DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SEPTEMBER 2022

The Natural

2 hours ago, zendragon said:

yes but do it here in the states. They have all these titles have some fun. Let Dax get the ROH TV title and go on a run or let one of the pillars get a belt and see how much they can develop

For whatever reason, I find it very cool if/when a member of a current tag team is able to win a singles title. Dax has so many belts right now that he might not be the optimal recipient of that reign, but he could be, once they drop at least a couple of those tag belts first. One of the Lucha Bros could carry a singles title, no problem. I'm sure Trent Barretta could, as well.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Dax's "I LUV THIS BUSINESS AND YOU BETTER NOT TAKE FOOD OUT OF MAH FAMLEE'S MOUTH" act is getting really tired, though.

But his role as tag team main eventer who is also a singles JTTS guaranteed to give you a good singles match when you need him is interesting.

We just saw her daugter, too! It doesn't seem like it would take THAT much money to feed her properly at this stage, right? Saving for college and shit like that is different, obviously, but feeding her shouldn't be a huge issue.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 9/10/2022 at 12:02 PM, Casey said:

long bois was what Punk nicknamed the, well, long tights. I loved that look personally. It felt refreshing and different. My least favorite of his attires were actually the ROH throwback against MJF at Revolution, and the white tights at All Out '22.

I miss Punk already, goddamnit.

I liked the long tights preferring them to the trunks. My favourite attire was the 2002-2004 throwback shorts at AEW Revolution 2022, 6th March as I never expected CM Punk to sport that look again. 6th March was my Birthday and it was one of my best ever as someone who is like a Brother to me came up, Aje. Me, my Dad and Aje went to see The Batman, a Batman movie on my Birthday, went to my favourite place to eat at Pizza Pieces where I got a piece of cheesecake on the house with a lit candle as Happy Birthday was sung to me. Didn't expect that. Touched me. I then watched AEW Revolution 2022 which went out 7th March at 1:00am but took place on the 6th USA time.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, zendragon said:

They could work with local indies. Send some undercard talent that needs the work and tape one of the secondary titles in a defense for dark

Certainly working with some indies could be an option. I think it would be more beneficial if they ran their own tiny houses with a whole 'Dark' team. The reps are most important, but it would surely also benefit said talent to have some of the agents and trainers present. I like the idea of filming these houses for later potential streaming, and I do like the Pac All Atlantic thing abroad, but focusing on getting the greens reps would be the goal of this purposal. The pre-Dynamite and Orlando tapings provide the production that is far better suited for filming matches. This Dark crew house show idea ought not budget for the extensive costs of a full AEW production. 

• Like 1

I like that idea a lot. When WCW blew up with the nWo angle they would still go out and tape WCW Saturday Night episodes in C markets with just the C level workers of the time. AEW should consider something similar. You don't false advertise any stars. Just market it as AEW Dark tapings on the road. Run the smallest arenas you can. 3,000 seaters. Set them up to max out at 1,000. Try to break even on ticket sales. It's not about making money tho, it's a loss leader to get experience for the younger roster and pet projects.

Could be really helpful in the long run. Almost like a more upscale version of the NXT coconut loop.

• Like 5

Jade didn’t take a job with WWE supposedly for a few reasons, but one of them being the schedule would take away from time spent with her family. I can’t really fault the woman if she doesn’t want to take indie bookings that further adds to her weekly travel schedule, just so she can get in-ring reps in that she’s not currently getting.

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Casey said:

Jade didn’t take a job with WWE supposedly for a few reasons, but one of them being the schedule would take away from time spent with her family. I can’t really fault the woman if she doesn’t want to take indie bookings that further adds to her weekly travel schedule, just so she can get in-ring reps in that she’s not currently getting.

I can respect that desire, it’s a tough business, but she’s being put over people putting in the work and doing their best to make her look good while she’s plateauing at best.

Edited by JLowe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JLowe said:

I can respect that desire, it’s a tough business, but she’s being put over people putting in the work and doing their best to make her look good while she’s plateauing at best.

So true. I'm a Jade fan, but the 'doesn't want to' excuse concerning reps is ridiculous. Or would be ridiculous if that is the actual reason. Obviously, we don't actually know the reason. I find it absurd that they don't even have her working AEW Dark. Further, forget any sorta Indy bookings/Dark-house-shows idea to get her reps, why not just have her work true 'Dark' matches on all of the tapings and have her go long to properly ready her for TV. Like a lot of ppl here, I'm more than understanding to her inexperience and think she's done well with the shortage, but that goodwill doesn't trump the need for improvement. Her talking game is carrying her right now, but she's never gonna reach that Main Event potential without some serious improvements to her game.

