DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 8/18/22 - Second City Slamm

*Digital Media Exclusive: Mat Fitchett(c) def. 1 Called Manders to retain the AAW championship.

*Taped for BTI: Gisele Shaw def. Rosemary (w/ JessicKa) (8:27) after the running knee

Impact Wrestling - Airing August 18, 2022 from Chicago, IL

*Black Taurus def. Trey Miguel, Laredo Kid, & Rey Horus (7:34) after Destination Hellhole on Laredo. Crazzy Steve did commentary. 

*Heath def. Kenny King (w/ Vincent) (7:47) after the Wake Up Call. After the match, Honor No More surround for a beat down on Heath. PCO hesitates when Eddie orders him to attack which allows Heath to escape.

*Killer Kelly def. Savannah Evans (w/ Tasha Steelz) (3:43) via Killer Clutch submission.

*Speedball Mike Bailey(c) def. Chris Bey (7:59) after Ultima Weapon to retain the X Division Championship.

*Eddie Edwards def. Bandido, Rich Swann, Steve Maclin, Moose, & Sami Callihan (27:16) in a six way elimination match to become #1 contender to the Worlds Championship at Bound for Glory.
-Moose & Maclin worked together to eliminate Sami then Maclin swerved and eliminated Moose. Bandido eliminated Maclin. Edwards stole the pin on Bandido. Edwards pinned Swann to win and celebrates after with Honor No More.

Edited by DreamBroken

Awesome spotfest to open. Laredo Kid's crucifix bomb on Taurus near the end was killer. Dug the backstage promo from Time Machine.

Really liked Killer Kelly/Savannah, considering how short it was. Savannah is underrated, her german suplex here was brutal, looked great. Love seeing Kelly get to shine after also being underrated for years. Kelly/Tasha should be excellent when it happens, two of my favs. 

Another fun Speedball defense, shorter but fast paced with a lot of good stuff. Always a highlight. Main event was suitably epic, great finishing stretch with Eddie and Swann. Really good near falls at the end from Eddie's kendo stick shot and then the Boston Knee Party. Eddie/Josh at BFG feels like the right main event there and like a real top threat to Josh for maybe the first time in his reign. 

• Thanks 1

God knows I hate a four way, but Black Taurus was soooo fucking awesome against Rey Horus, Laredo Kid and Trey Miguel.  He earned that win after rudoing for THREE.  That was spectacular.  Black Taurus is prolly the best wrestler in IMPACT!  Or maybe Josh Alexander.  Or maybe Eddie Edwards.  Eh, Black Taurus might be the best.  He is the one who rudoed for three spectacular highfliers and kept the match together single handedly.  Awww, Kenny King is getting served up to Heath.  King is the second best wrestler in Honor No More.  Maybe Mike Bennett.  Definitely better than Matt Taven.  Honor No More beat down Heath but then it gets all weird as they wait around for PCO to do something.  So the Timesplitters and the Motor City Machine Guns all combined are Time Machine!  I love that.  Killer Kelly!  Savannah Evans!  I assume this will be STIFF!  Savannah Evans is the most underrated KnockOut.  Killer Kelly is the Toni Storm of the KnockOuts.  More like a Demonic Toni Storm.  Fucking GNARLEY German Suplex by Evans.  Killer Clutch!  That's a cool submission.  Savannah Evans os fucking awesome.  Okay, I love JesSICKa's Battle Coat.  Chris Bey versus Speedball Mike Bailey!  I imagine THIS will be good.  So these are the two best guys in the X Division.  Chris Bey is far freakier athlete.  This match is fucking great.  Bailey starts the High Spot Train!  CHOO CHOO!  Chris Bey is a FREAK.  What a lunatic Tope Con Hilo.  Okay, THIS IS YOUR IMPACT TOP FIVE:  Josh Alexander, Eddie Edwards, Black Taurus, Chris Bey, Mike Bailey.  That match was fucking great.  THIS IS YOUR TOP FIVE KNOCKOUTS:  Mia Yim, Deonna Purrazzo, Masha Slamovich, Savannah Evans, Jordynn Grace.  A six-way?  Jesus Christ, IMPACT! what are you fucking doing to me?  Just make a match with Bandido versus Josh Alexander.  Or Bandido vs Eddie Edwards.  Or Bandido versus Rich Swann.  Instead of this clusterfuck.  At least this leads to Eddie Edwards versus Josh Alexander.   Actually, Rich Swann is great as our babyface in peril.  There are many great nearfalls!  Edwards hits a Northern Lights Bomb and we do get Josh Alexander vs Eddie Edwards.  Putting your two best wrestlers together in a match for the STRAP is good booking.  That was a good episode with professional wrestling.

• Like 1