DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JUNE 2022

RIPPA

15 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Wyatt as sadistic cult leader forcing nice goofy cult guys to do horrible stuff even though they don't want to might be the only interesting path to take the Dark Order.

This sounds like an episode of Scooby-Doo

Edited by Wyld Samurai
  • Haha 3

Alan Angels is indeed done with AEW (for now). Also, he's only 24 years old. I thought he was much older, the baldness threw me off.

He had that great Nightmare Factory tapings match with Kenny Omega when he was only 22!

• Like 2

Apparently he told Fightful that he felt like he was perceived as the bottom man in the group. I mean Max Caster and I thought that was more or less literally his gimmick, but seriously this probably was the best move for him - hopefully we'll see a new side to him on the Indys #boomtish.

People keep commenting on Chuck and worrying about him, but the dude has been hurt and still kept showing up for tapings each week to help out with this or that. He's still been on the blogs and what not. Rocky being around for NJPW stuff just gave Chuck even more time off if anything and it allowed Trent to keep wrestling in tags for the last few weeks. Chuck is fine. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, JLowe said:

Honestly, having Claudio debut was probably the final nail for Alan Angels, since he looks like someone hit Claudio with a shrink ray.

I read yesterday that Angels turned down a contract offer.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DEAN said:

I read yesterday that Angels turned down a contract offer.

I just saw that, he felt like he was the bottom rung guy (which he kind of was).

15 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Awww. I hate Scooby Doo. ? But, I can imagine them running around doing it animated like the WWE Scooby Doos. I presume Wyatt never showed up in those. 

Hating Scooby-Doo?!?!

Now Scrappy-Doo, yeah!

6 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

It was always the most boring cartoon next to The Flintstones. If you're gonna be repetitive at least give me somebody falling off a cliff or getting hit with a giant hammer. 

Not only that, but they recycled so many scripts from that onto their various other short-lived 70s properties.

It's been a long, long time coming, but glad to see TK finally make a move at the commentator's table. Ol' JR's been long overdue for a demotion, and the Tazmaniac's been long overdue a promotion to the A show. It's just so nice to hear commentators cover botches (great example last night with Taz covering Austin Gunn's partial hip toss flub) as opposed to burying said wrestler for the misfire, or sometimes not even a misfire (the current Ross style). It's also such a relief to hear a guy like Taz providing worthwhile info as opposed to JR's wacked out theories. Perhaps with Rampage taped most weeks some of JR's grumbling can even be removed. Perhaps that's the idea. 

p.s. I've heard just about enough of this Hanna Barbera burial! Those 'toons are a goddamn treasure.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, AxB said:

Alan Angels is indeed done with AEW (for now). Also, he's only 24 years old. I thought he was much older, the baldness threw me off.

Word.  Every time he hit the ring and took off his hat, he went from 24 to 44.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Oh shit he's gonna call it the Rumble isn't he. 

Meltzer seems to think so. It sounds like JR will be doing the second hour of Dynamite and all of Rampage replacing either Starks or Taz. 

13 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Well it's called The Rampage Rumble but yeah, I need to check Draft Kings for the over/under on how many times he'll say ROYAL Rumble.

Their last tweet/picture promoting it is still calling the match Royal Rampage. So Rumble will be the flub. 

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Their last tweet/picture promoting it is still calling the match Royal Rampage. So Rumble will be the flub. 

Hide contents

HAAAAA!  Jesus,  got it wrong myself, and I'm younger and more with it than JR (I hope!).  He's screwed.

Or he may do something like he did in the Takeshita match where he'll stay far away from trying to say the name of the match.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

It was always the most boring cartoon next to The Flintstones. If you're gonna be repetitive at least give me somebody falling off a cliff or getting hit with a giant hammer. 

I wanted an episode where one of the bad guys got out of jail and were looking to get revenge on those meddling kids

23 minutes ago, Craig H said:

BTW, I never in my wildest dreams would have imagined that Ex and Taz would be the best commentary team in wrestling, but here we are.

To each their own, and definitely an improvement to Dynamite, but the few that watch Impact now and again would certainly argue with good reason that Tom Hannifan and Matthew Rehwoldt are the 'best' commentary team in wrestling.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1