DVDVR Message Board

6/10/2022!- AEW RAMPAGE!

DEAN

Without getting too spoilery, this is a fun show.

Satnam looked... better than I expected.

Full Card:

Jake Hager vs. Eddie Kingston

Jay Lethal and Satnam Singh vs. 2 Local Jobbers

Kris Statlander vs. Red Velvet

Trent Baretta and FTR vs. Will Ospreay and Aussie Open

• Like 4

I wonder if he hit In-N-Out when AEW was in Cali? Probably not, or we would have seen a tweet. No Takeshita Morishima announced for this show, anyhoo.

What has been announced:

Trent & FTR vs Ospreay and Ozzy O'Penn: It's fun when something good is coming and you know it's going to surprise people and you can anticipate the positive reactions. By this time next week we're all going to be hoping for more of Fletcher and Davis. I'm as confident about that as @A_K was about Punk's in-ring stumbles being a work, there being nothing factual about the MJF/Tony Khan schism, and AEW's early ratings decline during the 2019/20 playoffs portending certain doom for the promotion. ?

Jay Lethal & Satnam Singh vs Sex Bob-OmNothing against Vega & Fitchett, but I don't expect them to make the same kind of impression as Aussie Open. They are both very good, but I assume they are being brought in to get squashed, this week.

Even I am finding it hard to work up much enthusiasm w/r/t The Surly Green Giant. He certainly is large.

Edit: Now @Go2Sleep has me feeling cautiously optimistic. Hooray!

Red Velvet vs Kirsten Highlander: Cake vs Alien was a natural match-up. Baddie vs bad-ass might be even better.

Eddie Kingston vs Ripped Jake Hager: A clash of styles! This could be sneaky good. I am curious to see what they bring out of each other.

Hookhausen appearance: I was searching for Hooters on my tablet because my friend and I wanted to eat a lot of chicken wings and the options for that are relatively limited here in Japan. My autocomplete assumed I was typing Hookhausen. That made me smile. 

Hooters Osaka is permanently closed. There are other options, though not so much for Buffalo style wings. Sekai no Yamachan is reliably tasty, and closer to home Tebasu's dry curry wings are delicious. I might get a bottle of Frank's from Amazon and improvise.

Edit: And thus the circle of lardilization continues to continue.

Spoiler

Kotoge once told me that, when they went to America for the Chikara trios tournament, Harada had his first cheeseburger before they'd even left the airport.

Edited by Gordlow
This one's optimistic
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, DEAN said:

Japanese Lardilization CONTINUES!

It’s weird seeing Waterburger outside of Texas (since I don’t think Lard Lad is in the Lone Star state today). I’m a fan, my go-to is the Whatachicken strips or bites with cream gravy. Comes with a buttery piece of Texas toast and a mess of fries. Get some spicy ketchup and some regular ketchup (the best fast food ketchup). Wash it down with a Diet Dr. Pepper to keep the calorie count under 1500.

I’m excited to see Jake Hager in a singles match, and excited for Eddie to beat the shit out of him. Don’t really know what to expect from the rest of the card. Won’t be drunk and surly though as I’m on antibiotics and tomorrow is only day 2.5.

• Like 4

I'm excited to see the debut of Platinum Satnam most, really wonder what he's going to be like in ring. I know it'll be a squash but still.

Velvet/Statlander should be a really solid match that will likely see Athena show up to play back up I imagine.

Hager/Kingston? Sure, bring it on. Can't be half bad.

I'm excited for Aussie Open, not excited to see Ospreay. He is one of my least favorite active wrestlers, same level as Gargano to me.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Gordlow said:

Hooters Osaka is permanently closed. There are other options, though not so much for Buffalo style wings. Sekai no Yamachan is reliably tasty, and closer to home Tebasu's dry curry wings are delicious. I might get a bottle of Frank's from Amazon and improvise.

Don't feel bad, the US is suffering a wing shortage as well. Shit went through the roof price-wise and even Buffalo Wild Wings and Wingstop are having trouble. 

Since we're talking fast food, I ate the Arby's Wagyu burger yesterday. It was definitely a hamburger. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gordlow said:

Trent & FTR vs Ospreay and Ozzy O'Penn: It's fun when something good is coming and you know it's going to surprise people and you can anticipate the positive reactions.

They're wrestling Kings of the Black Throne on the next PWG show.  And Garcia is defending the title against Takeshita.  I'm psyched.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Gordlow said:

I might get a bottle of Frank's from Amazon and improvise.

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT forget the butter. I've made that mistake way too many times.

Also, to keep it on topic, hard agree with your preview of Kingston/Hager - I expect some bombs.

Going to be my first time seeing Aussie Open too, so I'm excited to see if they live up to the hype

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Technico Support said:

They're wrestling Kings of the Black Throne on the next PWG show.  And Garcia is defending the title against Takeshita.  I'm psyched.

I look forward to watching that in April of 2024.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Also, to keep it on topic, hard agree with your preview of Kingston/Hager - I expect some bombs.

I don't think that "a clash of styles" (between a trained MMA fighter and a wild, angry brawler) precludes bombs being thrown. I'm just expecting them to throw different types of bombs.

23 hours ago, Gordlow said:

Trent & FTR vs Ospreay and Ozzy O'Penn: It's fun when something good is coming and you know it's going to surprise people and you can anticipate the positive reactions. By this time next week we're all going to be hoping for more of Fletcher and Davis. I'm as confident about that as @A_K was about Punk's in-ring stumbles being a work, there being nothing factual about the MJF/Tony Khan schism, and AEW's early ratings decline during the 2019/20 playoffs portending certain doom for the promotion. ?

Second week running, my man. Living rent free here - no need to quote my name, enjoy your Rampage! If you think AEW losing their expensive top earning, world worn 43 year old WC in a pivotal contract-negotiation season to some naïve, nonsensical crowd dive or, even worse, foolhardy springboard with no risk/reward was some how more satisfying than the idea of such foolhardy actions being part of a narrative story .. more power to ya! Enjoy the show ?

Edited by A_K

So this week in board etiquette news, we've learned that if you want to talk about someone else, both atting them, and NOT atting them, is a sign of weakness. Cool.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

45 minutes ago, AxB said:

So this week in board etiquette news, we've learned that if you want to talk about someone else, both atting them, and NOT atting them, is a sign of weakness. Cool.

Who’s talking about weakness?? Your words, not mine ?. Like I actually said, I’m happy for the dude if he enjoys what he’s seeing and at the decision-making being taken.

Edited by A_K
  • Like 1

@A_K, being playfully teased by @Gordlow is a fun honor. No need to be defensive. Just zing him back. “You’re so Gordhigh right now” or “that post was boredlow” really the trick is to make a pun with his name. That’s the general bit and you’re guaranteed a great time. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Kris Stadtlander is in a really good place right now. Every second of her match clicked. Let's pull some triggers. FTR were working Will *snug* in the beginning there, definitely not a showcase match and definitely better for it. I'm a high voter on Hager and think he's a pretty nifty obstacle to overcome, as long as he's not having a light shined on his charisma deficiencies or being compared to Cesaro or Dr. Death. Nothing wrong with the Platinum Satnam debut. Good ep.

• Like 8