DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 5/6/2022

I want to personally shout out the woman in the front row saying big hell no to HOOKhausen. Thank you. 

Storm looked pretty good here despite a couple sloppy rollups. The ass attack in the corner was tremendous. Hayter outshined everybody again, so pretty typical and yet she's likely out in the first round. I'm confused by the tournament bracket. Was thinking Britt vs. Storm the obvious final but they're on the same side. Hoping Riho or Shida makes it through to the final in the other bracket. 

Speaking of, Riho vs. Yuka was the best women's match in AEW since... Riho vs. Britt? Riho probably should've kept the knee selling up but really good stuff there despite that. Please push Riho again. Joshi (& Jamie) division, let's go.

Takeshita is da man. Complete stud and hits everything so perfectly, bumps perfectly too. The top rope lariat was nutty. Fun match. Hope he gets featured consistently during his stay this time.

Fun show after a lackluster Dynamite. 

• Like 6

Jamie Hayter is the queen of my burning heart (respectfully) and I could watch her and Toni shoulderblock each other for an hour. That match RIPPED. Should be Hayter vs Storm in the finals, but whatever. 

Takeshita RULES. Is he permanently in the States or just touring? Whatever the case, bring him back and slap that TNT title on him for a good long while. 

I love Hookhausen just as much as I love Hook's transition into the Redrum on Drake. That kid is fuckin' SLICK. 

Riho vs Yuka was rad as hell. More Yuka, plz. 

They need to run that building again and often. Looks like a rad place to watch our great sport and that crowd was into everything except the 2nd hour of Dynamite. 

What a fantastic hour of wrestling. 

• Like 8

I wish JD Drake hadn't given up on the Big Bubba revival. I was under the impression that Takeshita was on an extended stay in the US? The Eddie Kingston's phone call segment with Jericho's fabulous reaction was gleefully awesome and 85-86 Slammy Award worthy! Starks was excellent there too. A great lost Memphis Wrestling segment.

Did we get a 'Sports Entertainer of the week'?

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, DEAN said:

He's here for a year, right?

I haven't seen that anywhere and can't find it on a cursory google search. Just said he's going on a tour and of course it'll be with AEW.

4 minutes ago, Jiji said:

I haven't seen that anywhere and can't find it on a cursory google search. Just said he's going on a tour and of course it'll be with AEW.

I read it somewhere but don't quote me.

It was interesting how fast that great great great sprint got the crowd back into it after the main of Dynamite; Mercedes and Deonna must've been really bummed at that. The rest of the show didn't stop after that. Drake honestly made Hook sell from that chop if you looked at his chest after it. All you haters are gonna still wipe a tear when poor Danhausen gets saved by Sean Penn. Riho/Miyazaki had a lot of extremely close, crazy pinfalls and Riho ate shit facefirst off the top so I have no complaints. Speaking of off the top, that lariat to Jay off the top was off the charts. It sounded like a home run hit. Takeshita seems to be everything the US crowd has loved in past puro guys but also has the benefit of being only 26 (yet has been wrestling A DECADE? Good lord Japan!). So anyway this smoked Dynamite like a packed Philly. 

In commentary notes, 1. I really wanna know what they were muttering after the Wu Tang doc mention, and 2. Jericho saying "I'm a wizard" reminded me of the great Lewis Black bit where he said "I'm not a comedian, I'm a magician!"

• Like 3

3 hours ago, (BP) said:

Eddie Kingston is the greatest promo alive.

1 hour ago, christopher.annino said:

You're absolutely correct.

Enjoy y'all:

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, southofheavy said:

Eddie ain't married, so is that a metaphor that's goin' over my head?

If it helps, I have no idea about Kingstons marital status and I 100% believed his wife at home is worried sick and that Kingston is going to make Jericho suffer. 

• Like 7

I enjoyed the phone call to a commentator during the show, I’ve never seen that before and it’s a small but nice little change to the usual.

Also enjoyed the fire shown by Starks and Jungle Jack during their little scuffle.

2 great women matches on this show that blew away the ROH Title match from Dynamite.

I don’t  know about the rest of you but I’m loving the Hookhausen storyline. Hook gets such amazing reactions from the crowd that it makes the whole thing 10x more enjoyable. I can only imagine the crowd reaction if a Hook with Danhausen vs. Sammy with Tay match were to happen right now, could be one for the ages.

• Like 4