DVDVR Message Board

WHO IS HAVING THE BEST YEAR IN THE RING?

DEAN

WHOM IS HAVING THE BEST YEAR SO FAR IN THE RING?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. WHOM IS HAVING THE BEST YEAR SO FAR IN THE RING?

On 5/14/2022 at 8:15 AM, DEAN said:

Next week. Also know that once again we are SHOWBOATING the SHAME!  We know who you voted for.  Yes. Yes we do.....

Does this mean we’ll have Dean presents the Weekly Who(m)ies?

• Thanks 1

Please include MiSu and Ishii in subsequent weeks. And not in the same week as each other, or Bryan. Or Kingston. 

If you stretch it out over a month or two, I can vote for each of my favourites.

I voted for Yuta over Mox partly because Yuta's great year is something I never saw coming and I am genuinely delighted by it.

"Which tag team is having the best year in the ring?" would be a lot of fun, too. I wonder who would come in second!

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 3

On 5/14/2022 at 8:15 AM, tbarrie said:

I like how Dean always hedges his bets on "Who" vs "Whom" on these polls. (For the record, "Who" is correct in this case.)

Grammar time:

• "Who" when the noun being replaced by "who" is doing an action (like wearing a mask and looking strangely like Jim Neidhart)
  • "Whom" when the noun being replaced by "whom" is not doing an action (as in "the sex worker squatted over a glass table and defecated for the pleasure of whom?" Obviously, as Valiant was the one just laying there, he wasn't doing an action)
  • Like 2

Not to derail but who/whom in a sentence works just like he/him or she/her for example.

if you would you he or she where you are trying to decide between who or whom, use who.  If you would use him or her, use whom.

I think the most important thing to note here that isn't about wrestling is that English grammar is deeply stupid and has too many rules. 

• Like 2

I voted for Starlight Kid because she has just been great since joining Oedo Tai (although originally I was super sceptical about her as a heel, she showed me).

But if I'd a second vote I'd throw it to Dax, because the Tag match with the Briscoes was amazing, follow up matches with The Bucks was a lot of fun and he's taken every chance he's had in singles matches and proven that he's not "just" a tag guy, he's a great wrestler full stop who wants to be a Tag guy.

• Like 5