DVDVR Message Board

Who ELSE should AEW STEAL FROM IMPACT!

DEAN

Whom ELSE should AEW steal from IMPACT!?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Whom ELSE should AEW steal from IMPACT!?

• Jordynn Grace
    • Willie MAck
    • Chris Bey
    • Steve Maclin
    • Eddie Edwards
    • Masha Slamovich

Well, W Morrisey and Deonna Purrazzo looked good in their stealth THEFT from IMPACT!  WHO ELSE?!?  I've added the SHAME of disclosing who you voted for.  YESSSS! SHAME!  U R FILLED WITH SHAME!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I picked Willie Mack, as he's the guy who's entertained me the most out of all these. 

Jordynn Grace: I don't think I've ever seen her wrestle women.  Weird.  I'd put her as my second pick as I'd love to see what she could do in AEW's women's division.

Chris Bey: I think AEW has enough guys at his level who do what he does.

Steve Maclin: I only know him as "The Forgotten Son who didn't tweet dumb shit."

Eddie Edwards: I wish he looked and wrestled like Eddie Edwards from 10 years ago.

Masha: Haven't seen enough of her.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 1

Just now, porksweats said:

I see no shame in my pick of Masha here. Not to compare the other Russian on the roster here to her but Masha and Leyla Hirsch are two sides of the same coin.

It's weird, but Natalia Markova somehow works stiffer than both.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, porksweats said:

That I need to check out.

You'd prolly have to watch NWA, which only a few, the proud, the brave, can do..  

EDIT: Actually, here.

• Like 3

If you go on the gif search on Discord and type Natalia Markova, you get her dying to one hell of a Powerbomb.

I voted for Masha Slamovich. Great wrestler.

• Like 3

I wanna keep Maclin as the breakout star of Impact, Masha just got here and I wanna see her continue to grow in Impact, while Eddie is the guy I hope never leaves Impact.

Chris Bey I could see getting lost in the shuffle, he's good where he's at. The most I enjoyed Jordynne Grace was her brief tag team with Rachael Ellering but she's been doing solid work ever since then, I think Impact remains the best fit for her.

so I think I'd end up voting for Willie Mack, not that I'd want to see him leave either, but I know there were rumors of his contract coming up this past week as it is, so if AEW were gonna take one of these, perhaps he'd use the refresh. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

I wanna keep Maclin as the breakout star of Impact, Masha just got here and I wanna see her continue to grow in Impact, while Eddie is the guy I hope never leaves Impact.

Chris Bey I could see getting lost in the shuffle, he's good where he's at. The most I enjoyed Jordynne Grace was her brief tag team with Rachael Ellering but she's been doing solid work ever since then, I think Impact remains the best fit for her.

so I think I'd end up voting for Willie Mack, not that I'd want to see him leave either, but I know there were rumors of his contract coming up this past week as it is, so if AEW were gonna take one of these, perhaps he'd use the refresh. 

I love the love for Willie Mack. His terrific skillset and lack of a push makes him easily one of the most underutilized guys in any promotion. Impact doesn't always access their talent very wisely nor put them in potentially progressive situations - Mack is the epitome of this.  He probably needs to breakaway from Impact to progress, but it's hard to imagine him in AEW as anything more than a Dark gatekeeper ala Cabana. Part of the issue with Mack is his weak presentation. He looks a lot better coming down to the ring in his sporty entrance gear than the belly over the wasteband traditional tights look he gets down to business in. Anyway, I love Mack and would totally draft him to my fantasy league promotion.

Bey probably has the most upside of the men listed. His star will shine bright in the not-so-distant future. Maclin has been a treat in Impact, and I too would like to see him climb the ladder. I never saw him in WWE, but as a solo act he's been somebody I seek out when skimming the Impact 'brand'.  I would love the task of retooling the Eddie Edwards presentation. First thing, lose the bad mohawk. It's a look that only fits where it fits. Let's get some new gear all around - the short long pant ala Taka doesn't work. Especially not in pleather with fake back pockets. Just awful. Presentation shortcomings aside, I'm completely sold on older Eddie in ring. He's so good, and he's showcased a lot more purpose in his current heel role. I like his lady too, and don't understand why they don't let her valet for him as a heel. She's so naturally a heel with that accent and promo style. A missed opportunity. 

I'm not sure who to vote for, but I'm in favour of the voters going for Women's talent. Clearly AEW could use all the talented ladies they can possibly find right now. I too haven't seen a lot of Grace due to having no interest in intergender feuds, which she seems to be placed in a lot. What I have seen I've liked tho. Seems like golden potential. I too dig Slamovich, but she seems like more of a project. Impact seems like a good place for her to get seasoned in this early stage of her career. 

Okay, Grace it is.

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, HarryArchieGus said:

I love the love for Willie Mack. His terrific skillset and lack of a push makes him easily one of the most underutilized guys in any promotion. Impact doesn't always access their talent very wisely nor put them in potentially progressive situations - Mack is the epitome of this.  He probably needs to breakaway from Impact to progress, but it's hard to imagine him in AEW as anything more than a Dark gatekeeper ala Cabana. Part of the issue with Mack is his weak presentation. He looks a lot better coming down to the ring in his sporty entrance gear than the belly over the wasteband traditional tights look he gets down to business in. Anyway, I love Mack and would totally draft him to my fantasy league promotion.

Bey probably has the most upside of the men listed. His star will shine bright in the not-so-distant future. Maclin has been a treat in Impact, and I too would like to see him climb the ladder. I never saw him in WWE, but as a solo act he's been somebody I seek out when skimming the Impact 'brand'.  I would love the task of retooling the Eddie Edwards presentation. First thing, lose the bad mohawk. It's a look that only fits where it fits. Let's get some new gear all around - the short long pant ala Taka doesn't work. Especially not in pleather with fake back pockets. Just awful. Presentation shortcomings aside, I'm completely sold on older Eddie in ring. He's so good, and he's showcased a lot more purpose in his current heel role. I like his lady too, and don't understand why they don't let her valet for him as a heel. She's so naturally a heel with that accent and promo style. A missed opportunity. 

I'm not sure who to vote for, but I'm in favour of the voters going for Women's talent. Clearly AEW could use all the talented ladies they can possibly find right now. I too haven't seen a lot of Grace due to having no interest in intergender feuds, which she seems to be placed in a lot. What I have seen I've liked tho. Seems like golden potential. I too dig Slamovich, but she seems like more of a project. Impact seems like a good place for her to get seasoned in this early stage of her career. 

Okay, Grace it is.

And now it's official that Willie has left Impact, so I hope he does well where ever he ends up.

Agreed on Alisha, she was an amazing heel 10 years ago in WSU (went 60+ with Mercedes), but has never been showcased like that ever since and is rarely used at all either way in Impact.

• Like 2

C'mon TK, Willie Mack is at his worst a great gatekeeper babyface.  I'm not sure we've seen his best. I'm not gonna ask to change my vote, but can I get all the Mack Lovers to help me WILL WILLIE MACK into an aew/ROH contract!?

• Like 2

On 5/6/2022 at 7:22 PM, DEAN said:

Ooo, late surge for Willie Mack since he announced he was a free agent now.

Actually that sealed my vote for Grace since he's technically not with them anymore.  I'd love to see him in AEW but of the current list Jordynn would be wonderful to see on there.

• Like 2