread brought me to this tweet: 

Of note -- This crew won the Emmy this weekend.  That means Eminem is now only a "T" away from EGOT'ing. 

This gave me the thought of a stage show with Eminem's songs being done Hamilton-style theatrical hip hop and that's hilarious.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Linking to that thread brought me to this tweet: 

Of note -- This crew won the Emmy this weekend.  That means Eminem is now only a "T" away from EGOT'ing. 

There's a good chance an Eminem jukebox musical hits Broadway by the end of the decade.

• Sad 1

If I were a Buffalo Bills fan, I would completely freak out every time my quarterback with his GOLDEN ARM randomly ran the ball.  Roger Staubach took twenty years off my dad's life.

ALSO:  How the fuck did Von Miller end up on the Bills?

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, DEAN said:

If I were a Buffalo Bills fan, I would completely freak out every time my quarterback with his GOLDEN ARM randomly ran the ball.  Roger Staubach took twenty years off my dad's life.

ALSO:  How the fuck did Von Miller end up on the Bills?

I don't love it, trust me. I don't mind the scrambles, that's part of his game and keeps defenses on their toes, but I do wish they'd call less QB run options as Allen takes the option every single time. Always has. The Bills have 2ish good RBs, no need to risk him on designed runs five to seven times a game.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I don't love it, trust me. I don't mind the scrambles, that's part of his game and keeps defenses on their toes, but I do wish they'd call less QB run options as Allen takes the option every single time. Always has. The Bills have 2ish good RBs, no need to risk him on designed runs five to seven times a game.

Especially when you're up 31-10 with 5 minutes remaining. Like I know weird shit happens but that's a fairly safe lead with the way the D was playing.

• Like 3

The issue with Allen running is that he runs like a 70s running back who thinks doing anything to protect his body is cowardly. He's fun as hell to watch and not in my favorite team,  so I don't mind it,  but I'm glad my heart doesn't have to deal with that. 

• Like 4

Schefter is reporting that Lamar Jackson has turned down Baltimore's extension offer. 

He'll make $23m this season, then (probably) get franchised next season. 

After that... he'll probably sign for like $700 million somewhere.  (I'm looking in the general direction of the 'New York' teams that play in New Jersey.)

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

After that... he'll probably sign for like $700 million somewhere.  (I'm looking in the general direction of the 'New York' teams that play in New Jersey.)

The Giants are going to have a Top 5 draft pick - there is no reason to immediately torch their cap space

7 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Schefter is reporting that Lamar Jackson has turned down Baltimore's extension offer. 

He'll make $23m this season, then (probably) get franchised next season. 

Hey, the last time a Ravens quarterback turned down his extension, bet on himself, and entered the season with free agency pending... Joe Flacco somehow put together arguably the greatest playoff run by a QB ever, won the title, got paid an absurd amount and locked the Ravens into paying him for years to come.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AaronMLuke said:

Personally, the thing that's scary about the Bills is that the offense didn't even come close to playing their best last night. When they do and with that defense,  the Bills are going to scary good.

Buffalo looked great even with a billion turnovers. They definitely got some help from Matt Stafford, who seemed determined to erase a year's worth of goodwill in 60 minutes. 

• Like 2