DVDVR Message Board

MONEY IN THE BANK XIII - 7/2/2022

Dolfan in NYC

That was a pretty entertaining show.

I was not expecting Lashley and Theory to have that much chemistry. Pretty damn good match between a cheating heel and babyface powerhouse 

Usos vs. STREET PROFITS was really fucking good, so many near finishes. I want to see a two out of three falls with them.

Good on Liv. Not sure it's a sustained push for her but she's improved and they need new women on top.

This was a night of strapping a rocket to people. 

They went on and on about how Tez is bulked up. 

Then Theory wins MITB. They need new stars in the worst way so I can't complain on the booking. 

This was a pretty good show. I was glad that Liv won and ultimately cashed in to win the title. Such a good moment.

Bobby vs. Theory was a good match. Glad to see Bobby so damn over tonight with the crowd and he won. Hopefully it's a long run for him as champion.

Profits vs. Uso's might be the WWE Tag match of the year. This feud has to keep going. 

I liked everything about the men's MITB match except the ending. I get they're building Theory to be the new guy, but I just can't stand the old corporate chosen one gimmick. 

• Like 3

I hate the Theory booking of losing early in the night just to come back and win the main event (being added for no reason at that)

Absolutely shocked that Liv won and actually cashed in. Continues the trend of the women winners cashing in ASAP. They mentioned during the match that no woman has failed their cash in yet so I was a little worried about her chances at first. Cool moment after all the times she had come up short previously.  Did not expect Ronda to drop it so relatively soon and right before the bigger event coming up at that. Thought Ronda/Natalya was actually quite good again tonight. I'm a big fan of their Christmas 2018 RAW match, this was different with the face/heel dynamics but thought it had a lot of really good stuff throughout. 

• Like 1

Women's MITB was ok, but nothing super standout though it was good seeing Liv win.

Lashley/Theory was way better than expected with the two having legit solid chemistry. Good match overall though I'm slightly surprised they ended Theory reign that quick even with how the main event went.

Bianca/Carmella was good. The two have always worked well together so it was nice to see them get a PPV match. Still not sure about continuing the feud. Carmella feels too much out out of Bianca's weight class at this point to be more than a one and done. Can only assume Rhea isn't ready yet.

Usos vs. Street Profits was great, probably the best match the Profits have had.

What I caught of Ronda/Nattie seemed solid-good. Was happy to see Liv cash in post match. Hopefully she gets a good reign in. Unless she turns heel I hope this is the end of Ronda's run. I find her interesting as a cocky bitch, but she isn't a remotely decent face.

Men's MITB was mostly good with most everyone getting in their moments and Omos being built to be a legit monster. Only things I didn't; care for was Madcap and the ending. Moss just had nothing momentum wise with the crowd not really giving a shit about him. They could have easily given this spot to Corbin, Miz, or Ezekiel and all would have made it more worthwhile. Theory winnign also kind of sucked and was one the least interesting outcomes. To be fair though anything less than Sami winning would not have been interesting.

Awesome night for Liv Morgan. After back to back wins recently, I figured there was no way that she was winning Money in the Bank too. So, it was a pleasant surprise to see her win the briefcase and the Smackdown title. She has improved so much and has had so many stop/starts that this feels like a really much deserved moment. Other than that, the show was pretty...eh.

I was looking forward to the women's ladder match the most and it felt sloppy. The chemistry was definitely off between all of them and I was literally shook anytime they went for the ladders. It's by the grace of God that Liv and Lacey didn't die off of that power bomb spot.

Nattie/Ronda felt like it didn't really heat up until the middle. Liked the submission reversals finish. And I figured Ronda must have given Nattie carte blanche to call her as many bitches as she wanted.

Bianca/Carmella was what it was but I'm hoping that they are not trying to prolong this. No one believes Bianca is in any kind of danger. 

I'd completely forgotten this was tonight, which was just as well since I could just skip around to the interesting bits.

The women's MITB had some rough moments (that sunset flip off the ladder by Liv was quite scary) but Liv winning was the best outcome.

People have talked about Rousey not being all that good, especially in her return, but the match with Nattie was good stuff. Rhonda's sharpshooter spot while hitting the Shawn Michaels pose was a nice piece of heel work. Liv's cash-in was really well done.

The Usos and Street Profits reminds me of the series the Usos and New Day had where they wrestled eachother in some iteration pretty much every week. The matches are good but it got so worn out I just couldn't keep interest. Be that as it may, this was the best match the pair have had and it was easily the best of the show. Considering the ending I guess we get one more where the Profits finally get the belts and hopefully find a new team to feud with.

Theory is good at what he does but he's way too Sports Entertainment for my liking. Him being inserted into the MITB and winning bugged me but Moss is a midcarder at best, Sami is basically a joke character, Rollins, Seamus, and McIntyre are all stale, and Riddle just came up short against Roman so without any fresh faces there wasn't much else to do here.

