DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 6/13 - 6/19/2022

Dolfan in NYC

Edge needs to not show up on TV for about a month at least.  Or if he does, Balor needs to put him down in an UNcompetitive squash.  Let Balor be the Prince. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Edge needs to not show up on TV for about a month at least.  Or if he does, Balor needs to put him down in an UNcompetitive squash.  Let Balor be the Prince. 

Balor seems more likely to be the Demon, if the reports are accurate.  Vince supposedly wants the stable to go in a spooky, supernatural direction.

• Sad 1

Montez Ford versus Jimmy Usos!  Ford sells an ass beating in a pretty old school singles match-  in lieu of hitting a giant high spot.  He has a glimmer of hope and is cut off by Jimmy.  And he has another glimmer of hope and is cut off by Jimmy.  I love this match.  Montez Ford channelling Ricky Steamboat instead of Hayabusa is FUN.  Cool nearfall on a Ford Spinebuster!  Cooler nearfall on Jimmy's overdriven Samoan Drop.  Ford makes this match by his selling and bumping.  The story is that Jimmy Uso countered every big move that Ford tried- including Ford's Frogsplash- with which Uso gets a pin.  UNEXPECTEDLY GOOD!  They are doing Dana Brooke and Big Time Becks!  COOL!  Crazy Becky is the BEST Becky!  Brooke bumps like a TOTAL FREAK through the ropes to the floor.  Brooke is bumping like a KING for Big Time Becks.  Asuka comes out and she and Becks battle for a while.  SO I guess this wasn't an actual match.  Oh well, it was a good approximation of wrestling.  Liv Morgan and Alexis Bliss are a TAG TEAM!  WHO TURNS ON WHO?!?  Nikki ASH and Doudrop came up together and are THUS a tagteam from waay back!  WHO TURNS ON WHO!?!?!?!  Bliss and Doudrop have an awkward little segment.  Nikki ASH and Alexa Bliss have an awkward segment.  Liv Morgan is all perky and kicks Doudrop a lot.  So Alexa Bliss is the Anna Jay of the WWE women's division.  Morgan and Doudrop both EAT HOT DEATH on the floor separately.  Nikki ASH takes a DDT like a CHAMP.  That match was a bit of a wreck.  Kevin Owens is all dynamic and shit.  Ezekiel hits a nice Spinebuster.  CRAZY bump by Owens on the steel steps.  Kevin Owens uses great looking punches.  Ezekiel uses power moves.  The finish is bullshit.  That was pretty good while it lasted.  MVP wrestles Cedric Alexander!   For a second!  I don't understand why that happened.  AJ Styles and Seth Rollins GO HARD!  AJ Styles is such a physical freak.  He is so great.  Rollins is good.  Styles takes a RIDICULOUS BUMP off a tope by Rollins.  Man, Styles throws a bunch of punches and the WWE has two edits for each punch since they don't have faith that Style's punches will look good.   Strange.  Styles spindles Rollins calf!  Styles hits the Pele kick!  Good nearfall after Styles hits the suplex into the turnbuckle.  Rollins attacks Style's knee.  Styles ruins his knee more with a backbreaker.  BUCKLE BOMB!  But he misses the Frog Splash!  Styles tries a Styles Clash but Rollins counters out and gets the roll up pin.  Well, THAT was good.  Oh man, Matt Riddle versus Ciampa!  So they are piling up the good matches early this week.  Ciampa and Riddle trade holds and it's not the usual current Riddle match.  Nice Powerslam by Riddle.  Ciampa is FUN grabbing Riddle's big toe in an ankle lock.  Riddle stays on offense for a lot of this match- so it was a differnet match then what he has been doing lately.  Riddle with the RKO for the pin.  And THAT was good.  Mustafa Ali versus Chad Gable?  Jesus Christ, RAW IS RAMPAGE!  Chad Gable does the Tiger Mask spinning takedown and it's awesome.  Ali bumps like a PSYCHO going facefirst into the second turnbuckle.  Gable with the Tiger Suplex HOLD!  Chad Gable channelling Tiger Mask is pretty great.  Gable hits a SWEET Doug Williams Roll Through German Suplex for the win!  That was really fucking good for such a short match.  CHAD GABLE ! is TIGER MASK!  Okay, Veer Mahan versus Rey Rey HAS to end the great match streak, right?  Well, it is Rey Misterio Jr.  Rey takes the Irish Whip like Bret Hart!  Veer Mahan does the PSICOSIS BUMP through the ropes to the ringpost!  Great Lariat on Dominick on the floor.  Rey taps!  That was good!  Not quite great, but really good!  Rey Rey is awesome.  That was quality wrestling.

