DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 6/22/2022

4 hours ago, Craig H said:

For the people that keep mentioning lee moriarty, first of all, lee isn’t that good. Sorry. More importantly, he’s injured so it’s not him.

As for Filthy Tom, Dave made it sound like he’s already in Japan getting ready for the G1.

Oh neat, didn't know Lawlor was working the G1. Lee Moriarty counterpoint, he is in fact good. Very good. I base this on his clear aptitude for catch-as-catch-can pro wrestling. He's also 27 years of age and getting better weekly.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, (BP) said:

They have to run Christian vs David Arquette as part of the build for the Jungle Boy program. From my lips to the Coach’s ears *prayer hands*

Is there a logical link between Luke Perry and David Arquette that would make this an important part of the said program? Honest question, with no irony/ snark intended, for the record.

Edited by Shartnado
Removed a question mark

1 hour ago, Shartnado said:

Is there a logical link between Luke Perry and David Arquette that would make this an important part of the said program? Honest question, with no irony/ snark intended, for the record.

I think they were good friends and lived together when younger/starting out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Craig H said:

For the people that keep mentioning lee moriarty, first of all, lee isn’t that good. Sorry. More importantly, he’s injured so it’s not him.

He wasn't injured when he wrestled Takeshita in Prestige Wrestling last weekend. And he's way better that "that good".

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Shartnado said:

If so, then that would definitely be enough for this to happen! I'm all for it!

Yeah, Luke Perry lived with the Arquette family when he moved to LA. He was especially tight with Alexis and David. If I’m not mistaken, Luke drove David to the hospital when he almost bled out from getting slashed with a light tube by Nick Gage. 

David wrestled JB a couple of years ago, and they had a sweet interaction afterwards. 

• Like 5

One of the few heel promos I can think off with audible "Shut the fuck up" chants. Shawn Michaels in Montreal, Roman Reigns on the post WrestleMania XXXIII RAW, Kevin Owens/Elias nuclear heat in Seattle and MJF in AEW.

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

One of the best AEW promos ever. Christian Cage is great as a face and as a heel. Few can do both equally as well. Bryan Danielson, Eddie Guerrero and Bret Hart are three that come straight to mind.

I love Christian Cage, and agree on the quality level of that promo. Your assessment is fair, he's a good babyface, knows how to work it, and is a legendary brand. But(!!!) babyface Christian is nowhere near the level of his natural heel act. Is it crazy to assume that at 48 years old that this may end up being Christian's best run?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

With his turtleneck and stylish-ass jacket, I thought Christian looked like and extra from The Avengers (the English one, not Marvel).

He looked like James Coburn in In Like Flint

• Like 1

Decided to order Forbidden Door so I am watching this week's tv.

Christian promo really shocked me.  I didn't feel like they'd go there even after involving the mother and sister last week.  Apparently, the Perry family has carny roots.  Who knew.

Surprised (but not surprised) there isn't more blowback from that promo.  Vince would catch holy fire from the Internet if he had a heel invoke the name of someone's dead dad.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

Christian promo really shocked me.  I didn't feel like they'd go there even after involving the mother and sister last week.  Apparently, the Perry family has carny roots.  Who knew.

Surprised (but not surprised) there isn't more blowback from that promo.  Vince would catch holy fire from the Internet if he had a heel invoke the name of someone's dead dad.

Luke and Christian had an interaction on his and Edge's old WWE Network show what has to be a couple years ago now. Edge really put over how big of a mark for Luke's 90210 character Christian was - so there is actual history between the two interacting. 

A little more different than bringing up Charlotte's brother who said person had never even so much as talked to. But I get your sentiment.

2 hours ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

I get where you're coming from. But Christian and Luke Perry were friends. He was on That Edge & Christian WWE Network show. He's a huge fan of the business and was boys with lots of the workers. So in this situation I would assume Christian knows how Luke would have felt about it. Jungle Boy too especially. Just as when Paul Bearer's ashes were used in the Punk & Taker feud and Taker and Paul's real sons all agreed he would be cool with it, I don't think they go through with this without universal approval that Luke would have been fine with that.

It's a situation where Luke unfortunately died younger than he should have. But there's something to be said for this being a natural death vs someone overdosing or some sort of nefarious death. Still understandable tho if it strikes you the wrong way. Just saying the specific case of Luke Perry I don't think would catch heat anywhere it was used in this same context. Just like Paul Bearer's death being in a WWE story that had minimal to no backlash from the fans.

• Like 2

On 6/24/2022 at 6:29 AM, The Natural said:

One of the best AEW promos ever. Christian Cage is great as a face and as a heel. Few can do both equally as well. Bryan Danielson, Eddie Guerrero and Bret Hart are three that come straight to mind.

I'd agree but add Savage to your list