DVDVR Message Board

Vince McMahon Retires

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
Just now, Raziel said:

1) All of them.

2) Forever.

You know me, Raz, I need harder numbers than this!

1 minute ago, Stefanie the Human said:

You know me, Raz, I need harder numbers than this!

But I can't count all the conspiracy theorists!  Would you take a ballpark figure?

Just now, Raziel said:

But I can't count all the conspiracy theorists!  Would you take a ballpark figure?

Nope, it will only end like the final attendance figure for Wrestlemania III.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Stefanie the Human said:

I for one wonder how many conspiracy theorists are going to proclaim that Vince is still running things and this is just some kind of publicity stunt, and for how long they will make such proclamations.

Whether or not Vince is still secretly in charge will be based entirely on how much people like or dislike the show at any give time. We're going on vibes alone! 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Stefanie the Human said:

I for one wonder how many conspiracy theorists are going to proclaim that Vince is still running things and this is just some kind of publicity stunt, and for how long they will make such proclamations.

Check out my new podcast Wrestling’s Shadow CEO: Then, Now, Forever?

I’m just asking questions. 

• Like 3

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
8 minutes ago, Raziel said:

7 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Nope, it will only end like the final attendance figure for Wrestlemania III.

6 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Oh, so at least I can make it up.

This is the kind of data integrity that I expect in pro wrestling!

Wonder if Conrad has been in touch for a podcast opportunity. 

Imagine cause of death being a brain bleed after the 20th take of him having to do an ad for Blue Chew in his early 90s Rumble voice.

Also the ratings for the out-takes calling him a disgusting fat fuck after Conrad sneezes and interrupts him mid 40 minute monologue on the printing press.

• Haha 1

I have to wonder if Brock isn't trying to get out in front of his own reckoning. I guarantee you there are active members of the roster (and management, obviously) who have committed a lot of acts of outright sexual assault in the past who are shaking in their Big Boots that their number might be called.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

Wonder if Conrad has been in touch for a podcast opportunity. 

Imagine cause of death being a brain bleed after the 20th take of him having to do an ad for Blue Chew in his early 90s Rumble voice.

Also the ratings for the out-takes calling him a disgusting fat fuck after Conrad sneezes and interrupts him mid 40 minute monologue on the printing press.

"THE RUMBLE........THE ROYAAAAAAALLLLLLL RUMBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLE"

?

• Like 1

Just now, John E. Dynamite said:

I have to wonder if Brock isn't trying to get out in front of his own reckoning. I guarantee you there are active members of the roster (and management, obviously) who have committed a lot of acts of outright sexual assault in the past who are shaking in their Big Boots that their number might be called.

Oh you know they didn't want the true internal reckoning to happen. That's why Vince had to go. 

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Stefanie the Human said:

Serious answer... You cannot fuck with Wall Street. 

If the WWE somehow attempt to defraud investors, they'd lose the company, and probably see a large number of executives go to jail.  

Remember the corporate side of the house had to actually put out a statement when Vince got blown up in the limo.  Why? Because a ton of investors don't give a scintilla of a fuck about day to day stuff.  But they do care about things like the guy in charge dying.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Stefanie the Human said:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him try that, but…. my problem with conspiracy theories are people can’t keep secrets even when they want to and everyone has cell phones these days.  We live in a really big wi-fi fish bowl.  Very little happens to public figures without someone taking a picture or being willing to leak it to the media, but yet I’m supposed to believe that the government has been amassing alien technology for decades and that Bill Gates’s rules the world with a shadow cabal.  Odd that a dozen people take my picture if I trip and stumble at dinner (this actually happened) but no one thinks to take a cell phone photo or call CBS News about their work at Area 51.

if Vince still has any involvement at all with the company, someone will be telling Meltzer or Satin about it within a matter of weeks.

Edited by Tarheel Moneghetti
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Serious answer... You cannot fuck with Wall Street. 

If the WWE somehow attempt to defraud investors, they'd lose the company, and probably see a large number of executives go to jail.  

Remember the corporate side of the house had to actually put out a statement when Vince got blown up in the limo.  Why? Because a ton of investors don't give a scintilla of a fuck about day to day stuff.  But they do care about things like the guy in charge dying.

I mean shit, look at what happened to Dixie when she lied to Spike about Russo being around.  And that didn't have a fraction of the repercussions WWE would feel if Vince was shadow running the promotion.

• Like 3