• Like 1

In case you missed it, Owens took hands down the stupidest bump of the year tonight. You thought AEW's stair spots were bad.

"Watch 'til the end," as the kids say.

• Sad 1

What I caught of Ford/Jimmy and AJ/Seth seemed good.

Women's tag match had some ok moments but nothing too memorable though I liked DD and Ash's double team on Alexa.

Becky saying fuck it and just beating the shit out of Dana before declaring her intentions for MITB was neat. Heel Becky is so much better than face Becky, even moreso as she slowly loses sanity.

Ezekiel/Owens was decent, but Ezekiel/Elias had never really interested me in the ring despite being solid. That staircase bump Owens took was moronic.

Riddle/Ciampa and Gable/Ali were both quick and good. Still kind fo sucks to see Ciampa in such an aimless position.

Rey/Veer was alright.

As a mark for the character/gimmick of Elias (there's usually one silly WWE character that wins me over every couple of years), I hope this isn't a ploy. Even though it obviously is.

I just want to walk again. 

• Like 1

I watched most of RAW (missed most of the first hour). They really have an odd thing with closing the show with comedy over the solid match. Seth/AJ was a solid match. I don't know why it wasn't the main event.

I can't believe I'm sucked into the Zeke/Elias thing. I want to see how they pull it off and the over the top reaction Owens will have from it.

• Like 1

WWE was ranked 1, 2, 3 for the hours in order. 

I'm not one of those people who think WWE or AEW tv will ever match the ratings of yesteryear or decades ago. Most of everything (except maybe the Superbowl and Video Games) is either smaller or niche now in USA. Some stuff or hobbys or entertainment will become even more smaller over time in this decade. Even celebrity idol worship culture is slowly shrinking downwards.

Edited by Blue Dragon

I keep expecting Gacy's minions to unmask and be two actual known people that he's managed to suck into his cult, though I'm assuming they're just two new PC guys for now. Working a match in that gear is admirable, whoever they are.

Grimes' promo was great and I'm glad he's getting away from the goofy gimmick, even if he was totally running with it. He came off like the Trevor Lee of old here and I'm looking forward to the match with Breaker.

Desmond Xavier might end up on his feet as a solo guy after all.

I didn't realize Rich Italian Guy was Aichner rebranded, mainly because I thought he'd been released.

While I don't think any of them are quite at the high level that the original Four Horsewomen were, the current crop of women in NXT is the most solid they've had in a long time.

