DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 5/20/2022

I can't wait for that Velvet/Statlander vs. Danhausen/Hook match they have in the middle there.   Gonna be a shame when Kris makes Hook tap out. ? 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Tony Khan must like seeing Fuego flattened by the House of Black. Said before I hope he gets bonus checks.

On Wednesday, I was literally thinking "Huh, guess they finally gave up on trying to make Fuego happen" and boom, there he is on TV making a challenge. I really need to drink more and think less while watching.

That said, other than that match looks like a fine hour of wrestling. Wonder if Spears wrestles that Morrissey dude.

Edited by JLowe
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, JLowe said:

On Wednesday, I was literally thinking "Huh, guess they finally gave up on trying to make Fuego happen" and boom, there he is on TV making a challenge. I really need to drink more and think less while watching.

That said, other than that match looks like a fine hour of wrestling. Wonder if Spears wrestles that Morrissey dude.

Oh no.  According to cagematch it's

Spoiler

Big Damo!

Oh man, just watched Konosuke Cinnabon Takeshita take on Adam Brooks in DPW and then THIS comes on!  A big night of wrestling!  Dark Order to be beaten to death by House of Black!  They cut out the HoB entrance- a price we pay for wall to wall wrestling.  Hey, The Dark Order are getting some stuff in.  THEN they tag in Fuego del Sol and Buddy Matthews is AWESOME   using Penta's arm breaker.  Brodie King is so menacing.  Fuego is a great being the most in peril face in the history of wrestling. He SURVIVES!  The Dark Order are actually allowed to make a match of this.  This is the best Evil Uno ever looked.  That match was fucking beautiful.  Oh man. the AssClaimed section is solid gold.  "Yeah, PaPA, what are we going to do?"  Why would they have a intro for Shawn Spears?  WALL TO WALL WRESTLING, JERKS!  It's Big Damo!  Awesome flying BODY ATTACK by DAMO!  And Spears wins for some reason.  MORE BIG DAMO!  Whatever keeps him out of CYN.  Why is Shawn Spears talking on Rampage?  WALL TO WALL WRESTLING!  YESS! THE BADDIES COMBAT CLUB!  Red Velvet is so much better as a member of the BCC.  Red Velvet has to win.  The WHOLE thing.  Let's get these gals over.  C'mon!  Cheat to win.  Red Velvet does the Ric Flair beg off from Stat during the picture in picture.  Red Velvet is now AWESOME.  YES! Break her leg, Keira! BCC! BCC!  Stupid Kris Statlander and who stupid wrestling ability.  Nice German Suplex.  Kris kicks out of the Final Slice!  Velvet kicks out of a SWEET Blue Thunder Bomb!  This match is fucking great.  Stat wins but the BCC whips everybody's asses!  YESSSSS!  KICKEM!  KICKEM LIKE A DOG!  Ruby Soho means JAde Cargill has to settle things.  So fucking great!  Anna Jay comes out with a FOREIGN OBJECT when it's THREE ON THREE!  BOOO!  BADDIE COMBAT CLUB FOREVER!  That was the best match I've seen either of these gals in.  It's amazing what a little heat will do for a match.  The Men of the Year and Sammy is awesome in its WEIRDNESS.  Toni Storm vs Britt is going to be good.  AAND the BLACKPOOL COMBAT CLUB will now beat the life out of Dante Martin and Matt Sydel!  Matt Sydel is hilarious being a total hippy in the face of total hippy Bryan Danielson.  God, what an assbeating.  Matt Sydel looks good until the GREATEST THING IN THE HISTORY OF PRO WRESTLING takes over.  God, Sydel gets beaten to death in picture in picture.  Dante gets in a flurry and the do a great submission section by Danielson/  This match becomes fucking GREAT as Dante Martin  shows the FIGHTING SPIRIT.  What a great fucking match!  AMAZINGLY overdelivered tonight.  AEW RULES THE FUCKING WORLD.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I was pulling for Red Velvet, fun match. Picking Ruby to win it all. Really liked Toni Storm's little promo on Britt here. 

Was expecting a joke for Spears, then we get Big Damo, but then he still gets absolutely squashed in under 2 minutes. Wild.

Billy Gunn rules. Enjoyed the main event / post match. Double or Nothing suddenly started feeling more stacked when they're throwing matches on left and right. Jade/Anna, Death Triangle/HoB, etc. 

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 2

Really sad seeing the state of the TNT Championship picture. For a time, it was a secondary championship that meant something when held by Cody, the late, great Mr. Brodie Lee, Darby Allin and Miro. Sammy Guevara was never the guy to end Miro's run, that was Eddie Kingston.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

So part of me wants to kvetch about how this Scorpio/Sammy storyline is STILL GOING and how they somehow made Tay Conti unlikable in the process and how AEW had the easy out by turning Scorp face and turning on Ethan last week and just doing Ethan/Paige vs. Sammy/Tay so we could finally end this program (take a breath, Rob.....) buuut..... at least there was other stuff on the show that was cool

If we learned anything from his program with Miro, Faygo takes a solid beating and House of Black really need someone like that especially since they kind have been not doing much while Fenix was out. Looking forward to both groups (hopefully) moving onto something else after DoN. Kind of feel like the World title scene is set for a while if it's going where I think it is so hoping maybe Kings of the Black throne go after the tag belts and just Murph but on some bangers on Rampage once in a while.

Starting to dig Kris Swole-lander, her being more of a power worker in that division does help her stand out. 

The only satisfying way the buy in  match will go is Hook using Danhausen as a blunt instrument to beat to death Nese and Sterling with.

Everyone, now including the Gunn Club, loves The Acclaimed

Edited by Nineteen
(Acclaimed)
  • Like 4

I really liked this show. The only thing that bothered me, and I will concede that this is a matter of personal taste, is having to miss out on HOB's entrance just so there would be time for the Jacksons and the Alleged Elite to remind us how much more important they are than anything else happening on the show. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

Statlander going all in (heh) on power/hoss mode RULES. 

Main event was killer, easily the best Sydal match in recent times, and the other 3 obviously brought it. 

and not a moment too soon.

wrestling's best when there's a variety of styles up and down the card, and every wrestler should come up with a little something only they can do or they can do better than anyone else.  Any time Statlander wants to evoke the Davey Boy Smith/Scott Steiner tradition of "I'm going to pick you up and show off how long I can hold you there" is the right time.  Especially as a counterweight to how much AEW can skew towards the flippy.

• Like 8

That sledgehammer/TNT title segment was hilariously awkward. They could only smash the logo off. Unfortunately, Mr. Perfect destroying the belt this was not. I guess whoever made that belt did a good job because it's incredibly durable. Kazarian couldn't damage it at all so he thought stomping on it would work better.

I imagine trying to smash it on a flash concrete surface made it harder to smash apart.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I like the chemistry between Uno and Ten, with Ten being the new Two Stu Dos. The opening trios was a great start to the show.

On a Dark Order note, that really just leaves Five as the odd man out now right? I mean Colt too but he hasn't been seen in Cult Cabana as of late.

• Like 3