DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 8/19/2022

The Natural

I don't care about Reality TV, other than the first couple of UFC series. But Hook is awesome, and I am as interested to see what Jersey Shore guy can do as I am for any more-or-less new-to-me pro wrestler.

The trios match will be Slim J's big chance to get over as a STAR with the AEW UNIVERSE.

The Trust Busters are speculative fiction about what would have happened if Tony Khan was an evil rich kid wrestling fan instead of a DVDVR influenced pro wrestling nerd. He's busting out his trust fund. If Slim J gets over like he can, the whole Trust Busters thing is going to be over like Grover before the final bell rings. There is Ass Boys/ 2.0 level "I didn't see this coming, but now I love it!" potential here. 

Athena vs Penelope! Penelope looked fine in her return match against Heather Reckless on YouTube. Athena is presumably going to kill her. I wonder if ole box-head will be in the crowd for this one? I wonder how Penelope will take Athena's finisher. Different wrestlers seem to bump for it differently.

Swerve in our Glory vs Private Party! Lots of unconventional offence, plus Keith Lee yeeting dudes! A good chance of girly screams! Yes, please!

Enjoy your last several hours as people who are not fans of Slim J, everyone!

Assuming you are not already a fan

Edited by Gordlow
Assuming
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

I wonder how many times Parker Bodreaux have to wrestle till he shakes off his NXT tropes of posing and taunting all the time. You think he was trained by Pentagon Jr. 

Man, Pentagon really annoys the fuck out of me with the taunt spamming.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

I wonder how many times Parker Bodreaux have to wrestle till he shakes off his NXT tropes of posing and taunting all the time. You think he was trained by Pentagon Jr. 

I didn't realize how much I wanted to see ten minutes of Penta and Parker trying to figure out what the hell to do with each other. Bring that hot mess on.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I didn't realize how much I wanted to see ten minutes of Penta and Parker trying to figure out what the hell to do with each other. Bring that hot mess on.

If it means we also get Fenix vs Slim J sign me the fuck up Matt D

• Like 5

Slim J has the look of a late '90s/early 00s douchebag trying to roofie drinks at shitty clubs, so he's someone who I want to see get his ass kicked on the reg. So if he takes a good assbeating, I could become a fan.

Parker Boudreax looks like a 4th generation Xerox of a page from a Brock Lesnar coloring book where someone drew on their own tattoos.

Sonny Kiss is awesome and I'm glad she is getting some actual TV time (again, I guess).

I think TB-BF will be a fun match. I think all the matches tonight will be good matches. For once, I want to see Hook just throw a dude around and choke him out.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, JLowe said:

Slim J has the look of a late '90s/early 00s douchebag trying to roofie drinks at shitty clubs, so he's someone who I want to see get his ass kicked on the reg. So if he takes a good assbeating, I could become a fan.

That was basically Special K's gimmick in ROH 20 years ago.

I decided to see who all from that group (granted there were like 30 members and some of them were only in there for a few matches) is still active and am surprised at how many are still going - Slim J, Angel Dust/Azrieal, Cheech, Cloudy, Deranged, and Jay Lethal. I was also surprised to learn northeast indy mainstay Grim Reefer was never a member.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Matt D said:

One thing about Clayton is that his fiancee has 3M+ followers and was tweeting about how she was excited for the match.

Her costar (and arguably the only person more famous from the show) is undefeated at Wrestlemania too.

6 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

Can we just go ahead and fast forward 20 years to 295 pound, grumpy, trunks and boots with no kneepads Takeshita chopping the shit out of dudes?

No. 

Claudio vs Dustin?!?! Hook vs Two and/or Pointo?!?! Oh! Hell! Yeah! LET'S FIGHT! LET'S FIGHT! LET'S FIGHT! Isiah countering the yeet was awesome! The actual yeeting was more awesomer! Private Parts earning SioG's respect  by not going down easily was cool. Hook showing off his Okada-esque endurance there. Bonus Buddy bout! Booyah! Bitchin'! Ser Pentico!  Redeemer! Nice bonus! Buddy is a funny name for a pagan. Buddy the pagan. Julia the Pagan! Bryan the vegan! Malakai is a great name for a pagan! Athena hit an arm DRAG ON Penelope. More corporate synergy! Kip! Kip vs PAC?!!  Sure. Why not. No! Not the wings! Correct me if I am wrong but I think that's the first time anyone has ever used a sledgehammer in a pro wrestling context. Mark and Orange ❤ Whose line? MARK'S LINE! Those of us on the INTERNATIONAL FEED got to see more of Slim J in full screen than those of you watching on TV. Though, maybe, picture in picture on your TV might technically be bigger than full screen on my tablet. JR made a funny. Nice! Double Goozle! Neato finish. I ? pro wrestling!

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Not sure how I feel about a member of FIST helping out with the Ant Hill..... 

Hoping this is start of a Private Party face turn with the moment of respect at the end and getting the (much missed) Velvet Rope entrance back.

Slim J's got some rad offense. It works too with that dirt bag look like you won't see that kind of stuff coming from a guy like him.

Clayton not doing Jersey proud there. Hook squashes rule though.

• Like 5