DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 5/20/2022

Man, what a sweet episode once again! I get to see Matthews in action, Big Damo comes in, Statlander advances, Toni Storm makes serious threats to Britt's dentures, Bowen's injury explained, FTR vs Roppongi Vice coming up, big brawl with BCC and JAS to end it! Good times. Was Sting written off for a bit? It sure seemed like it last week. Hey, it's good thing that Lambert put the extra TNT-title into a trophy case, so Scorpio can just tell him to fetch that, right? Where is this going, other than a tag match at the very least?

Anna Jay getting to challenge Jade again was a bit out of the left field there, but considering how the last match went, maybe she deserves another crack at it?

I mean, c'mon! We're getting FTR vs Roppongi Vice now? Considering how hot Bucks vs FTR and Bucks vs Roppongi was, this should F'n rule, too! I mean sure, it's not something you only get to see once in a lifetime if you're lucky, like Brock vs Roman (well, more, if you're not so lucky), but that is still like such a nice gift to the fans! There's just no way you can't at least say that you get some FRESH matches every week!

...Oh, and Hookhausen and Nesterling (?!?) getting ready for their match was pretty grueling, too! I said it's gonna end badly for someone! We'll see which one?

Edited by Shartnado
Training Montage!!!!
  • Like 3

Everything about that segment was incredible, from "papa" to Caster still being v sexual with "daddy" to Billy elbowing Da God Austin outta the way for his new favourite son, to Austin not being offended and still having the puppy dog reaction. Pure perfection. Who would've thunk Billy and his kids would be among the best things on a usually great wrestling program in 2022? Not me but here we are.

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 5

55 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Everything about that segment was incredible, from "papa" to Caster still being v sexual with "daddy" to Billy elbowing Da God Austin outta the way for his new favourite son, to Austin not being offended and still having the puppy dog reaction. Pure perfection. Who would've thunk Billy and his kids would be among the best things on a usually great wrestling program in 2022? Not me but here we are.

Billy Gunn and his sons (real and adopted) is the most fun we've had with a vet and rookies this side of Nash's PCS with the X Division

• Like 5

On 5/21/2022 at 11:34 AM, Jiji said:

Scorpio stuff feels like it's from another promotion or something and not in the good way.

Yep, very Attitude era-esque with the babyface destroying the heel's belt.  It's stupid because this promotion is at least somewhat booked more like it's actually a sport.  But if this were a real sport, that's the promotion's belt and they wouldn't take too kindly to jizzing on it and smashing it with a sledgehammer IRL.

We also had that dumb skit where Sammy and Tay destroyed Lambert's SUV with sledgehammers and that, too, felt about 25 years past its sell by date.

On 5/21/2022 at 3:50 PM, Zimbra said:

They did a video package with her talking about how Leyla turning on her had made her get darker on Dynamite during the feud, so there was some explanation.

A few weeks before that, they also had a blink-and-you-miss-it vignette with her wiping off the alien makeup and removing her contact.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Yep, very Attitude era-esque with the babyface destroying the heel's belt.  It's stupid because this promotion is at least somewhat booked more like it's actually a sport.  But if this were a real sport, that's the promotion's belt and they wouldn't take too kindly to jizzing on it and smashing it with a sledgehammer IRL.

We also had that dumb skit where Sammy and Tay destroyed Lambert's SUV with sledgehammers and that, too, felt about 25 years past its sell by date.

I feel like we need Miro (could stop there but I'll keep going) to dominate the world again and let us forget this awful... stain on the title's history. That or Andrade or Takeshita. Just let it be the workhorse belt. This shit is terrible.

• Like 2