DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 8/4/22

*Taped for BTI: Savannah Evans (w/ Tasha Steelz) def. Alisha Edwards (7:34) after the full nelson slam

Impact Wrestling - Airing August 4, 2022 from Louisville, KY

*Deonna Purrazzo def. Rosemary (w/ Taya Valkyrie & Jessicka) (7:09) with a rollup after Jessicka accidentally distracted the ref while Rosemary had the pin.

*Brian Myers(c) def. Black Taurus (w/ Crazzy Steve) (10:54) via rollup with the ropes for leverage to retain the Digital Media Championship. After the match, Bhupinder Gujjar tosses Myers back in to beat him up with Taurus & Steve.

*Masha Slamovich def. Gisele Shaw (2:43) after the snow plow

*The Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin) def. Violent by Design (Deaner & Joe Doering) (6:25) when Sabin pinned Deaner with a rollup. After the match, Doering takes out the Guns until Kushida comes out for the save again but Eric Young arrives to lay him out.

*Sami Callihan def. Raj Singh (1:52) via crossface chickenwing submission in a squash. After the match, Callihan calls out Moose & Steve Maclin. Moose's music hits but Maclin comes out. Moose tries to attack from behind but Sami sees it coming. Moose & Maclin eventually take out Sami.

*PCO def. Doc Gallows (16:17) in a Derby City Street Fight after Gallows had chokeslammed PCO through the ring and PCO ended up using a fist drop with a glove filled with thumbtacks that knocked Gallows in to the hole in the ring.

Edited by DreamBroken

I am the biggest Alisha Edwards fan.  She needs to turn heel and not get in the ring with the Vader-like Savannah Edwards.  Tasha Steelz is a lunatic on commentary.

• Like 2

Deonna Purrazzo and Rosemary wrestle!  Jessicka and Taya Valkyrie are the party girls of DECAY.  Jessicka and Taya make DECAY fun and new.  That and Black Taurus.  Rosemary is rolling over Deonna early.  Taya and Jessicka are awesome at ringside assuming the role of junior high basketball cheerleaders. I await a Takedown Takedown Two Points cheer.  Deonna is so fucking vicious.  She is the perfect heel wrestler.  She is the Super Destroyer.  She doesn't cheat,  you just hate her because she is good and she knows it.  Great counter to Rosemary's Spear attempt by rolling through it and applying the Fujiwara Armbar.  Jessicka goes crazy and distracts the ref as Rosemary hits the Spear!  Deonna rolls up Rosemary for the win!  Awesome!  Black Taurus! He saved Bandido's bacon at Ric Flair's last match.  He is awesome.  Bryan Meyers is also awesome.  Both these guys are good at making their opponent look good so this should be good.  Taurus is fucking awesome, here, wrestling technico!  Great Kinda Fat Boy Tope Con Hilo by the usually rudo Taurus!  Taurus is awesome being our FUCKING FACE IN PERIL!  Black Taurus, the best rudo around, can do Sympathetic Babyface.  Taurus makes his babyface comeback with a fucking 619!  And then a Toprope SUWA Dropkick!  Meyers  cuts him off and hits a nice Black Cat DDT.  Great nearfall with Taurus hits Meyers with a Spear!  Meyers rolls Black Taurus up and CHEATS TO WIN by grabbing the ropes!  Postmatch, we find out that Bhupinder Gujjar's finisher is called the Gargoyle Spear!  Awesome!  Oh man, ARE THEY FUCKING SETTING UP JOSH ALEXANDER versus JACOB FATU?  That would make me actually think about ordering an IMPACT! PPV.  And Gisele Shaw gets murdered by Masha Slamovich after getting in some offense- delaying her demise and allowing Masha to beat the hell out of Shaw for an extended period time.  And the Northern Lights Bomb is a TRUE Northern Lights Bomb.  Cody Deaner is out to fulfill his DESTINY.  To be pinned.  It's the Motor City Machine Guns!  Here to pin Deaner!  MCMG do many double team things on Deaner and he kicks out at two!  Joe Doering tagging in changes the odds that VBD are losing.  Deaner tags back in to continue to beat some heat onto Alex Shelley and misses a toprope headbutt to allow Shelley to make the tag to Chris Sabin and they slaughterize Deaner by Doering makes the save!  They do some things to Doering that Doering kinda of lackadaisically sells.  And they pin Deaner, as it is his DESTINY.  Postmatch, VBD try to get their heat back!  Kushida comes out to make the save!  Eric Young comes out to save Deaner and Doering- piledriving the fuck out of Kushida!  So I guess they are feuding now.  Timesplitters versus Violent By Design!  Sure.  Why not?  It's Raj Singh!  It's Sami Callihan!  This is a kind of haphazard episode of IMPACT!  No real blow away match like there has been lately.  According to cagematch.net, Singh was one of four people to be trained by Allen Coage!  One of the other folks was AKIRA MAEDA.  Singh gets crushed by a Sami Callihan Piledriver.  Postmatch,  Callihan is double teamed by Moose and Steve Maclin.  Luke Gallows and PCO in a street fight.  Hmmm.  IMPACT! isn't afraid of the blade.  Hell, IMPACT! isn't afraid of PCO dislocating his shoulder.  They throw chairs at each other and LG throws PCO off the top through a collection of chairs set up by PCO.  LG takes a Urinagi through a table by PCO.  Time stands still as PCO cuts the canvas off the ring.  LG goes head first into a bass drum.  PCO is chokeslammed through the ring!  That's fun!  PCO loads his glove with thumbtacks, punches LG and pins him!  That was a little ponderous but it saves the bacon of the episode.  I dunno.  Nothing was horrendous but the best match was Black Taurus versus Bryan Meyers.  Eh.  Try again next week.

