DVDVR Message Board

DYNAMITE- 6/29/2022!

DEAN

I started nodding off while watching the Blood & Guts match last night. Not because the match was boring, just because I'd had an insanely long and busy day. I was going to watch it today since I had the day off work for a dentist appointment but ended up doing a bunch of stuff and by the time I finally sat down to relax, I didn't feel like putting on an hour long match. However, I saw the majority of it and really liked it. The thing with Claudio stealing Eddie's thunder at the end was a nice touch and helps to probably break off Eddie from the Jericho thing into something with Claudio. I think the B&G match will for sure be better on a second watch though, especially when I'm more coherent. I'll most likely use it as my lead-in to the Impact special tomorrow night.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

Where does MJF fit in all of this? Because Eddie winning the title, only to immediately lose it to MJF would be some nuclear fucking heat.

I actually want them to do a storyline where TK will grant MJF's release on one condition, bass-ackwards as it sounds: he has to become AEW champion. So it turns into MJF running an absolute heavy metal gauntlet of tough opponents... a lesser man would crack, but MJF wants out so badly that he rises to the challenge. And TK meanwhile is helping open MJF's eyes to how good and tough he can be when his back's to the wall.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Nyla had a couple of awesome hoss fights in June, started the alliance with Shafir, and is now ranked #1. Dynamite and Rampage are just the shows with the annoying PIP during every heel heat segment. I’m just saying that for those who follow her in AEW, it was a pretty good month for her.

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 3

Orange Cassidy won a big match, against a physically larger opponent, in Detroit, with a bodyslam.

Who does he think he is, Hulk Hogan?

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

So Blood & Guts 2 is the second longest match in AEW history at 46:45 behind the 60 minute draw Adam Page vs. Bryan Danielson at AEW Winter is Coming Dynamite. Do you count the start of the match with Claudio Castagnoli and Sammy Guevara or when Submit or Surrender begins? I'd go 46:45 myself.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

Christian's attire? I'd say inspired by Paul Rudd's character in The Shrink Next Door.

You know, Rudd's character basically alienated Ferrell's character from all his friends so he'd depend on him...Cage is kind of doing this, too...

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

Does AEW need to take a breathe and save more stuff for PPV or are we beyond that being a viable revenue stream and getting eyeballs on Dynamite is the bigger picture?

I like how AEW puts PPV level matches on TV, makes TV a bigger deal and the special edition episodes. Having only four PPVs a year, five this year allows for that. It's telling that in my Best AEW Matches countdown, most are TV matches. Been meaning to do the same for Best WWE Matches ever and very few if any TV matches would place.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 4

41 minutes ago, The Natural said:

So Blood & Guts 2 is the second longest match in AEW history at 46:45 behind the 60 minute draw Adam Page vs. Bryan Danielson at AEW Winter is Coming Dynamite. Do you count the start of the match with Claudio Castagnoli and Sammy Guevara or when Submit or Surrender begins? I'd go 46:45 myself.

What was the previous #2?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Eddie winning the title is going to be Mick Foley 2.0

It'll be an all time pop if they do it right and, damn it, I trust AEW to do it right.

IMO, Eddie isn't the modern Foley. He's Dusty.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, hammerva said:

By the way was there any explanation why the JAS was dressed they were?   I figured the red was some Detroit Red Wings thing but maybe there was even more ulterior motives to that.     I would love to hear the conversation from Jericho trying to tell Jake Hager that it is a good luck for him  

To me it was rather Clockwork Orange with Alex and his Droogs

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

Christian's attire? I'd say inspired by Paul Rudd's character in The Shrink Next Door.

I get a distinct Jeff Goldblum vibe from himDoes Jeff Goldblum Do Commercials?

2 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Now the question is - Does AEW need to take a breathe and save more stuff for PPV or are we beyond that being a viable revenue stream and getting eyeballs on Dynamite is the bigger picture?

The big money in wrestling is no long PPV or House show business, its tv deals. Keeping Time Warner happy with a million plus viewers in priority 

Just like I said about 2.0 are being used so much better in AEW than on the other channel, 2 nights and Claudio is a big deal after years of being JAG.

Only complaint is they need to get State Farm or DraftKings to be the title sponsor for the whole hour next year 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, username said:

...Fuck.

Shame on you AEW, that's legit piss poor of you.

Yeah it sucks that they didn't use Nyla despite having her in the ads but Bowens has been used pretty much every week on either Dynamite or Rampage hasn't he? To be clear, not saying that excuses not using Nyla at all (I'm a fan and would like to see her used a lot more often) but at least there was some representation on TV.

Edited by BrianS81177