DVDVR Message Board

MORE! WHO ELSE IS HAVING THE BEST YEAR IN THE RING?

DEAN

WHO IS HAVING THE BEST YEAR IN THE RING?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. WHO IS HAVING THE BEST YEAR SO FAR IN THE RING?

• Josh Alexander
    • Saya Kamitani
    • Yuma Aoyagi
    • Tomohiro Ishii
    • Speedball Mike Bailey
    • Hangman Adam Page

This was a tough one.  I watched all the Yuma Aoyagi and was really leaning towards him, but then I rewatched all the Saya Kamitani and had to pull the trigger on her.  It was really close.

• DEAN pinned this topic

I can't believe I'm voting Speedball but I've enjoyed everything I've seen from him this year. Maybe it's because I have low expectations and I usually vote low on his sort of working-for-the-pop indie shtick but it feels so honest when he does it. It's wholesome in a way that even Ricochet isn't.

• Like 1

I've been loving Yuma Aoyagi a lot. He had an amazing Champion Carnival, & whether he's tagging with his brother Atsuki, with Kento Miyahara or in a multiman with some combo of the NEXTREAM boys I will be watching. Carnival Final & his recent title challenge from Sapporo (not seen it yet) will understandably garner the attention but I loved the short match he had with Takuya Nomura, & the 3/1 AJPW Tag Team Title match with Kento against Runaway SUPLEX was great.

Poor Tall Saya for coming up against a guy having the half-year of his life!

• Like 1

Please note that not only does Adam Page have the Adam Cole matches in the time period,  he also had the match where he beat Bryan Danielson.  

• Like 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
41 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Please note that not only does Adam Page have the Adam Cole matches in the time period,  he also had the match where he beat Bryan Danielson.  

Well since you gave me no Ibuki Hoshi to be the singular vote for, I'll be the singular vote (as of this posting) for Hangman.

I'd also like to add that Yuma's Carny -> Big Tag -> TC match wasn't even the best week anyone had this year (although all three ruled), that I absolutely take Ishii for granted, and that I don't know which match the Saya Kamitani campaign is based around. The Natsupoi one or the Tam Nakano one?

• Like 1

I voted for the Stone Pitbull; it was tough call between him and Hangman for me.

I'm really curious to hear from the people who voted for Saya.  I haven't watched a ton of Stardom, but she strikes me as someone who's a good wrestler and kind of mechanical when it comes to her character.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stefanie the Human said:

Well since you gave me no Ibuki Hoshi to be the singular vote for, I'll be the singular vote (as of this posting) for Hangman.

I looked under every nook and cranny of the internet this side of RuTube and could not find anything with Ibuki Hoshi.  I'm gonna have to scour the Ice Ribbon digests to add her next week.

19 minutes ago, GojiColin said:

I voted for the Stone Pitbull; it was tough call between him and Hangman for me.

I'm really curious to hear from the people who voted for Saya.  I haven't watched a ton of Stardom, but she strikes me as someone who's a good wrestler and kind of mechanical when it comes to her character.  

Check out the three matches in the POLL PREP thread.  They won me over.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DEAN said:

I looked under every nook and cranny of the internet this side of RuTube and could not find anything with Ibuki Hoshi.  I'm gonna have to scour the Ice Ribbon digests to add her next week.

You're far too kind, lol, I'm just giving you a hard time. But since you mentioned it... here's the digest from the show with the Ibuki Hoshi/Rina Amikura match that I loved so much. 50 seconds of an eight minute battle!

Edited by Stefanie the Human

We also need to find a way to get the Ibuki vs Tsukushi match from Winter Story to you, @DEAN, if only because the strikes were... well... this tweet will do it small justice.

1 minute ago, Stefanie the Human said:

We also need to find a way to get the Ibuki vs Tsukushi match from Winter Story to you, @DEAN, if only because the strikes were... well... this tweet will do it small justice.

GEEZ!

i'm voting for Hangman, because he's the only participant i've seen multiple matches of this year. and, to spite @DEAN, i am not doing any homework on wrestlers i'm not familiar with. not even when he does all the work for me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DEAN said:

Check out the three matches in the POLL PREP thread.  They won me over.

Having checked them out, I definitely was off base on Saya.  That being said I'm still sticking with Ishii, but Saya is right there with Hangman in the 1b slot for this group.

• Like 1