DVDVR Message Board

6/1/2022- AEW DYNAMITE!

DEAN

3 minutes ago, Casey said:

Still don’t like him, still wish ya boys would take him.

I don't want him in Noah.

But yeah, I don't worship at Tony's altar then I'm a WWE mark.  Tony Stan's are in-fucking-sufferable.

Edited by Raziel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Agreed a million percent about Hayter and Storm being just miles ahead of everyone (with maybe the exception of Serena). I watch the show with my better half and there were several times in that one where she asked if they disliked each other in real life because the strikes and the selling and just the snap of everything they did was so top notch

Edit: I was so glad to see Miro! Naturals post reminded me. I was beginning to worry he had a money dispute, or they were gonna shift him to ROH or something if/when that gets rolling

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Jiji said:

I enjoy that there are at least two very viable, credible, and long-term planned out people to beat Punk (after he and Danielson sell out Wrigley or something equally cool). MJF and Kingston make a lot of sense.

That was the deal with Page’s reign. It was Bob Backlund all over again. I believe that Khan knew when he was losing before he won. 

• Like 2

That women's tag match was aces. 

What I really like about is that Britt and Ruby are a great pairing. Neither of them are natural athletes. But they are both so fantastic at character work that they make work that isn't the most crisp in execution completely shine. Like that clip of Britt's neckbreaker to Ruby on the floor -- it's a bit awkward physically, but Britt's smug wave to the camera afterwards makes it glorious.

Ruby is fantastic at selling, too. I heard her on a podcast talking about how she was into acting growing up (and never played any organized sports) and it really shows in that she just has a really great sense of being present in her work. She knows how to react to the physical damage she has to sell in a way that really shows exasperation and frustration and the struggle of competition. 

Toni Storm and Jamie Hayter aren't anywhere near Britt and Ruby in that department. That's not a criticism because not many people are. But they're both really good at the physical part of pro wrestling and making things look like they hurt and it's real. Jamie Hayter needs a run at Thunder Rosa or something because she should break out from being a henchwoman. 

Good chaotic sprint of a tag match that played to everyone's strengths.

• Like 5

Just now, Belgian_Waffle said:

Hayter stomping Ruby outside the ring looked convincing enough that I feel like Hayter has probably stomped women IRL too. Count me in for her, Toni, Deeb, Athena and Stat on top by this time next year. 

I said in the other thread earlier that I bet Stat is the one who beats Jade finally, but if it does end up being Athena, I wonder if Stat ends up challenging Rosa or if she just stays peripherally in the TBS title picture.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Matt D said:

That was the deal with Page’s reign. It was Bob Backlund all over again. I believe that Khan knew when he was losing before he won. 

I would not have gotten this reference had I not read Billy Graham's book, well done. It wouldn't surprise me either if that's true. I saw someone on Twitter say the other day that they wondered if the next few champions were planned out in the way that the first were, which TK said he had booked from the beginning. I could see booking that way being a good guide - you can sort of plan where the title changes are and work backwards from there, and nothing says you have to adhere to it if someone suddenly gets too hot to not put it on

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Casey said:

MJF is anything but a working class hero. He’s been presented for three years as a young rich little brat. That’s his gimmick across like, every promotion he’s worked for. He has Burberry everything for fucks sake. It’s like Dusty being a hero for the working class but he’s got this super expensive fur coat.

Dusty was a working class kid made good...MJF is just a rich asshole with a trust fund