DVDVR Message Board

June 2022 Wrestling Discussion

14 hours ago, onelegbrynn said:

I have no idea what “breach of fiduciary duties” means but sounds like things are getting worse for WWE: 

https://www.postwrestling.com/2022/06/16/scottscott-attorneys-at-law-investigating-wwes-directors-and-officers-for-breach-of-fiduciary-duties/

I mentioned this in another thread. These types of lawsuits are a dime a dozen. This actually isn't even a lawsuit. This is a law firm hoping to get people to eventually pay them to go after the WWE. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

I believe there's racism and specifically colorism involved with that, but that's another topic.

I kinda figured that's what you were getting at but I didn't want to say.  It's not a bad point, but I think you're targeting the wrong people.

Does Sasha get more attention because she fits the more acceptable mold of African American beauty in white society -- lighter skinned, thin, straightened hair?  Much like how mainstream America likes their black music performed by white people (hi there, Ed Sheeran, Adele, etc), do we like our black women to look as white as possible?  Good chance that's correct, but I don't think this board trends that way.  I honestly think this board is talking more about Sasha because she's more talented and a bigger star.  Now has WWE pushed Sahsa more, and given her more opportunities, because of these standards mentioned here?  Most likely.  But then your problem is with WWE's old, white, most likely racist leadership and not with anyone here.

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

I'm going to be as polite as I possibly can here.

Every time Burgundy posts about her experiences, she gets dogpiled. Literally every time. It's a pattern and it's gotta stop.

15 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Except the people that crawl up Burgundy's ass every time she posts something on here. 

Go away. 

I was trying to be sympathetic and explain something and took a lot of time trying to do so in a respectful manner, but I guess that's not as cool as Curt McGuirt with a two line bullshit response telling me to go away.  What the fuck, man?

• Like 3

My joke was intended to be light and help us move along rather than any sort of piling on. Though not personal, after arguing with a fan over his opinion that transgender Nyla Rose wrestling women would cause a slew of injuries; I can understand LaRue’s dislike of wrestling fans.

23 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Because it comes off as phony and like you're sliding your opinion in below. Get the fuck outta here with that shit. And you don't deserve a longer response. 

What are you going on about?  It seriously sounds like you're projecting some motivations on me that are honestly not there.  What I wrote in response to Burgundy's "per usual" comment was pretty measured and respectful, unlike this dismissive bullshit you're writing. I guess some people have dog piled her but I personally never have.  But if the lesson is "never disagree with Burgundy because some people in the past were shitty to her and that's what we'll assume of you if you do," then message received loud and clear.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Octopus said:

So…who here… likes….wrestling?

That made me think of the opening to We Watch Wrestling. "Hey...do you watch wrestling?"

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Octopus said:

FUCK YOU WHO ARE YOU TO QUESTION MY LOVE OF WRESTLING YOU PEOPLE ALWAYS DO THIS SHIT

...haha, no, just kidding with you, I like wrestling. 

I'm watching Nitro right now. 1995-1996 Giant is amazing and should have made some company a billion dollars on his own. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Craig H said:

That made me think of the opening to We Watch Wrestling. "Hey...do you watch wrestling?"

Loool!  The other day my wife said “hey…” really quietly and all I could think about was “…do you watch wrestling?”

WEEEEEE WAAATCHH WREEEESTLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Octopus said:

Lol, I actually do not.  I have practically stopped watching wrestling entirely.  When I do put WWE or AEW on, it's background noise and I get bored and check out fairly easily (case in point: I turned off AEW this week after Orange Cassidy showed up).  I haven't watched a full episode of Raw or Dynamite in at least nine months.

At this point, my only wrestling involvement is posting here and sporadically watching Meltzer's Youtube channel.  I'm more fascinated by the business side of wrestling at the moment.  I find WWE's corporate model fascinating.  Vince has taken the company public and made it incredibly profitable, but still runs a lot of it like it's a small-time mom-and-pop operation.

Been posting here a lot this week out of Covid-induced boredom, but now I'm regretting that,  I've been taking potshots at Vince too, but the truth is, I have some sympathy for him.  It's a mess of his own making, but it may force him into retirement.  Vince has never seemed like someone who wanted to retire,  stay home with Linda & the grandkids, etc.  I imagine it will be hard for him if he's forced out. 

I definitely think there's a hivemind mentality here, fwiw.  I don't find the group to be particularly welcoming to new members.

Anyway, logging out now.  May come back tomorrow.  May stay gone.  If I don't log back in, take care.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Octopus said:

I don't think anyone loves it with such a child-like purity and reckless abandon as Dean Rasmussen does. It's why I've had a deep fondness for the man these past 23 years...

• Like 8
  • Haha 1