DVDVR Message Board

NXT Great American Bash XXIV - 7/5/2022

Dolfan in NYC

Special Show tonight:

THE CARD

FOR THE NXT CHAMPIONSHIP - Bron Breakker (c) vs. Cameron Grimes

FOR THE NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIP - Carmelo Hayes (c) vs. Grayson Waller

FOR THE NXT WOMEN'S TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - Toxic Attraction (Dolin / Jayne) (c) vs. Roxanne Perez / Cora Jade

FOR THE NXT MEN'S TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - The Creed Bros (c) vs. Diamond Mine (Strong / Kemp)

Wes Lee vs. Trick Williams

Tiffany Stratton vs. Wendy Choo

Tag titles match started off well and built into something mostly nice though a bit too loose in later parts. Glad to see Roxanne and Cora take the belts.

Williams/Lee was more fun than expected. 

Kind of annoyed they had Wendy/Tiffany start with picture in picture, but the whole backstage brawl leading into a proper match wad nicely done. As was the in ring action. The two just have good chemistry and it feels like Stratton improves every match. Dug her going after Wendy's hand throughout.

Hayes/Waller was unsurprisingly good. Another two who just gel both in the ring and as opposing characters.

Creeds vs. Strong/Kemp was good. I liked how Strong would try to piss off the Creeds for distractions a few too many times until it blew up in his face. The post match ending with him looking almost afraid to join the Creeds and Kemp was neat.

Bron/Grimes was another good match. They did well building around Grimes working over the injured arm. The finish made for a nice snap moment to end things before the damage got any worse as well. Wasn't big on Devlin's post match attack, but I also just don't really care for Devlin.

Good show overall. Still as fun as Trick/Lee was I could have done without it if it meant a few more minutes for the tag titles match and/or main event.