20 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

So true. I'm a Jade fan, but the 'doesn't want to' excuse concerning reps is ridiculous. Or would be ridiculous if that is the actual reason. Obviously, we don't actually know the reason. I find it absurd that they don't even have her working AEW Dark. Further, forget any sorta Indy bookings/Dark-house-shows idea to get her reps, why not just have her work true 'Dark' matches on all of the tapings and have her go long to properly ready her for TV. Like a lot of ppl here, I'm more than understanding to her inexperience and think she's done well with the shortage, but that goodwill doesn't trump the need for improvement. Her talking game is carrying her right now, but she's never gonna reach that Main Event potential without some serious improvements to her game.

She had some Dark matches at the start, but she hasn't shown up on one since winning the TBS title.

• Like 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
1 hour ago, porksweats said:

She had some Dark matches at the start, but she hasn't shown up on one since winning the TBS title.

I am fully of the mindset that it's AEW protecting an investment rather than anything else, especially if they're putting together graphics packages to display after every single one of her matches to show off her record. If they're wanting to make Jade seem special, then not having her work indies and work Dark, only working TVs and PPVs makes a ton of sense from their perspective.

I sense her not working Dark or Dark Elevation is she's 'too big for that show'. Er the previous comment that was just posted. That said, I'd love it if Dark more routinely offered more Roster Wrestler v Roster Wrestler. And allow said 'Roster Wrestlers' to try and build interest in a TV rematch. I especially think this could help on the Women's side. Like if Deeb and Nyla had a banger on Dark, maybe they could generate some buzz for the Rampage rematch? DIdn't they kinda do that with Sydal and Dante? Or was it another pairing? I don't remember because I didn't love the series, but I loved the concept.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stefanie Without Stefanie said:

I am fully of the mindset that it's AEW protecting an investment rather than anything else, especially if they're putting together graphics packages to display after every single one of her matches to show off her record. If they're wanting to make Jade seem special, then not having her work indies and work Dark, only working TVs and PPVs makes a ton of sense from their perspective.

Makes sense, she's the TBS champ. Her matches should only happen on TBS (despite most occuring on Rampage which is TNT, but I feel there was confusion if both shows were going to go to TBS when they made the shift for Dynamite)

4 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

I sense her not working Dark or Dark Elevation is she's 'too big for that show'. Er the previous comment that was just posted. That said, I'd love it if Dark more routinely offered more Roster Wrestler v Roster Wrestler. And allow said 'Roster Wrestlers' to try and build interest in a TV rematch. I especially think this could help on the Women's side. Like if Deeb and Nyla had a banger on Dark, maybe they could generate some buzz for the Rampage rematch? DIdn't they kinda do that with Sydal and Dante? Or was it another pairing? I don't remember because I didn't love the series, but I loved the concept.

When it boils down to the women's roster and Dark/Dynamite, at this point your big names on the Darks are Diamante and Emi Sakura. Nyla Rose as of late has been relegated down there with her budding stable of the Beasts Of Burden with Marina Shafir & Vickie.

Watching a 1992 episode of WCW Saturday Night and JR has gone off on how all tag title matches should be 2 out of 3 falls and said that Michael Hayes, a face in this match, was the only person in the country doing the moonwalk. Maybe he’s always been a grump.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

When it boils down to the women's roster and Dark/Dynamite, at this point your big names on the Darks are Diamante and Emi Sakura. Nyla Rose as of late has been relegated down there with her budding stable of the Beasts Of Burden with Marina Shafir & Vickie.

Serena Deeb is also a highlight of Dark.

RE: Jade. I don't know if the winning streak has legs for much longer, I think at Full Gear you either do a match with Toni/Rosa and have Jade win all the belts and vacate the TBS title like a modern day Warrior, or you capitalize on the momentum of Jamie Hayter and have her be the one to dethrone Jade since Statlander is out for a while.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JLowe said:

Watching a 1992 episode of WCW Saturday Night and JR has gone off on how all tag title matches should be 2 out of 3 falls and said that Michael Hayes, a face in this match, was the only person in the country doing the moonwalk. Maybe he’s always been a grump.

I always remember the Saturday Night episode with JR and Jason Hervey as the special guest calling the 2 out of 3 falls match between Big Josh and Arn Anderson because Hervey is being annoying as shit which eventually leads to JR asking Hervey if his cast mates like him as a person. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

14 hours ago, JLowe said:

I love his thing in '89 in the Flair/Steamboat matches where he'd be like, "they're not coming down to the ring playing rock n roll music!" like rock was some new-fangled thing in 1989.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3