DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JUNE 2022

RIPPA

Wait, Skye Blue is injured too? Oh come on. On some level, I hope this is Khan caring about his wrestlers and giving them time off when at other points in history, that wouldn't be the case and they'd work through whatever smaller injuries they have. As opposed to a slew of really serious stuff.

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

Wardlow v Powerhouse Hobbs for the TNT title would be a goddamn fun time.

(I'm treating it as a certainty Wardlow gets the TNT title sooner than later)

Give Wardlow the title and a long enough reign so he's a serious contender to the World title, then book that for a PPV.  This shit writes itself and is not difficult.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Wait, Skye Blue is injured too? Oh come on. On some level, I hope this is Khan caring about his wrestlers and giving them time off when at other points in history, that wouldn't be the case and they'd work through whatever smaller injuries they have. As opposed to a slew of really serious stuff.

Skye Blue has been wrestling a lot against some of the larger women, so maybe it was accumulating. I might also take note of who her last match was against...

3 minutes ago, JLowe said:

Skye Blue has been wrestling a lot against some of the larger women, so maybe it was accumulating. I might also take note of who her last match was against...

LOOOOL

Remember for the SATs: Just Drew is to the Young Bucks as JLowe is to Marina Shafir  ?

Edited by Technico Support
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

I believe KOR's injury is worked to give him some time off until Fish is ready to come back in about a month.

TK said it was legit on this week's Unrestricted podcast ☹️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, christopher.annino said:

He's been fighting some stiff matches and having to catch Darby in two different bouts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, christopher.annino said:

He did another interview where he was more tongue in cheek about it. I believe he said it has to do with KOR's balls after Sting hit him. So it's either worked or he's covering up for something more serious. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Skye does alot of indy work in between for what it's worth

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

LOOOOL

Remember for the SATs: Just Drew is to the Young Bucks as JLowe is to Marina Shafir  ?

I'm going to stop being such a dick about things, including Shafir. Life's too short and the world is already fucked enough.

Edited by JLowe
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

screen-shot-2022-06-24-at-111005-pm.webp

Soon. Please keep all of Blood &Guts inside the cage unlike last time. Very rarely do I like it when the action leaves the cage. The line exceptions are Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker at In Your House 18: Badd Blood 1997 (*****) and The Undertaker vs. Mankind, King of the Ring 1998.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, The Natural said:

Meltzer:

• Add Jungle Boy to the lengthy injury list for AEW.

Damn.

Work?  I mean, they just did a vicious beat down with JB.  I figured they were going to keep him off tv for awhile regardless.  

Khan says O’Reilly”s injury is legit, but he also implied it was the result of a bat shot to the groin, so I am thinking it’s a work too.  

On 6/24/2022 at 1:01 PM, JLowe said:

I'm going to stop being such a dick about things, including Shafir. Life's too short and the world is already fucked enough.

Keep me accountable. I’m gonna try that too.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, just drew said:

Keep me accountable. I’m gonna try that too.

The key is to focus on what you like. Focusing on the negative just isn't good for anybody's peace of mind. Find your inner DEAN and let loose!

• Like 7

12 hours ago, hammerva said:

Well these last 2 weeks have sucked for AEW.  But brighter times are ahead of us because according to Fightful Orange Cassidy is getting his old music back ?

Just hope Jane doesn't get hurt too

According to Fightful Select, AEW has secured the licensing for Cassidy to use Jefferson Starship’s 1979 track “Jane,” which Cassidy previously used on the independent scene.

I never expected the willing of Orange Cassidy getting something more like 'Jane' for his theme would come true. At least not so quickly. Thank you AEW!

• Like 1

On 6/19/2022 at 4:51 PM, HarryArchieGus said:

There's also that weird thing of hearing one of my all time favorite songs ('Where is My Mind') played weekly and kinda wishing it wasn't playing weekly. I don't want to complain because it's a great song, but Orange needed/needs a less on the nose 'cool' song and something more of 'guilty pleasure' or something ironically cool like his character and his previous Indie scene entrance theme 'Jane' by Jefferson Starship. 

Isn't it kind of ironic that less than a week ago that was the topic of discussion here... and here we are?

Seems to happen pretty often around these parts. Almost like someone is lurking.

Edited by Krone Meltzer
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Krone Meltzer said:

Isn't it kind of ironic that less than a week ago that was the topic of discussion here... and here we are?

Seems to happen pretty often around these parts. Almost like someone is lurking.

Apparently he was trying to get it for years…

On 6/25/2022 at 1:39 PM, The Natural said:

Meltzer:

• Add Jungle Boy to the lengthy injury list for AEW.

Damn.

I mean, he took a Con-chair-to from Christian.

Also; Now that MJF is out we need Shawn Spears looking for a new boss to order him around, leading to a team up with Christian. The two of them smashing people with chairs until JB is healthy, leading to a Lights Out tag match between JE and Christian/Spears... yeah, that's the shit...

• Like 4