DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 5/11/2022

4 minutes ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

Things I didn't like:
- Putting over Bret's turnbuckle bump on commentary like its an offensive maneuver and Dax aping it is the pinnacle of Bret Hart masturbatory tributes

Yeah, ridiculous call. JR was a real chatterbox tonight - lots of comedy. I’m not against Dax’s turnbuckle tribute. They just need to dial back a little on the Hitman love.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Hey!  I'm on time!  Adam Cole.  Dax Harwood.  I don't know who wins this one.  Prolly Adam Cole.  Adam Cole is over in Long Island.  Dax bumps big early.  It goes to 1977 during the picture in picture- as Cole does a Bow and Arrow and an Abdominal Stretch.  Cole cuts off Harwood and actually lays it in in the corner.  Dax is fucking awesome- going hard into the turnbuckle. Dax Harwood is over around Long Island.  Sweet Slingshot Powerbomb.  Cole can work.  Cole doing the Shawn Michaels call for the Sweet Chin Music is some DEEP story telling.  Cole being a disciple of Shawn Michaels wrestling like a Michaels disciple in a Hart family tournament is fucking awesome.  Dax with the Sharpshooter is also awesome.  Cole procuring the Sharpshooter is fucking AWESOME.  What a heel move.  So fucking great.  But was it a tribute to the Hart family or was Cole being a dick?  That's good wrestling.   CM Punk is all about the CHEAP HEAT!  John Silver is over upon Long Island.  This is true CM Punk match- methodical, selling, psychology- stuff you usually don't get in a Silver match, as Silver is fun guy to come off the apron and have a wild burst of energy.  Silver sells all through the picture in picture.  Silver is awesome on offense.  Nice Brainbuster!  Punk is GREAT covering for Silver flailing around for the Spinning DDT.  BUCKSHOT LARIAT!  This is the greatest Dynamite ever!  Punk is total heel.  So fucking great.  OMG! Danhausen is wrestling.  Well... sort of.  HOOKHAUSEN BEGINS!  The DARK SIDE OF THE RING thing was great.  MJF being overwhelmingly cheered in Long Island warms my heart.  This is great.  God, Wardlow beats the living shit out of security.  So that's why Mark Sterling wasn't suplexed to hell by Hook.  That was fun.    Sure that had the table that was meant to be broken but they should have gone all out and had the girl scouts bring out a cake for MJF and had the Long Island Chamber of Commerce award him a really big trophy. Ricky Starks and Jungle Boy- and I'm assuming that Jungle Boy gets this belt and Starks and Hobbs get the tag title.  Starks is the new William Regal in that he can carry a whole match with his facial expressions.  Starks with the BODY VICE!  Nice Lariat by JB. Nice MORTAL DDT- which I've never seen before.  This match is good as they counter and counter the Rochambeau.  Nice Spear by Starks.  Assorted quasi-fuckery and Ricky Starks hits the Rochambeau for the pin.  That was good.  OH NO!  They are going to make it a 3 way!  OH NO!  Well, it's not like I'm going to get the PPV unless FTR wrestles the Briscoes or Aussie Open. Go ahead,  Make it a 3-way.  I don't care.  AEW GALAXY!  Jericho is a WIZARD!  JERICHO CHANNELS CLUBBER LANG! AWESOME!  THE BLACKPOOL COMBAT CLUB!  JAS has to recruit the Ass Boys!  YES!  This got awesome.  Toni Storm seems kinda over amongst Long Island.  Jamie Hayter is more over, which is surprising.  I guess Long Island is primed to cheer heels this evening.  Hayter beats the hell out of Storm during picture in picture.  JESUS, that suplex to the outside is fucking GNARLEY.  They start beating the fudge out of each other.  They rush the finish and Storm goes over.  That was good if a little heatless.  Strange.  One can only wonder who will survive Darby Allin trying to kill himself.  Oh man, this watch is awesome. Greatest Tope in history.  I remember seeing Jeff Hardy take a running powerbomb through a table in the corner of the ring after they couldn;t get it to catch on fire.  It was the craziest thing I had ever seen.  It was in an armory in North Carolina in front of maybe 300 people.  Allin gets to top it on national TV, as he fucking dives off the ladder through Jeff Hardy through 8 chairs.   Swanton to the steel stairs!  WHOA!  Hardy with a roll up after taking a Coffin Drop for the win.  That was a quality wad of wrestling.  A little disappointed by the Storm/Hayter match but think I was expecting too much.  Everything else was fucking awesome.  AEW RULES THE WORLD!

I’m convinced I was in a bad mood after reading Dean’s review.  I’m going for an encore determined to enjoy this show as much as him.

• Like 2

Hard to believe they managed to squeeze all that into (a little over) 2 hours. Fucking incredible.

• Like 6

So much great stuff tonight! Show flowed really well too. They hit all the notes that they intended to pretty spot on.

Darby and Jeff are a couple of nutjobs and I freaking love them for what they did for us tonight. 

The thought of what happened tonight even giving us BCC vs Eddie, Santana and Ortiz is quite tantalizing.

Jamie Hayter is da bomb. 

MJF/Wardlow was brilliant.

All the in-ring stuff was tremendous. Are we getting a 3way for the tag titles at the PPV??

• Like 4

I agree with everyone who said similar about the flow, that one hit just right for me. Excellent two hours of television, bookended by two killer matches. I loved the use of the Road To style promos tonight instead of constant interruptions etc. (Only one tonight!) And it was nice to mix it up a little given that we had two long in ring segments.

I did not like Danhausen getting killed. It might be an antiquated idea, but even like from a merch selling perspective why do that? I agree with the idea he's gotta still be hurt or still shaking off rust

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Infinit said:

All the in-ring stuff was tremendous. Are we getting a 3way for the tag titles at the PPV??

Hell yes. Should be great. Ppv shaping up nicely. Wonder what kind of gimmick they run with for the Jericho tag. 

• Like 1

Awesome show full of action. I only wish they had even more time for it all.

Dax/Cole was great. Shocked that Cole's Sharpshooter actually got the win, but was a great shot/heel move. Cool spots throughout, great countout tease, lots of time to deliver in this one.

Hated Danhausen getting squashed in under a minute, but the post-match ruled with the massive Hookhausen pop. Super early announcement for a buy-in match but will be fun with Sterling even wrestling too. 

MJF/Wardlow segment was a blast. Liked MJF referencing Cody. This feels like Wardlow going through the same steps as the Cody/MJF feud but still unique in it's own right. Fun chaos to end it with Wardlow putting Sterling through the table.

Starks/Jungle was good. I like the FTW title as sort of a special attraction title that gets defended every so often. Intriguing post match set up for potential 3 way tag.

Glad to see Kingston found more friends. Loved Moxley coming out feeling like a call back to the old Moxley/Jericho rivalry then tying back to Moxley's original team w/ Kingston. 

Toni/Jamie was good but would've liked it to go a bit longer. Similarly the main event. Epic dream match that did at least live up to the insanity that would be expected but still wanted more. Darby's swanton onto the chair was absolutely killer.  I always kinda dig that finish, even when it happened to Hardy himself years ago. Guessing Cole is definitely winning but I'd be down with a Hardy win.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

I am still laughing at "Mensch of the Centch" from MJF. 

MJF can have some cringe misses but he was like 98% tonight and that line was the piece de resistance.

Edited by JLowe
  • Like 8

10 minutes ago, JLowe said:

Toni paid her back in ring later in the match. I want a best of 7 from them.

Best of 700.

• Like 4