• Like 2

Tasha is absolute greatness on commentary on BTI, hilarious she is the best. Super fun match there with Savannah and Alisha. Alisha took a really killer faceplant early on that looked brutal.

Deonna/Rosemary was solid as Deonna always delivers and the middle of the show was mostly short but good build to Emergence. I liked the use of the Flashback of the Week showing Mia/Gail/Madison from 2016 leading in to Gail making Mia vs Madison for next week. Madison on Elevation earlier, Impact here, Rampage tomorrow. I assume next week must be her Impact finale.

I love the potential of Speedball vs Jack Evans and am glad they didn't forget about Evans, so he still gets his shot despite having to miss Slammiversary. 

Pretty fun main event with a wild finishing stretch.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2022 at 10:14 PM, DreamBroken said:

Tasha is absolute greatness on commentary on BTI, hilarious she is the best. Super fun match there with Savannah and Alisha. Alisha took a really killer faceplant early on that looked brutal.

Prior to the dream team of Hannifan and Rehwoldt taking over the desk, I daydreamed what kind of fresh approach this show might have with Kiera and Tasha on the calls. I thought that after seeing them in an awful backstage skit, that tho awful seemed to indicate both are capable talkers. Am I wrong? If I am correct, seems like Kiera Hogan would have a much better shot of getting over in AEDub if such an opportunity was granted regularly. Tho, second fiddle to Jade's pretty alright too. Especially after however many months of barely anything. I'm gonna have to check out this BTI experience.

On 8/4/2022 at 10:07 PM, DEAN said:

Black Taurus! He saved Bandido's bacon at Ric Flair's last match.  He is awesome.  Bryan Meyers is also awesome.  Both these guys are good at making their opponent look good so this should be good.  Taurus is fucking awesome, here, wrestling technico!  Great Kinda Fat Boy Tope Con Hilo by the usually rudo Taurus!  Taurus is awesome being our FUCKING FACE IN PERIL!  Black Taurus, the best rudo around, can do Sympathetic Babyface.  Taurus makes his babyface comeback with a fucking 619!  And then a Toprope SUWA Dropkick!  Meyers  cuts him off and hits a nice Black Cat DDT.  Great nearfall with Taurus hits Meyers with a Spear!  Meyers rolls Black Taurus up and CHEATS TO WIN by grabbing the ropes!  Postmatch, we find out that Bhupinder Gujjar's finisher is called the Gargoyle Spear!  Awesome!  Oh man, ARE THEY FUCKING SETTING UP JOSH ALEXANDER versus JACOB FATU?  That would make me actually think about ordering an IMPACT! PPV. 

Yeah, that battle at the Flair show was really fun. An interpromotional feud with MLW is a much better and more appropriate feud for Impact. Or maybe they could just sign Fatu to an actual paying contract. It's time that guy got a bigger platform, even it's the only slightly larger Impact one.

I love your regular praise for the much deserving Brian Myers. I had never seen Myers prior to the Impact run, so the castoff-shaming doesn't register for me. He's just awesome. I'm all for a Cardona-Myers-Chelsea invasion of the Elite. With Smart Mark pulling the strings. Oh, and yeah, Black Taurus is kinda quietly one of the best wrestlers in the industry right now. Save him TK!

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Prior to the dream team of Hannifan and Rehwoldt taking over the desk, I daydreamed what kind of fresh approach this show might have with Kiera and Tasha on the calls. I thought that after seeing them in an awful backstage skit, that tho awful seemed to indicate both are capable talkers. Am I wrong? But if I'm correct seems like Kiera Hogan would have a much better shot of getting over in AEDub if such an opportunity was granted regularly. Tho, second fiddle to Jade's pretty alright too. Especially after however many months of barely anything.

Tasha is great being a lunatic for a match.  I can't imagine two hours of her.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Tasha is great being a lunatic for a match.  I can't imagine two hours of her.

Yeah, I don't know enough about them that that would actually be a good idea, but maybe if she and Hogan learned the craft from the best team in the game, who knows!? Admittedly, probably a bad idea. Hearing Caprice save the AEW announcing here and there and this earlier thought, I think some more diversity at the desk could help freshen things up.

• Like 2