DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 5/13/2022

1 hour ago, John E. Dynamite said:

I'm stuck between these two camps. I need to see Penta in twenty years. I know he's gonna be fat, I know he's gonna blade in most matches, maybe he won't have his mask, maybe the only bumps he'll take are big ones. Maybe I'm just waiting for that Penta.

Are you implying the issue I have is that middle-age era between the young, flashy tecnico who is looking to make everybody notice him with high-flying moves and destroying his body, and the old wisened rudo who knows his job, knows how to draw volcanic heat, begrudgingly brings along the juniors, and will bleed if that what it takes? Because that’s fucking scary how insightful you are into my psyche ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Disappointed in Riho not wearing her Black Hart gear. Great match, does Ruby and Switchbade have the same finisher?

Bryce Remsberg  is turning into Red Shoes. Bleh

Smart Mark is quickly becoming a high light of these shows.

Totally dig Billy Ass being a mentor to these four dolts in the Ass-claimed 

Kaz has been so underrated great main event

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Stefanie the Human said:

Itoh and Yamashita working in Oregon the night before, if I remember correctly. Like I said, though, it's still a strange thing to use "Japanese wrestling means nothing to them" as a talking point considering the lip service they've been doing this month.

It’s actually the night of Double or Nothing that Maki and Miyu are working against each other. But my point still stands, it feels like this is leading to a match eventually. When have they ever cared about optics, if we’re being honest? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jiji said:

Why are the two best women on the roster out of the tournament in the first round?

but Serena Deeb isn’t in the tournament, and Toni Storm didn’t lose in the first round?

?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It’s a trap tweet because the only response, other than not tweeting back (always the best option) is to get defensive and mention all the Japanese wrestlers on the roster, and then you’re back in a little thing I like to call The Big Swoll Quagmire.

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
21 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

I'm sort of confused. Did something sketchy happen here?

Is it COVID and they just won't admit it's COVID?

Shida's been wrestling in Japan and acting in a musical all the way up until a day or so, and they're far more strict about COVID. She was scheduled to return after her musical closed this week.

So... no. Not COVID.

24 minutes ago, Stefanie the Human said:

Shida's been wrestling in Japan and acting in a musical all the way up until a day or so, and they're far more strict about COVID. She was scheduled to return after her musical closed this week.

So... no. Not COVID.

So some not so great scheduling and planning here, but nothing that's really so controversial. 

Tony sucks. Rampage is edited. They could have just added old match footage in post. 

4 hours ago, Casey said:

TK furiously calling Shida at like 3am EST to get her to tweet something out to fix this whole situation ?

“make sure you like one of my posts and call me a cool boss.”

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheVileOne said:

So some not so great scheduling and planning here, but nothing that's really so controversial. 

???

She's completed all her outside commitments and was scheduled back next week. So... replace her anyway with a vague "she's injured" even though she's not?

It's just strange, even if it is an angle. If it's an angle, it's an angle that makes the promotion look bad for no reason. If the heel manager's responsible for getting her taken out for medical clearance, then what does it say about their medical staff? If their medical staff has to clear you a week in advance to participate in a tournament that you've already qualified for, then what happens if you're injured three days prior to your match? Do you forfeit then? Or are you replaced by someone who was already medically cleared? Are they medically clearing people who might serve as alternates?

Pro wrestling is dumb.

3 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

What bugged me about it is that it makes no sense for Statlander to not have to qualify. They couldn't squeeze a Statlander vs Penelope Ford match or something into the schedule?

Woah woah woah. They already hit their quota for girl matches. Don’t push it, buddy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

33 minutes ago, Stefanie the Human said:

???

She's completed all her outside commitments and was scheduled back next week. So... replace her anyway with a vague "she's injured" even though she's not?

It's just strange, even if it is an angle. If it's an angle, it's an angle that makes the promotion look bad for no reason. If the heel manager's responsible for getting her taken out for medical clearance, then what does it say about their medical staff? If their medical staff has to clear you a week in advance to participate in a tournament that you've already qualified for, then what happens if you're injured three days prior to your match? Do you forfeit then? Or are you replaced by someone who was already medically cleared? Are they medically clearing people who might serve as alternates?

Pro wrestling is dumb.

Fake injury to explain someone's absence. Don't understand what the fuss is about.

Just now, TheVileOne said:

Fake injury to explain someone's absence. Don't understand what the fuss is about.

I mean sure, that worked in 1986. We're in 2022 where we can see someone's not injured.

I guess what makes it so weird is the acknowledgment of the rest of the wrestling universe. If they had a history of isolating storylines from other wrestling promotions then it wouldn’t be an issue. Lying about an injury is just odd.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Octopus said:

I guess what makes it so weird is the acknowledgment of the rest of the wrestling universe. If they had a history of isolating storylines from other wrestling promotions then it wouldn’t be an issue. Lying about an injury is just odd.

Yeah, that's the issue I take with it. New Japan and DDT and all these other promotions? We'll acknowledge them. Hikaru Shida worked for Oz Academy on Sunday? The fuck's an Oz Academy?!

EDIT TO ADD: I watched the Oz Academy match too. It was good as well, once you get past the usual Ozaki silliness.

Edited by Stefanie the Human