• Like 1

Sorry I'm late!  Tuesday is a Parental Duties motherfucker.  THEN!  I had to get the Server Lords to upgrade an upgrade on our PHP (whatever the fuck any of that means) THEN I had to run the update and ruin the board!  YAAAY!   So it's 13 minutes to 10 and it's the biggest NXT of the year!  I'm retired!  I can stay up all night to watch it if I wanna!  It's Roxanne Perez!  She's my third favorite WWE lady wrestler behind Big Time Becks and Asuka.  It's Cora Jade!  It's Toxic Attraction!  Gigi Dolan is my top five WWE lady wrestler.  Lemme see, Doudrop, Mandy Rose, Bianca Belair, Nikki Ash, Liv Morgan- she's top ten. Jaycie Jayne is good too.  Perez and Dolin are MAGIC!  Perez immediately assumes the role of our screechiest Ricky Morton as Toxic Attraction begin CHEATING early and often!  They whup up on Perez in the little screen while we notice that Hershey's advertises on the NXT.  Y'know, British people think Hershey'bars taste like VOMIT.  Isn't that weird?  I wish there was a INTERNATIONAL FEED so I could find out how much the crowd is behind Perez' struggle.  We come to BIG SCREEN and Perez gets in a hope spot roll up and Gigi CUTS HER OFF!  Perez is totally screaming like a joshi gal as the crowd rises up to get behind Perez and she makes the hot tag!  Cora Jade doesn't have enough of an impressive offense to TRULY deserve the title.  Roxanne Perez should bypass the whole NXT tag title run and go straight to the main roster.  MANDY ROSE IS KICKED OUT!  So Toxic Attraction tries to get Roxanne Perez to assume her natural role as AND ROXANNE HITS HER FINISHER! And we get to have the Roxanne kill some time as NXT tag champion before she gets called up.  That was good.  Seems like it should have gone longer but that was good.  OMIGOD,  Pretty Deadly are so fucking great.  ROLL TIDE!  YEE-HAW!  It's Trick Williams vs Wes Lee!  I'm thinking that both of these guys are best at making big dudes look good so it will be interesting to see how they INTERACT!  Lee is the first to go BIG selling a BEEL by Williams.  I'm guessing this is basically Fuego del Sol versus El Serpentico.  Lee uses rubbing alcohol to blind Lee and THAT was not as good as should have been.  That actually ended up sucking.  Disappointing.  Tiffany Stratton and Wendy Choo start in the back and fight through the picture in picture!  Choo is menacing Tiffany!  We get to BIG SCREEN and a regular wrestling match starts!  Tiffany Stratton might be in my top ten.  Sure!  She's already pretty good and it's fun watching her get better every match.  GREAT overhead Judo Throw by Wendy Choo!  Nice Popup Powerbomb by Stratton.  This is good.  URANAGI by Choo!  SWEET BRAINBUSTER by Choo.  Choo has a great arsenal of offense.  Tiffany Stratton hits her finisher and that was good.  Choo has a wad of cool moves and Stratton took them like a CHAMP.  Stratton is getting so good.  All she needs is a little more offense because she can already make her opponent look like a million bucks.  Maybe Wendy Choo is in my top ten now.  Awesome! Grayson Waller!  He is awesome.  It's Carmello Hayes!  This should be good.  Waller is the Darby Allin of NXT- in that he makes his opponent look like a killer no matter who it is.  Waller gets in some offense early and we go to picture in picture and it's that disturbing Great Wolf Lodge ad again.  Waller beats on Hayes while we wait to go to the BIG SCREEN!  Hayes gets in a kick and a rolling DDT while we are distracted.  Waller cuts him off with a Tarantula over the top rope.  Man, this match needs an INTERNATIONAL FEED.  Nice spring board elbow drop off the second rope by Waller.  This is a mountain of offense shoved into a tiny screen.  They counter each others stuff as they go to a normal screen until Hayes sinks in a Crossface and Waller sinks in a Triangle Choke and both are countered by rolling up into a pinning predicament.  Waller hits a crazy standing somersault Downward Spiral?  That was fucking insane.  Hayes sells it like RVD selling a DDT.  This match is fucking great.  Both of these guys remind me of Shane Strickland in their in-ring movement but they don't actually do Strange Style.  It's like Arez with a more brutal offense.  Hayes hits a fucking GIGANTIC Guillotine Legdrop for the win.  Well, that was the best match so far tonight.  Grayson Waller is fucking great.  Carmello Hayes is fucking great too.  The Creed Brothers takes on Roderick Strong and Damen Kemp for THE STRAPS~!  Strong and Brutus take it to the mat!  Julius does a GREAT Front face lock overhead suplex on Kemp.  Kemp answers with a nice German Suplex.  Kemp bounces all over the ring and Brutus hits the amazingly hairbrained CANNONBALL OFF THE TOP TO THE FLOOR!  Kemp takes his ass beating like a MAN.  He tags in Strong and Strong and Julius have at it.  Kemp tags in and gets in some offense.  I love this match.  It's an ode to the Steiners like FTR will do an ode to Bret Hart.  Kemp is the Rick Steiner of the Match.  Brutus and Julius add up the Scott Steiner of the match.  Actually, Brutus is out of control like the Mad Dog Buzz Sawyer of the match.  Julius Creed throws two fucking BEAUTIFUL suplexes on Roderick Strong.  Julius kills Kemp with a Roaring Elbow but a Lariat and it didn't really build up to a hot finish but that was a LOT of cool looking suplexes.  I'll take it.  Speaking of Steiners and suplexes, it's Bron Brakker.  It's Cameron Grimes.  He's going for Bron's bad shoulder.  SWEET Steinerline by Brakker.  Grimes goes after the shoulder and Brakker Irish Whips as a counter and then sinks in a front chancellory that Grimes counters into a DDT on the shoulder and Grimes then works for the Fujiwara Armbar but Bron works to a vertical base and Brakker hits a big Vertical Suplex and then Bron bumps big to the floor and Grimes works on the shoulder.  Gnarley shoulder submission by Grimes and Brakker hits a nice Spinebuster.  Great nearfall on a Spanish Fly by Grimes.  Another great nearfall on a Frankensteiner.  Another great nearfall with Grimes hitting a Meteora.  Brakker hits a Spear to finally put Grimes away.  That was great.  All the matches were at least good except for the Wes Lee match.  Grayson Waller/Carmello Hayes was my favorite of the night, then Grimes/Brakker and then Creeds/Strong/Kemp.  Stratton/Choo was better than the tag title switch.  That was a big night of wrestling.

• Like 2

For those wondering, this is what the QR code they flashed during the show led to:

yhluu4qf6w991.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

The 8th letter of the alphabet is H, the 10th is J and the 11th is K. 

HJK is close to MJF.

MJF IS NXT 2.0~!

• Like 1