DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 8/17/2022

The Natural

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

Really looking forward to this one. Two out of Three Falls might be my favourite wrestling match stipulation ever.

Oh. Hell. Yeah!

Steamboat being involved is really cool, too.

Steamboat was guest referee for AmDrag vs Low Ki  in ECWA in 2021, which is one of my all time favourite matches! The Dragon, The American Dragon, and the Dragonslayer! Too bad Shingo is busy. Lots of other pro wrestling Dragons out there... Maybe 3 is enough, though.

Also, if it's not Kenny, who could it possibly be that wouldn't disappoint. Brandon? It wouldn't disappoint me if it were Brandon. They held the ROH Trios titles with Page and with Cody. NJPW with Kenny and with Scurll. 

Don't really see it being Cody or Scurll...

Steve Andrews might not be busy. Haven't seen Nakazawa recently...

Buster Buckaroo, Buck Hawke, or Starbuck would make a certain amount of sense. Or "Rock and Roll" Buck Zumhofe...?

I think it's likely to be a pretty damned exciting match, regardless. It's prolly gonna be Kenny.

Toni Storm vs KiLynn King! Oh. Hell. Yeah. If we are only gonna get one ladies match, might as well make it a hard-hitting one. I'm stoked for this.

Ass Gunns vs The Handsome Blondes Who Miss Cruel Julia 

Austin and Colton are now two of the most consistently entertaining pro wrestlers in the world. Every match, every segment, is enjoyable. F'n good for them and their hilariously buff dad. I could not have guessed in 2021 that I'd be stoked to see what Billy Gunn does next in 2022. 

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, Gordlow said:

Oh. Hell. Yeah!

Steamboat being involved is really cool, too.

Steamboat was guest referee for AmDrag vs Low Ki  in ECWA in 2021, which is one of my all time favourite matches!

Great pick. My top five two out of three falls matches:

5. Psicosis vs. Rey Mysterio. ECW, 17th October 1995.

4. Eddie Guerrero vs. Dean Malenko. ECW, 26th August 1995.

3. The Revival vs. #DIY. NXT TakeOver: Toronto 2016.

2. Kazuchika Okada vs. Kenny Omega. NJPW Dominion 2018.

1. Ricky Steamboat vs. Ric Flair. NWA Clash of the Champions VI. By far the best match of the celebrated Steamboat/Flair 1989 trilogy then Chi-Town Rumble and Wrestle War, always my least favourite.

All five I gave ***** to.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Leonidas said:

Any chance KiLynn goes over clean as a sheet, gets signed and gets the mega push she deserves? A man can dream. Either way this match is going to be good on a card full of good matches. 

I was thinking this could be the start of an ROH push for King, but who knows.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Matt D said:

They haven't announced Punk addressing the crowd yet, right? That feels weird.

Found that to be strange, too - I almost wonder if they're experimenting with whether they can do better with speculation of him being there as versus the usual "...and we'll hear from" ahead of time. That, or they're (smartly) going to try and get a few more eyeballs on Rampage by airing it there

• Like 1

The small number of matches announced and a prominent guest timekeeper make me think that Garcia/Danielson is going long.

Danielson did complement Garcia's long match (was it an hour with Moriarty?) in that promo last week.

Edited by Log
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Log said:

The small number of matches announced and a prominent guest timekeeper make me think that Garcia/Danielson is going long.

Danielson did complement Garcia's long match (was it an hour with Moriarty?) in that promo last week.

You've reminded me (thank you!) to ask whether Danielson/Garcia goes on first due to AEW's timing issues, last with the aforementioned AEW timing issues or Kenny Omega's return main events? I'll say first.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Three longest AEW matches ever:

3. CM Punk vs. MJF. AEW Dynamite, 2nd February 2022. (38:09).

2. Blood and Guts II. AEW Dynamite, 29th June 2022. (46:45).

1. Adam Page vs. Bryan Danielson. AEW Winter is Coming Dynamite, 15th December 2021. (60:00).

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Log said:

I thought it was Garcia vs Yuta that went an hour.

We need more dragons on this show. Where's Don the Dragon Wilson at? What's Taimak up to? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I thought it was Garcia vs Yuta that went an hour.

We need more dragons on this show. Where's Don the Dragon Wilson at? What's Taimak up to? 

I think the relatively small number of announced matches and announced dragons makes it clear that they're saving time for a big debut:

5eZT-J211tNdYP2L4J4lbaMnxJmtZZNIz6rtRnHr

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Three longest AEW matches ever:

3. CM Punk vs. MJF. AEW Dynamite, 2nd February 2022. (38:09).

2. Blood and Guts II. AEW Dynamite, 29th June 2022. (46:45).

1. Adam Page vs. Bryan Danielson. AEW Winter is Coming Dynamite, 15th December 2021. (60:00).

Cagematch has Omega-Moxley lights out at 38:46.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Log said:

Jim Ross leading an evil biscuit-loving heel faction against Takeshita and his merry band of Cinnabon lovers?

I'll be dead in the cold, cold ground before I boo a faction organized around loving biscuits.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2