DVDVR Message Board

Vince McMahon Retires

Just now, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

So now they Vince is apparently gone, what’s the over/under on how long it will be till people start hating Tony Khan?  I give it nine months, but I’m probably being optimistic

He is in pretty good graces here and elsewhere “ftmp” but he’s already got a small army of haters forming on the YouTube’s and other places.On a Vince level? Well he’d have to start sexually abusing his employees first among other things. 

6 minutes ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

So now they Vince is apparently gone, what’s the over/under on how long it will be till people start hating Tony Khan?  I give it nine months, but I’m probably being optimistic

They already do that on WrestlingForum and AEW gets bashed the most on there over anything.

5 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Alvarez has been so wrong lately... pretty funny anyone would even bother reading.  Can't be great for his brand.  

Considering he wasn't the only one running with this, I'm pretty sure there is some accuracy to Brock walking out and him reconsidering based on his contractual status. If the folks reading the dirtsheets cannot handle that, then they should not read anything. 

Also, Bryan Alvarez has a brand? First time I'm hearing that.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Considering he wasn't the only one running with this, I'm pretty sure there is some accuracy to Brock walking out and him reconsidering based on his contractual status. If the folks reading the dirtsheets cannot handle that, then they should not read anything. 

That goes both ways.  Alvarez and Sapp report something and when they do get it wrong they spend all day on Twitter arguing with beards. Wrestling journalism is a funny thing.

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

That goes both ways.  Alvarez and Sapp report something and when they do get it wrong they spend all day on Twitter arguing with beards. Wrestling journalism is a funny thing.

The thing is they probably didn't get this wrong though. Everything single detail doesn't have to be correct to the tee. If anyone who has following pro wrestling on the internet for years and expects it to be, then that person is an verified asshole.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Alvarez has been so wrong lately... pretty funny anyone would even bother reading.  Can't be great for his brand.  

I kinda hope this leads to a replay of the MJF weekend.  Bryan and Dave are doing a show Sunday and Alvarez says something like “So what ‘s the latest?”  And Dave says “why don’t you tell me.  You know more than I do” then proceeds to drag Bryan over the nonexistent (?) plane flight and other details about the story.  At the time, Dave was being a smug jerk.  This time, Alvarez might deserve it.  He has been wrong several times lately.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
2 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

The thing is they probably didn't get this wrong though. Everything single detail doesn't have to be correct to the tee. If anyone who has following pro wrestling on the internet for years and expects it to be, then that person is an verified asshole.

"A thing changed! That must mean this previously correct fact was wrong! I am very smart!" - person with a Twitter account and far too much time on their hands

3 hours ago, twiztor said:

back to Vince's Internal Memo:

i like that he specifically calls out that he was a "smiling, docile, level-headed, calm presence". that totally jibes with all the reports over the years of Vince being a yelling, controlling, power-mad perfectionist.

I'm guessing that's him trying to use humor.

I really hope he either writes a book or sits for some form of long form interview. I would just love to hear his side of the last 40 years

Didn't know expect to wake up to this news. Feels like there's worse to come. Good riddance to Vince. Hope Brock goes as well. Ditto for Dunn and TAFKA Johnny Ace.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, FourPostMassacre said:

He is in pretty good graces here and elsewhere “ftmp” but he’s already got a small army of haters forming on the YouTube’s and other places.On a Vince level? Well he’d have to start sexually abusing his employees first among other things. 

3 years ago 

I'm guessing Brock did walk but will do SS and walk. That still gives credence to what was reported and with it happening next weekend he might as well do that. 

I'm still leaning towards him being a POS but might as well get one more payday. 

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1

Just now, Stefanie the Human said:

"A thing changed! That must mean this previously correct fact was wrong! I am very smart!" - person with a Twitter account and far too much time on their hands

I was reading the Meltzer 90s quote twitter account. It hit me that at one point you had to wait a WHOLE WEEK before you could bitch and moan and expect a retraction/correction. Also, no one had direct social media accounts that you could do that through. If Meltzer closes down his Twitter and that old ass Juno account, the internet wrestling community might explode.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stefanie the Human said:

I guess it’s better to be a smug person with a message board account and far too much time on their hands who wants us to know they’re far too smart to get worked like the rest of us.

Ultimately, it doesn’t really matter either way.  Brock was on the show.  He’s most likely doing SummerSlam   Story’s over.

Edited by Tarheel Moneghetti
Typo

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
5 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I was reading the Meltzer 90s quote twitter account. It hit me that at one point you had to wait a WHOLE WEEK before you could bitch and moan and expect a retraction/correction. Also, no one had direct social media accounts that you could do that through. If Meltzer closes down his Twitter and that old ass Juno account, the internet wrestling community might explode.

The man must be keeping Juno in business at this pace.

6 minutes ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

I guess it’s better to be a smug person with a message board account and far too much time on their hands who wants us to know they’re far too smart to get worked like the rest of us.

I dunno, whoever that person is sounds like a real jerkface.

Did the Brock leaving over Vince thing make any sort of sense to anyone? I always thought it was rather strange. Brock might have some closeness to Vince, but I can't really see him giving too much of a fuck whether Vince is gone or not as long he makes his money.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

They don't really need to tell anyone a "thing changed". ?

Just do what Dave does.  Every Meltzer paragraph ends with "but that could change."   Can't be wrong if you don't commit in the first place.

During the recent MJF TIHNG, Dave and Bryan did a 13-minute segment that ended with Dave saying “Well, I can’t tell you what the story behind it really is because I don’t know what the story behind it really is”

I really want those ten minutes back.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

There's also recently been reports from these same outlets of WWE leaking BS rumors.  it's possible they worked the sheets as they've done so (or been accused of) before. Maybe.. maybe not. 

I am more the belief that a guy probably had a quick minute of being pissed off and then realized contracts are contracts and walking out would be dumb as fuck.

7 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

There's also recently been reports from these same outlets of WWE leaking BS rumors.  it's possible they worked the sheets as they've done so (or been accused of) before. Maybe.. maybe not. 

Over the last couple of years I've read a few books about political reporting. One of the key lessons in reporting in Washington is that anyone who gives you information is doing so for a reason, no none is doing it out of the goodness of their heart. so you have understand everyone has an agenda. It al seems very similar to reporting on professional wrestling  

• Like 2