DVDVR Message Board

2022 NFL PRESEASON

Dolfan in NYC

Just now, elizium said:

Oh we're going over old grudges? Well fuck John Elway, horse faced motherfucker.

Awwww, he got helicoptered.

25 minutes ago, elizium said:

Oh we're going over old grudges? Well fuck John Elway, horse faced motherfucker.

I'm still more pissed Homer Simpson's team Drugged up Terrell Davis so he could play in the 2nd Half after we knocked him out of the game! 

As well as those fucking refs missed Jerry rice fumbling or that DAMN TO catch would have never happened! 

Also fuck Brandon Bostick for jumping in front of Jordy Nelson! 

Edited by Hail Sabin

I am typically pro "get your money" but Kareem Hunt is perhaps out of his mind if he thinks he is getting an extension and more money. He is set to make six million this year just by being active and not only is a back-up RB (not the mostly highly paid position) but is in a timeshare even as the backup. 

He could be traded but I just don't know if any team wants to pay him 6 mil, he's right around the Top 10 for salary in 2022 for a RB.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Don't give up hope, friends. That was me as a Bills fan for over straight 20 years, just a continuous cycle of bad decisions and suck. All it took was a new owner, new GM, new coach, and getting lucky with finally drafting a great QB. Once y'all do those things, everything will look up.

I started a new job a few months ago and during Happy Hour last week, football came up. Everyone was saying their favorite team and everyone had just terrible teams they rooted for (Commanders, Browns, etc). They asked if anyone had a good team they liked and I raised my hand, one guy said "please not the Bucs." I said no, the Bills. Everyone just nodded their heads, one guy said "that's fine, you've waited a long time" ?  No one hates the Bills haha people feel too sorry for them.

I say this with affection:

Man, shut up. You've gone to four Super Bowls. My guys are so pathetic that the three best players of the last 50 years all retired or begged to leave just to get away. 

Edited by Tabe
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Tabe said:

Man, shut up. You've gone to four Super Bowls. My guys are so pathetic that the three best players of the last 50 years all retired or begged to leave just to get away. 

I'm not DEAN-age, I was too young for the Super Bowls. So I they don't do much for my personal happiness, I had to go to bed at halftime. The funny part there is one year they were winning at halftime against the Cowboys so I was in for QUITE a shock in the morning.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I'm not DEAN-age, I was too young for the Super Bowls. 

Hey now just because DEAN can remember when players wore leather helmets doesn't mean we need to be making cracks about his age!

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Tabe said:

I bow to the Lions for football pain. However even the Lions didn't slander Stafford twice within a week(?) Of signing him to a huge $$$$ contact. Can anyone think of any upside to saying your qb is lazy and thinks that playcalling  is easy?

36 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

I bow to the Lions for football pain. However even the Lions didn't slander Stafford twice within a week(?) Of signing him to a huge $$$$ contact. Can anyone think of any upside to saying your qb is lazy and thinks that playcalling  is easy?

I will concede that even the Lions never managed to do something that remarkably dumb. 

1 hour ago, Tabe said:

I will concede that even the Lions never managed to do something that remarkably dumb. 

Well, scrapping an entire offensive system because "we are scoring too fast" the off-season after getting the only playoff win in my mother's lifetime and going to the NFC Championship Game is up there 

there's a legitimate argument to be made that the football Cardinals are the most historically inept franchise in the history of American professional sports, including ones that folded during/after their first season

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Well, scrapping an entire offensive system because "we are scoring too fast" the off-season after getting the only playoff win in my mother's lifetime and going to the NFC Championship Game is up there 

Good lord, I'd almost forgotten that.  2nd-best team in the NFL that year, just needed to, ya know, add a guy or two on defense and keep succeeding.  NOPE.

On 8/6/2022 at 11:18 PM, Kevin Wilson said:

I am typically pro "get your money" but Kareem Hunt is perhaps out of his mind if he thinks he is getting an extension and more money. He is set to make six million this year just by being active and not only is a back-up RB (not the mostly highly paid position) but is in a timeshare even as the backup. 

He could be traded but I just don't know if any team wants to pay him 6 mil, he's right around the Top 10 for salary in 2022 for a RB.

He's got some cheek(as our British friends would say) to demand anything. A 2nd running back making that cash would be a logical cut if any rookie or cheaper back has a great camp.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2022 at 8:52 AM, supremebve said:

Kingsbury seems like the manager who gets hired because he aced the interview,  but nobody he actually works with respects him. 

The definition of someone failing upward, based on an unearned reputation. Did he even have to interview for AZ? They heard QB whisperer who worked with Kyler, Mahomes, Mayfield, and Manziel. His actual record at Tech with Mayfield and Mahomes? 35-40.

13 minutes ago, JLowe said:

The definition of someone failing upward, based on an unearned reputation. Did he even have to interview for AZ? They heard QB whisperer who worked with Kyler, Mahomes, Mayfield, and Manziel. His actual record at Tech with Mayfield and Mahomes? 35-40.

Well, yeah, you can't win with those guys!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

A friend of mine who is a Packers fan was just talking about how much he's still rooting for Williams even on a division rival.

As a Packers fan I am too & took him in both my money leagues last year. He is going to be one of the favorites players on this year's Hard Knocks and more people will root for him. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The NFL is becoming more and more NBA like

Not that it's going to happen but. . . 

There was word around the campfire yesterday that the Dolphins were talking to the Bears about Preston WIlliams and Lynn Bowden Jr.  That with Washington's 1?   Maybe?