DVDVR Message Board

6/10/2022!- AEW RAMPAGE!

DEAN

Just watched the main on youtube again Will has such a great doochebage heel charisma. With the stupid hair, the facials, the what ever the fuck that fur coat thing he wore to the ring. Who ever said he's the third paul brother nailed it.

• Like 1

I just got done watching Eddie versus Jake Hager. I think Hager is a pretty terrible professional wrestler. It is almost impressive for someone to be that uninteresting as a performer. 

Eddie Kingston is the exact opposite. Everything he does stands out as singularly his. He sells like no one else does. He moves like no one else does. His offense is like no one else’s. 

That I got into a Jake Hager the match I did and gasped at Kingston cracking him with his back fist both times shows that The Mad King really is just incredible in a way no one else is, ever had been, or ever will be. 

• Like 4

On 6/11/2022 at 12:31 PM, JLowe said:

Anna Jay doing a run-in against 2 baddies and putting on the Queenslayer...bless her heart. I hate that move, it doesn’t look like a convincing submission anyway and then to use that on a run-in. Someone help her develop some kind of big strike or kick.

LOOOOL I thought that exact same thing.  Run into a two on one beatdown with (checks notes) a sleeperhold?  Fucking hilarious.

I don't watch NJPW a lot...when did Ospreay go from "spotmonkey dork who likes Assassin's Creed too much" to "grimy-ass chav?"  All he's missing is a tracksuit.

BTW, awesome, awesome show and a great way to rebound from a kind of depressing Dynamite.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I don't watch NJPW a lot...when did Ospreay go from "spotmonkey dork who likes Assassin's Creed too much" to "grimy-ass chav?"  All he's missing is a tracksuit.

One of the reasons I've never liked Ospray is exactly that. I remember seeing him in person a lot before and after smaller shows here in the UK before he started making it big and he always gave me that douchebag vibe in real life.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Technico Support said:

LOOOOL I thought that exact same thing.  Run into a two on one beatdown with (checks notes) a sleeperhold?  Fucking hilarious.

BTW, awesome, awesome show and a great way to rebound from a kind of depressing Dynamite.

It was shortly after he turned heel, which was when he was leaving the light heavyweight division behind. So we're talking post-Ibushi/Ospreay match where no one knew if he legit knocked Ibushi out or not. My memory sucks, but it was about a year after that, so that's around the time NJPW came back during the early/mid COVID era.

I just can't get into whatever the fuck Will is doing with United Empire or his heel gimmick. It sucks. United Empire is just the shittiest NJPW faction with a few really great dudes in it. Mainly Jeff Cobb. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Shades of IRS running on Taker v. Yoko only to slap on a sleeper

• Haha 1

Splendid show! Opener was hard hitting as fuck! Big win for Eddie! Does this mean Ortiz is losing his hair, then?

Singh did a couple of moves. Already better than a few other previous giants.

Statlander vs Velvet was really good. I think this went way beyond their Owen qualifier. So, there's gonna be a women's trios match with this crew soon, right?

Main event rocked! Huge win for Trent Barretta! Did NOT see that coming!

Hookhausen bought cars with their winnings, I'll be damned!

• Like 2