DVDVR Message Board

UFC 274: Oliveira vs. Gaethje (05/07/2022) - Phoenix, AZ (Footprint Center)

Elsalvajeloco

1 minute ago, jaedmc said:

Boy that OSP/Shogun fight was absolutely NOT like the first one.

Yep. Crowd booing, lights on phones waved and no post fight interview. Latter only happens when the fight's a stinker.

With how heavy handed Michael Chandler is and Tony Ferguson losing three in a row, the first in one of the worst MMA beatings I've ever seen vs. Justin Gaethje, I've had a bad feeling since this was announced.

Just now, jaedmc said:

Oh my god is Tony doesn't look okay

Yeah, that gave me bad vibes like Masvidal/Askren, Valentina/Eye and Ngannou/Overeem with how long Askren, Eye and Overeem were out for.

1 minute ago, DreamBroken said:

what a K O.

I love it when Chandler goes in to super wrestling promo mode. I was never a huge fan of him in Bellator, but he's been a total blast in UFC. 

Hell of a run in such a short space of time: Hooker, Oliveira, Gaethje and now Ferguson.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Guessing Daniel Cormier's in the UFC Hall of Fame? BT Sport have only just come back from the break.

Yep. Nice little video package. They had a little window on him showing his reaction while it played because it seems he didn't know it was coming.

• Thanks 1

Other than one of the best KO's in MMA history by Chandler to Ferguson, the main card's sucked. Hope Namajunas/Esparza picks up as it's a dud so far and Oliveira/Gaethje delivers as the latter should.

Edited by The Natural

Absolutely awful. Trevor Whitman trying to figure out a way to say "Hey could you fight more." Without disrupting whatever mental ecosystem Rose has rigged up to make it this far. Meanwhile her fiance is like "Hey, the boos means it's WORKING!"

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Other than one of the best KO's in MMA history by Chandler to Ferguson, the main card's sucked. Hope Namajunas/Esparza picks up as it's a dud so far and Oliveira/Gaethje delivers as the latter should.

It didn't. Save us Oliveira/Gaethje.

Namajunas-Esparza is almost like the MMA equivalent of Marco Antonio Barrera having two losses to Junior Jones. Styles mean everything sometimes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DreamBroken said:

what a K O.

I love it when Chandler goes in to super wrestling promo mode. I was never a huge fan of him in Bellator, but he's been a total blast in UFC. 

Michael Chandler is one of my favourite fighters to watch since Bellator as you can hurt him, knock him down but he has the power to put you out too.