DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 5/9 - 5/15/2022

Dolfan in NYC

I'm in the hate themed PPV names camp. It always felt like it diminished the gimmick somewhat. Its better when we don't have a set time for gimmick matches to happen outside of a few like Royal Rumble and even MITB.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 2

I imagine I will be writing a lot about it on the Ringer on Monday, but everyone should go watch Jordan Devlin vs. Ilja Dragunov Loser Leaves Town from NXT UK this week. Incredible super violent match. No one is watching but Dragunov might be the best in the world right now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Awesome!  Sami Zane!  He is in complete Territory Terry Funk mode and it is awesome as he wrestles for six or seven in this match.   Riddle is all about being a face in peril and Zane brings the offense make him in peril and also knows how to cut him off when he goes on offense.  He leans waaay into that toprope knee to the face.  Riddle on offense is awesome.  Zane sells like he is dying.  This match is fun.  Raquel Rodriguez is already going for the belt!  I watched Rousey/Flair through psychic transmission and Rousey is on a roll.  Rousey is Hulk Hogan and Raquel is Earthquake.  Man, Raquel is wads of offense.  She is a one woman Midnight Express.  This match is great.  Man, this is a week for WWE women's wrestling.  Sasha and Naomi are the RKBro of the women's division- in that Naomi does the body of the work and Sasha is good on the apron.  They switch it up this match.  Natalya is all over the place these days.  She was fucking awesome on NXT Tuesday.  Shayna Baszler should be where Rhea Ripley is, stiff ass stomper wise nut here we are.  Naomi is great on the apron.  Naomi is an awesome house a-fire!  There are a lot of really cool nearfalls until Naomi gets the pin over Natalya in what was a fun SPRINT~!  Butch takes on Kofi Kingston and Butch does a really gnarly armbar. Kofi is Jeff Hardy to Montez Ford's Darby Allin.  Awesome rollup thingy by Kingston.  This match is good.   Slight fuckery but Butch goes over clean as a sheet!  That was good.  That was a good wad of wrestling.  I, of course, thank God for my fast forward feature on my remote control machine.  But yeah, GOOD WRESTLING!

• Like 2

Sami/Riddle was decent fun.

Raquel/Rousey was a nice surprise and good while it lasted. I like that Rousey was barely managing to hang in there and won via rollup. Raquel looked great dominating and cutting off nearly all of Rousey's comebacks so quickly. Kind of hope we get a bigger rematch at some point.

Sasha/Naomi vs. Shayna/Nattie was solid. Was nice seeing Sasha spend the majority in the ring. Naomi was good cheering on apron and made all of her moments in the ring count. Loved the team trick and actions done. These two teams work pretty well together. Wouldn't mind a bigger rematch since it feels like they can do even better with more time to play with.

Kofi/Butch was nice while it lasted. Kind of surprised Butch won mostly clean.

2 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

Unless BS happens, the mens tag titles are getting unified next week on Smackdown.

Surprised they aren't saving it for a PPV/PLE.

• Like 1

Ronda vs. Raquel was a fun match. Ronda not being able to judo throw her around was a fun little twist. I was afraid we would see Raquel just lose to an armbar, but Ronda having to dig deep for that roll up was a nice touch.

• Like 1