DVDVR Message Board

Rampage Quake by the Lake - 8/12/2022

4 minutes ago, Log said:

After the Gunn Club win, my son says, “Oh good. Their dad will be so proud of them.”

When Billy was chewing them out I was like "WTF did they do wrong? They finally won something again, dammit!"

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I'm in a bad mood and thought the show blew. That said, Garcia turning into a little kid that wanted to go hide in the closet and cry after he got verbally laid into by Danielson was excellent. Note, it was just the look in his face and his eyes. You could just tell that frustrated jock fuck is an insecure child inside and he didn't know how to deal with it. Great, super subtle character work. 

The first couple of times I saw heel indy Garcia, what stood out the most was the way he channeled that youthful petulance through his in-ring mannerisms while still being credible and dangerous. It actually takes a lot of confidence to let yourself be vulnerable that way on this stage, especially if you're still going to come off as an asskicker. That, as much as the violence and technique and alacrity is what made him stand out to me among the sea of young technical guys.

Anyway, this was a fun show but I do kind of question making this Dark+ instead of Dynamite- given the ratings issues. That said:

• Loved the mixed tag, how up the crowd was, the fact that a lot of people watching don't realize how far Skye Blue has come and it's great for her to have a showcase. There was a point in there where I definitely thought they should put them over for the belts. I'm glad Dante isn't hurt after the report a couple of weeks ago. Tay was pretty fearless in putting her body in the way and trusting Dante to clear her successfully.
  • I think they're rushing the Trustbusters act just a little. Another month on Dark (including reps for Bordeaux and time to establish Slim J as someone actually awesome) would go a long way.
  • Danhausen makes a pretty good FIP, huh? He also reacts well in the moment. I like his look of confusion when Redbeard didn't make it in for the double team. Billy saying that he set up a big match for his kids and it's just the Varsity Blondes is kind of funny I guess.
  • This show was kind of exhausting. Clayton getting squashed by Hook will be fine, but that segment wasn't great. Bringing both Clayton and Cole Karter to the "main roster" at the same time seems kind of dubious (unless you were just going to make them a tag team, which would have been an idea, I guess).
  • I kind of want to see Ingobernables vs Private Party now, so we're not getting that yet.
  • Main was good. Didn't have quite the oomph of some of Cassidy's recent run but that's just because those highs were so high. Again, Kiss with Stoke felt like the better move, but it does make for a fairly varied faction and there are going to be some potentially awesome tandem Kiss/J offense, right?

So a good show but maybe only if you've been paying attention to Dark.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Couple other thoughts…

I noticed Garcia took off the Kangol hat after Danielson chewed him out. Nice touch showing that he may have taken it to heart. 

Bordeaux Looks like the weird little kid Colin Robinson on this season of WWDITS. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Brandon Bones said:

Hook had the unfortunate coincidence of using the word “Yup” right after this weeks Better Call Saul.

Oh man, that's all I could think about. If he did that on purpose the kid deserves another belt. 

Parker Boudreaux AKA Lesnarcito has that amorphous Josh Barnett spare tire and his hair is almost Paul Varelans-esque in crappiness. I can see him pulling off an early UFC gimmick of big dumb guy that punches himself out. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, SprintingFromAmerica said:

PRONOUNPOLICE~!

Sonny doesn't like they/them. She/her or he/him are both okay, probably the former is better.

Thanks, I thought I read somewhere that he said any were okay so was trying to be safe but noted.

3 hours ago, Shartnado said:

Do you think the champs will get screwed on this one?

................getting pronoun'd and typo'd on a single post. Yikes

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, elizium said:

Can we just keep Sonny Kiss and Slim J as a team and dump the rest of the Trustbusters? And whoever that was in the Hook segment.

Thinking positively: mixed tag was fun even tho mixed tag rules are a crutch and Daniel Garcia is awesome

Me: they really need to elevate some of these Dark/Elevation wrestlers.

Also me: no, not THAT guy!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I'm in a bad mood and thought the show blew. That said, Garcia turning into a little kid that wanted to go hide in the closet and cry after he got verbally laid into by Danielson was excellent. Note, it was just the look in his face and his eyes. You could just tell that frustrated jock fuck is an insecure child inside and he didn't know how to deal with it. Great, super subtle character work. 

That segment and the mixed tag were the highlights, the rest was very there. Like someone said, basically Dark+ and the Trustbusters, while perfectly cromulent, feels rushed even if it’s just to feed them to someone in the trios tournament. That said, I wouldn’t mind a Boudreax-Redbeard BMMSM fight.

• Like 1

Just now, JLowe said:

That segment and the mixed tag were the highlights, the rest was very there. Like someone said, basically Dark+ and the Trustbusters, while perfectly cromulent, feels rushed even if it’s just to feed them to someone in the trios tournament. That said, I wouldn’t mind a Boudreax-Redbeard BMMSM fight.

They built the Trustbusters up with the Dark tapings for the past month! The one with Sonny where they set this up, was part of a mixed Dark even where you can tell they were at the end of the tapings. They should've put Sonny Kiss during those too to have played it out longer so when we got this, it would've been a better payoff. But, I'm not looking a gifthorse in the mouth because clearly we did not know this was going down, this might be thanks in part of the new additions to the creative team, we are in a new era backstage.

1 minute ago, porksweats said:

They built the Trustbusters up with the Dark tapings for the past month! The one with Sonny where they set this up, was part of a mixed Dark even where you can tell they were at the end of the tapings. They should've put Sonny Kiss during those too to have played it out longer so when we got this, it would've been a better payoff. But, I'm not looking a gifthorse in the mouth because clearly we did not know this was going down, this might be thanks in part of the new additions to the creative team, we are in a new era backstage.

I’ve seen them on YouTube, just don’t see that they’re really something that was ready to push on the TV shows.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JLowe said:

I’ve seen them on YouTube, just don’t see that they’re really something that was ready to push on the TV shows.

I'm sorry, I saw your quote of the Sonny Kiss post and got the wires crossed as rushing the story of Busters/Kiss on TV.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, porksweats said:

If we get TayJay vs RubySkye I'll be a happy Pork.

Fanatsy booking a year out. TayJay vs Ruby so Ruby gets back up so Tay Jay gets someone, so ruby gets more back up (Penelope, The Bunny, ect) ect until we get to Blood & Guts. You know these ladies are like anything those fella can do we can do better

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Matt D said:

Billy saying that he set up a big match for his kids and it's just the Varsity Blondes is kind of funny I guess.

I don't know if you've noticed but he's been doing this for a while getting The ASS-Claimed booked for Dark Elevation or Forbidden Door Pre-show and acting like he's got them a featured match on wrestlemania.

My dad's from Jersey so anybody repping the Garden State immediately has heat with me (Except for the Boss obviously)

• Like 2