• Like 1

I was thinking that Liv cashing in is kinda weird because the male winner wouldn't have the same opportunity, and then realized Roman just wasn't defending either belt. So I looked it up.

WrestleMania was three months ago as of Sunday. Since then, the entirety of Roman's televised matches has been a six man tag at Backlash and a defense against Riddle on SmackDown.  The last two PPVs (is that what they're still called?) has had neither of the top titles defended at all, and without comment. Not counting house shows (which Roman hasn't done for a month now anyway), there's been one defense of the titles at all in the past three months.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jamal said:

Awesome night for Liv Morgan. After back to back wins recently, I figured there was no way that she was winning Money in the Bank too. So, it was a pleasant surprise to see her win the briefcase and the Smackdown title. She has improved so much and has had so many stop/starts that this feels like a really much deserved moment. Other than that, the show was pretty...eh.

I was looking forward to the women's ladder match the most and it felt sloppy. The chemistry was definitely off between all of them and I was literally shook anytime they went for the ladders. It's by the grace of God that Liv and Lacey didn't die off of that power bomb spot.

Just saw the Liv/Lacey spot Liv damn near overshot the sunset flip part of the move but Lacey holding on to the ladder saved Liv from taking a hell of a Nestea Plunge. Shotzi pulling a raven tribute spot with her head only hitting the ladder like raven did with the table in the infamous ECW 2/3 falls match. You knew Shotzi was going to do something crazy in the match. 

• Like 1

Watching Nattie/Rhoda again this morning and the aftermath, Rhonda should have choked Liv out to cement her as a mega heel. She just had an interview where she said she was supposed to come back as a heel but Vince changed plans when she got cheered at the Rumble. SMH.

Yikes only 2 pages? The Forbidden Door thread has 27 pages. Quite the contrast.

The Liv cash in was really well done. I thought for sure they were going to have Rousey squash her, and so did the crowd. They were booing the shit out of that Ankle Lock. Really a great moment and a great pop. Vince made a mistake forcing Rousey as a babyface this run. The crowd has been wanting to boo her for awhile now.

As much as I liked the Liv cash in, realizing it was only done so the fans got a make good moment for what they were about to do with the main event brings it down a few notches. I don't have a problem with Theory winning in theory. Just on a show that really didn't feel like a PPV worthy show to to begin with ending with a heel who lost already getting the chosen one push it really stands out as a poor choice.

Usos vs Street Profits was good stuff as usual. I think The Usos are incapable of having a bad match.

I can see why this show couldn't fill a stadium. Yikes.

I enjoyed every match except I skipped Lashley and Theory.

The Men's MiTB match was nice to have 50% Hosses, and Muscled up guys and the other half Average built guys. It was Omos best showing in the match too. He looked great dominating guys in the beginning and it didn't look like he was being carried every step of the way, so hopefully things are starting to click for him.

Natty and Ronda was decent too. I see started to skip it but glad I didn't . Happy for Liv

Usos vs Street Profits was good too.

I'll give the company credit for trying to build new stars, but Liv Morgan and Austin Theory don't seem like the right people to build with.  To me, at least.  I've got minimal interest in them so I doubt I'll be watching the shows any more than I do now.

Adding Theory for no reason seems bizarre when they could have just booked him to go over Friday and take Owens slot.  Moss really had no reason to be in that match.

I was sort of rooting for Seth to win then cash in when next year when Cody comes back to set up Rollins-Rhodes IV.

Theory is like a watered down version of Sammy Guvera to me. Austin Theory in Evolve as a 19 yr old phenom was fun, this version not so much.

Liv Morgan winning was a huge feel good moment and was well deserved. Just lets hope she isn't jobbing to Ronda at Summer Slam.  

Uso's and Street Profits had a great match with a not so great ending. Could this be setting up for a falls count anywhere tag title match?

Vince, Pat, Steph, and HHH couldn't have left fast enough to make it to UFC in time right down the street. 

I guess I'll be the one to say it - I hated the Liv cash-in. MITB is played out anyway, but that is two straight years the "face" winner of the suitcase almost immediately cashed in to do the totally non-face act of attacking someone right after having a match and winning in  a minute. It is the same as last year, everyone was like "NIKKI DESERVES THIS" and then she promptly lost the title and faded into the abyss. I much prefer long-term stories leading to that big moment such as Becky when she first became The Man, or Bianca Belair's rise. 

Its not Liv's fault of course and I like her, its just a tainted mechanism that WWE uses to give wrestlers the title that is lazy and ultimately meaningless. I'd be shocked if Liv still holds the title by September, the whole setup and result just does nothing for me as a wrestling fan.

• Like 2