DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 5/18/2022

The Natural

MJF saw Adam Cole's spray tan hands from a couple months ago and decided to up the ante by taking off his shirt, so that the difference between his hands and the rest of his body is emphasized

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, Sammo~! said:

We're really going to get Cole vs O'Reilly at Double or Nothing aren't we?

Joe wins the Owen, Punk over Hangman, you run Joe/Punk IV once you've got TV locked in place for the RoH reboot. It books itself.

• Like 11

When Johnny's graphic showed up I cringed a bit because at first I thought it was going to be Gargano after all. I like Morrison fine and he's got decent name value and is a great worker while not being someone that would be in super high demand for AEW, so he's a good choice to bring in for a one-off against Joe. Maki was much the same in the last match in that she apparently has name value and the fans liked her, but she's not a regular and likely not coming over full time so she's someone good to have Britt go over.

Can we pencil in Hardys/Bucks for the PPV as well? It has happen at some point and this looks to be as good a spot as any.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Speedball!

<insert “He’s right, you know” gif>

Takeshita is a fucking superstar, I don’t care how fluent or not he is in English I want to see him wrestling In AEW all the time. Also, Jim Ross needs to be informed that “Orient” is racist unless you are referring to a specific style of rug.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I love Deeb, but if they're gonna insist that she talks for herself (and she's not terrible, just awkward), they need to lock her in a room and jack open her eyes Clockwork Orange-style and force her to watch 12 hours of Sherri Martel promos

• Like 8

I reckon a certain section of the board will hate the Fenix/KOR match and that's okay but I enjoyed it. Not as much as Hangmin/Soup but still two great matches on one episode.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

I know we like the tiny pants on Jamie Hayter, a lot of people are talking about, you see it more and more these days. But the ones on Britt tonight, well Restrainingorderbynumbers is going to have some strong opinions somewhere I'm sure.

Settle down, Hollywood Monsoonetico.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

I have no idea who the men’s joker was other than fucking awful. Reading here, I guess that wasn’t Johnny Gargano (who I don’t know, remember I’ve only tuned back in the last 8 months after 8 or more years) but John Morrison so makes sense he sucked. Dude was literally directing Joe on camera. I guess WWE isn’t the only promotion exposing the business this week.

On the other hand, @The Naturalneeds to go ahead and update that Best of AEW match list because Takeshita-Page was a banger that made them both look like a million bucks. I want to see Takeshita vs. Punk, Danielson, Mox, Andrade, Dante, any one.

Swerve and Lee (aka StrickLee Business, aka stop trying to make fetch happen JLowe) are great. Workhorsemen are excellent JTTS. I humbly request a Lee-Drake match btw. 

Cant recall who called Fenix-KOR as the match they expected nothing from that ended up being great, but damn that was great. I submit that KOR is being held back in the faction and tag team. Stiff, stiff match, had me guessing who was going over, made each other look like champs, excellent selling.

No Jericho singalong (and no Cole singalong) is how it should be done. Makes a happy JLowe. Good heat building segment, having the dissension angle makes it so it’s not an obvious mismatch. And kudos to whoever stole Hager’s luggage and gave him one of the Young Bucks outfits.

Never seen Maki Itoh before. That was...something...Match was fine.

Serena “The Cooler” Deeb is out to confuse the audience and flub lines. I feel bad because it could have been impactful, and I know she’s incredibly talented in the ring.

Main event was there and a foregone conclusion. Post-match was there. Adam Cole is going to win and I’m going to hate it.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

Joe wins the Owen, Punk over Hangman, you run Joe/Punk IV once you've got TV locked in place for the RoH reboot. It books itself.

Also Joe-Cole in the finals frees up Kyle to let you do Bucks & ReDRagon vs. Hardys, Darby & Sting at the ppv, which is what that final segment suggested to me. I'm not certain that's what they'll do, but clearly it's an option.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, DEAN said:

O'Riley switching arms on the cross armbreaker is next level shit.

I'm never happier than when Tony Schiavone is marking out.

• Like 4