DVDVR Message Board

SHE-HULK: ATTORNEY AT LAW (SPOILER TALK)

The Natural

finally watched She-Hulk this week. loved it. i don't think the finale *quite* stuck the landing- i liked what they went for, but the shift in tone was just a little much.

but there was so much to dig about the season as a whole. i can't believe i'm going to say this, but the Wong + Madisynn bits were top notch and probably my favorite unexpected parts ("Wongers!). i had forgotten that Daredevil was part of this until the helmet tease, so that was another awesome surprise. finally, Emil really nailed it. 

Edited by twiztor
  • Like 5

• 5 months later...

Late to the party, and this was...disappointing.  It's just not funny enough and took too long getting to the parts that were.  I could live with Superhero Fleabag if it had more sass and snark, but it's pretty light on that, except in the middle.  It's telling that the early eps all have tags, but the tags are the funniest thing about those episodes, and then when it stops having tags, the writing got funnier.  4 through 6 are probably the best episodes of the show, and the buildup in Ep 8 is solid, but the early stuff needed to happen at a different pace or get jettisoned altogether.  If this had skipped the origin-story bits entirely, it would have been a good time savings.  It also doesn't help when your single best line in the show gets blown right out of the gate in the pilot, though Maslany did a pretty good job acting through the CGI during the "parade of online dates" embarrassment and the debacle at the awards ceremony.  Those both felt like well-handled emotional crests in the action that called back to what she told Bruce.  But she tends to be great at everything, so I'm not surprised there. 

I don't know.  There was stuff that worked, but not much momentum.  It doesn't help that it feels like the MCU is rapidly approaching the Borges conceit of the 1:1 scale map of the world, but with actors.

Edited by Contentious C