DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 6/30/22 - Nashville, TN

*Taped for BTI: Rich Swann def. Raj Singh (6:30) with the 450 splash. Brian Myers sat on the ramp and did commentary. After the match, Myers attacked Swann setting up a Digital Media Championship rematch at Against All Odds.

Impact Wrestling - Airing June 30, 2022 from Nashville, TN

*Trey Miguel def. Chris Bey, Steve Maclin, & Laredo Kid (6:07) after Meteora on Bey to become #1 contender to the X Division Championship.

*Gisele Shaw def. Rosemary (w/ Taya Valkyrie) (9:57) with a running knee after a distraction from The Influence (Madison Rayne & Tenille Dashwood), who were on commentary. After the match, Gisele joins The Influence in attacking Rosemary & Taya.

*Jordynne Grace def. Savannah Evans (w/ Tasha Steelz) (3:47) after the muscle buster.

*The Good Brothers (Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson)(c) (w/ James Storm) def. Honor No More (PCO & Vincent w/ Eddie Edwards, Matt Taven, Mike Bennett, & Maria Kanellis) (5:23) when Anderson pinned Vincent with a rollup to retain the tag team championships. After the match, Honor No More attack the Good Brothers & Storm until Chris Harris & Heath make the save with lead pipes.

*Ace Austin (w/ Chris Bey) def. Alex Zayne (10:54) with The Fold after a distraction from Bey.

*Chris Sabin (w/ Alex Shelley) def. Frankie Kazarian (21:52) with the Cradle Shock. After the match, they shake hands and hug. 

Edited by DreamBroken

• 2 weeks later...

Great main event from Sabin/Kaz, reminiscent of their early classics. Loved this little run for Kazarian while it lasted, always one of my favorites. Ace/Zayne was real good, Zayne looked pretty great here. Everything else was solid, if kept pretty short tonight. Against All Odds has quickly and quietly become a pretty strong card. Most importantly The WILDCAT is back in the ring one last time! 

• Like 2

Well, AEW had a fucking four-way for the fucking IWGP World Heavyweight championship Sunday so I guess I can't bitch an IMPACT! X-Division qualifying match.  At least the title isn't up for grabs and it sets up a proper title match at the unseeable quasiPPV tomorrow.  Oh well,  I will still bitch about shitty four ways on GP.  Anyway, Steve Maclin looks good in this and the Laredo Kid is completely awesome.  Trey Miguel is all about the Strange Style.  Speedball is watching backstage and he is actually turned towards the screen and watching it like a normal human and not a WWE wrestler.  I think that's a class at the PC- "How To Watch TV Like A Superstar."  Laredo Kid and Trey Miguel have competing Spectacular dives (Laredo Kid wins) and then Trey Miguel pins Chris Bey to challenge Mike Bailey for the belt.  That was a fucking four way but at least it was short.  It's Giselle Shaw and Rosemary!  Giselle is trying to be a substitute for the injured Madison Rain by taking out Taya Valkyrie and Rosemary to be a temporary member of the Influence.  Giselle ragdolls Rosemary.  Rosemary makes a comeback and bites her in the face!  And an EXPLOIDAH by Rosemary for two!  Giselle looks great in this.  Great nearfall by Rosemary on a TommyKazi!  THEN Tennille Dashwood and Madison Rain attack Taya and THUS distract Rosemary and Giselle CRUSHES her with knee to the face and gets the pin!  That was great.  It's James Mitchell!  It's Savannah Evans!  She has been REALIZING her inner ass stomper lately and it's a great thing!  It's Jordynne Grace!  She has also been TRULY laying it in.  I assume this will be a mutual assbeating.  HOLY SHIT, Savannah comes in HOT!  This match is fucking great.  They are beating the hell out of each other.  This match is a realization of the PROMISE of the KnockOuts division.  That match was fucking great.  No quite long enough, but fucking great.  It's the Good Brothers versus PCO and Vincent!  Where were the Good Brothers Sunday?  They are a big deal in New Japan.  I'm assuming they were in the states.  Maybe they weren't.  Vincent is a good little wrestler.  The Good Brothers are good wrestlers.  Let's face it- we are waiting for the total freak PCO to tag in. AND HE DOES!  GREAT fucking Toprope Legdrop.  I think that's called a Guillotine Legdrop, but that might be a toprope legdrop with front somersault.  OR I think that's called a Rolling Guillotine Legdrop.  It wasn't the Booker T/Bull Nakanoi version.  But it looked fucking great.  It's his TOTALLY PSYCHOTIC SENTON OFF THE ROPE TO THE APRON!  Then he tags out and we watch the wrestling and WAIT.  Vincent is pretty good and obviously takes the pin.  Postmatch, Honor No More attacks the Good Brothers and James Storm and Wildcat Chris Harris and Heath joins them to make the save and it will make for a probably overdelivering match- as Honor No More is all about overdelivering on matches.  Awesome!  Ace Austin is back on the TV!  He is hanging out with Chris Bey since he is Bullet Club now.  Where was he Sunday?  Awesome!  It's gourmand, Alex Zayne!  This should be good.  They were pals during the BOSJ!  Ace broke Alex' heart by joining the Bullet Club!  Alex Zayne does a lot of zany roll ups and is awesome.  These two should have a five year feud.  Zayne is fucking great.  They are definitely wrestling this as a New Japan juniors match- as this is the direction Ace Austin needed,  The Baja Blast is an odd looking move by Zayne.  This match is fun!  Bey grabs Zayne and it gives Ace Austin time to hit The Fold for the win!  That's quality wrestling right there.  It's AEW's Frankie Kazarian!  Where was he Sunday?  He could have been in one of those Buy-In matches.  It's Chris Sabin!  These guys need the option of tagging in PCO because these are both really good wrestlers but...  I mean, I don't want to be a dick so let's watch, shall we?  Kazarian can get nasty when you go deep enough into his arsenal. Nice Fisherman Suplex With A Bridge by Kaz.  They take it to the floor and Sabin starts swinging and Kaz CRUSHES him against the ringpost.  Sabin  goes on offense and he hits a nice tope.  Kaz goes back on offense and he hits a nice springboard legdrop.  Great nearfall on a DDT by Kaz.  The finishing sequence is all intricate and shit.  I would like to right now acknowledge that IMPACT! has the best commentary in Pro Wrestling.  Nice Superkick and Spinning DDT on the floor by Sabin.  Great nearfall on a beautiful Cutter off the ropes by Kaz.  Sabin hits Cradle Shock and Kaz kicks out at two!  Superplex by Kaz and Sabin turns it into a pinning predicament for TWO!  GREAT Lariat by Sabin sets up the Cradle Shock for the win!  That match was great.  It didn't even need a tag in by PCO!  That was some quality wrestling tonight.

• Like 3