DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SUMMER 2022

odessasteps

BTW, for those who just have this thread bookmarked and don't read the rest of the forum, the week 2 EPL Predictions (tentatively ripping off  paying homage to the Highway to Ham prediction by calling it the Motorway to the Premier League) thread is up.

Barcelona. Mes que un shitshow...

edit: For those who don't have an Athletic subscription, here's the short version:

They're trying to threaten their own player with criminal charges.

The crime? Comes out of signing a renewal (that would see him earn back money they agreed to give to keep the club from bankruptcy during COVID) in 2020. They are alleging some "Criminal happenings" between the old board and de Jong, so they want de Jong to go back to his agreed to paycut deal (costing him $18 million) or face a criminal investigation. (They do not explain what the criminal happenings are in their letter)

Bonus stupidity: There's additional news today that the reason that Barcelona's new players can't be registered is that Barcelona tried to play the shell game, when they sold their TV rights, they sold it to a company they are 50% owners of. This allowed them to "book" an extra $150 million in "profit", that would allow them to register new players under LaLiga financial rules. La Liga said "No, that's literally just moving money from your front pocket to your back pocket, there's no new money on hand here". To make things worse, since they registered the $150 million as profit, it then becomes taxable under Spanish rules. So, they have to pay like 25% of that $150 million they gave themselves as "profit"to the taxman.

So they may have paid nearly $40 million for no benefit at all.

At this point, they're weaponizing a "We're too big to fail" speedrun

Edited by SirFozzie

Watching Bradford City v Hull City and I want to believe that @The Natural lives in that huge apartment building overlooking the corner of the stadium with the weird off center stand.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Legit yelled "HOLY FUCK" out loud at that scoreline.

At this rate I expect a coaching change within the next month. My money's on Rodney Eleven Hag or Moishe Twelve Hag.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

At this rate I expect a coaching change within the next month. My money's on Rodney Eleven Hag or Moishe Twelve Hag.

It's your Birthday/Christmas Day rolled into one for you with Manchester City thrashing Bournemouth 4-0 and Brentford twatting Manchester United by the same score.

• Like 1

Records tumble

This is the first time United have started a league campaign with consecutive losses since the first edition of the Premier League - which, funnily enough, they went on to win.

The stats don't make pleasant reading for Ten Hag either, the Dutchman becoming the first manager since John Chapman in 1921 to lose his opening two games in charge of the club.

The Red Devils' recent away record is atrocious - this is the first time they have suffered seven straight league defeats on the road since 1936, when they tumbled to 11 consecutive away losses.

Remarkably, United have now conceded four goals in seven separate games since the beginning of the 2021-22 season. They have also let in four first-half goals on three occasions since October 2020.

To add insult to injury, this is Brentford's biggest top-flight win since beating Grimsby Town 6-1 in April 1938.

Liverpool, who visit Old Trafford a week on Monday, must be licking their lips.

On 8/13/2022 at 11:26 AM, Pete said:

When Lars Thirteen Hag becomes manager, The Seal will finally be opened!

• Haha 1