Sorry I'm late.  THINGS!  Mostly giving into the urge to watch NWA of YouTube after watching DARK.  Anyhoo, Malik Blade and Edris Enofe are frozen on my screen because I cannot remember their names.  Julius and Brutus I can sometimes remember.  I definitely remember the Creed Brothers.  Brutus with a FABULOUS Shoulder Block.  Malik Blade is very smooth in the ring.  Edris Enofe does the GREATEST EMBELLISHED Sunset Flip EVER!  And then procures a neato submission.  Blade and Enofe are good.  I wish they had better WWE Name Generator names.  The Creeds are awesome.  Enofe wrestles all Strange.  BULLDOG CHOKE IN  PICTURE IN PICTURE!  ARMBAR IN PICTURE IN PICTURE!  BEARHUG IN PICTURE IN PICTURE!  POWERBOMB NEARFALL IN PICTURE IN PICTURE!  Enofe is the Shane Strickland or Arez of NXT.  He definitely brings the Strange Style.  JEEZ,  Julius throws folks around in a reckless manner.  They finally make it to Brutus' finisher.  That was good.  Fallon Henley and Tiffany Stratton hook'em up!  Henley is channelling Mickey James and it's FUN!  Henley throws good punches.  OH RIGHT!  This is taped and not live.  Wendy Choo costs Tiffany Stratton the match!  That was short but good.  Tiffany Stratton is the future of WWE Women's division if she isn't let go.  Xyon Quinn and Wes Lee wrestle again!  Lee is a total physical FREAK.  The flip onto his feet after being draped across the toprope is fucking INSANE.  Lee wins AGAIN!  Xyon Quinn is having an odd NXT run.  Joe Gacy accompanies the New Age Conquistadors!  They do a thing with their hands.  Nice short lariat by the Gacy underling.  Gnarley finisher.  This is definitely taped because Tony D'Angelo talks to a guy in the ring who isn't in the WWE anymore.  Bron Brakker squashes Duke Hudson for some reason.  Cameron Grimes will bump all over the ring for Brakker it appears.  Guru Raj and Giovanni Vinci in a battle of the WWE Random Name Generator.  Nice Lariat by Vinci.  And a Last Ride....Hey!  that's the Undertaker's finisher!  It's Troy Donovan!  I barely got a chance to see if he was any good.  Trick Williams hits that YO-HEY leg scissors takedown.  This is a bunch of stuff going on and it's pretty good.  I can't tell the D'Angelo underlings apart so I guess a new Troy Donovon shows up in two weeks and I assume no one will notice- sort of the Anti- Fake Diesel and Fake Razor Ramon Reaction.  Future Baddie, Gigi Dolan!   Toxic Attraction are a super effective heel faction.  Your babyfaces are super sympathetic so I await the heels to beat some heat onto the faces.  They are shining up Indi and Cora as I assume Roxanne is going to take the beating in this match.  Our heroes are standing tall as we head to PICTURE IN PICTURE!  And Roxanne tags in during PICTURE IN PICTURE and tags out.  Hmmm.  I see that Cora Jade is going to be our Ricky Morton.  I guess Roxanne will be the most adorable Robert Gibson ever.  Oh, they are having Roxanne as our Ricky  Morton after all. They don't really do a HEAT SEGMENT~!   This is more of a Dick the Bruiser and the Crusher style tag match.  They finally get to the face in peril section with our evil ladies beating on Cora Jade.  The ref missed the tag!  Roxanne IS the most adorable Robert Gibson!  What a strange finish.  That was a good episode.

• Like 1

Creeds vs. Enofe/Blade was good stuff. Enofe showed more than usual and definitely has some potential on his own. These teams gelled pretty well together, and I hope we see a rematch at some point.

Stratton/Fallon was short and nice while it lasted though i question how the finish wasn't a dq.

Xyon/Lee was super quick but fun. Lee is a guy I'm surprised they have kept around w/o his partner. He feels like he should be tearing it up in Japan as junior. I dug the later backstage segment with Quinn and Sanga. I loved how the ladies stood up with Sanga. Leon in particular looked like she was ready to beat Quinn's ass even more than Sanga.

Gacy's minions vs. jobbers didn't leave much of an impression one way or the other.

Bron annihilated Hudson. If Hudson isn't on his way out then I have no idea why this happened. I felt sorry for the poor bastard. The Grimes promo after the match was great. Grimes brought tons of passion there and went hard into Bron while not quite going heel. This has been the title match I have been looking forward to seeing Bron have so that will be fun.

Aichner's re-debut as Giovanni Vinci felt weird. Aichner looked fucking great as expected and mostly managed to lean away from his usual self in NXT, but it feels weird that they expect pretend he isn't Fabian Aichner who was amazing for years in Imperium. Kind of torn as he is probably good enugh to be on hsi won, but I still would rather seem him teaming with WALTER/GUNTHER and Barthel/Kaiser on Smackdown.

Hayes/Trick vs. D'Angelo's boys was fine.

Toxic Attraction vs. Roxanne/Cora/Indi was solid though the finish was kind of weird.

JD promo was great.  I like how they explained the reasons for killing Edge and how making himself the leader of JD was actually counterproductive to the goals of the stable.  Balor, Ripley, and Priest are stablemates and see each other as equals for now, but eventually some sort of pecking order will establish itself and tear them apart.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

Even celebrity idol worship culture is slowly shrinking downwards.

and the world will be a better place when it's gone completely. Ditto politician or blanket political party worship culture.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chaos said:

and the world will be a better place when it's gone completely. Ditto politician or blanket political party worship culture.

I agree with if celeb culture goes away. 

But I can't see the same happening with politics in USA anytime soon, seeing how politically charged USA is nowadays.

• Like 1