DVDVR Message Board

UFC 274: Oliveira vs. Gaethje (05/07/2022) - Phoenix, AZ (Footprint Center)

Elsalvajeloco

279891284_10160086458846276_438297124614

UFC 274: Oliveira vs. Gaethje 
May 7, 2022
Phoenix, AZ (Footprint Center)

UFC Lightweight Championship: Charles Oliveira (155.5)** vs. Justin Gaethje (155) (vacant) - Oliveira, SUB (rear naked choke), R1 (3:22)
UFC Women's Strawweight Championship: Rose Namajunas © (115) vs. Carla Esparza (115) (second defense) - Esparza, DEC (split)
Michael Chandler (156) vs. Tony Ferguson (155.5) - Chandler, KO (front kick), R2 (0:17)
Ovince St. Preux (205) vs. Maurício Rua (205.5) - St. Preux, DEC (split)
Randy Brown (170.5) vs. Khaos Williams (170) - Brown, DEC (split)

ESPN / ESPN+ Preliminary Card:
Francisco Trinaldo (170.5) vs. Danny Roberts (170.5) - Trinaldo, DEC (unanimous)
Macy Chiasson (145.5) vs. Norma Dumont (146.5)*- Chiasson, DEC (split)
Brandon Royval (125.5) vs. Matt Schnell (125.5) - Royval, SUB (guillotine choke), R1 (2:14)
Blagoy Ivanov (253.5) vs. Marcos Rogério de Lima (258.5) - Ivanov, DEC (unanimous)

Fight Pass Preliminary Card:
Andre Fialho (170.5) vs. Cameron VanCamp (170) - Fialho, KO (punch), R1 (2:35)
Tracy Cortez (125.5) vs. Melissa Gatto (125) - Cortez, DEC (unanimous)
Kleidison Rodrigues (125.5) vs. C.J. Vergara (126) - Vergara, DEC (split)
Ariane Carnelossi (115.5) vs. Lupita Godinez (115) - Godinez, DEC (unanimous)
Journey Newson (135.5) vs. Fernie Garcia (135.5) - Newson, DEC (unanimous)

*Forfeits 30% of purse for missing weight 
**Missed weight, stripped of title, and forfeits a percentage of purse for missing weight; Title only on the line for Gaethje

Event Bonuses ($50,000)
Performance of the Night: Andre Fialho
Performance of the Night: Michael Chandler
Fight of the Night: Brandon Royval vs. Matt Schnell

Attendance: 17,232
Gate: $6.1 million
Buyrate: 400,000

Looking forward to this one. The main event especially Charles Oliveira vs. Justin Gaethje. Lightweight's been the best and deepest weight class in MMA for over a decade. Oliveira has the UFC record for most submission wins with 15 and finishes at 18. Out of his 32 wins, 29 by finish. What a record. Fancy Oliveira by submission in round 3. Thug Rose by decision getting revenge on her defeat to Esparza.

I'm uncomfortable with Michael Chandler vs. Tony Ferguson with Ferguson losing three straight and taking one of the worst beatings ever to Gaethje. Michael Chandler is one of the hardest hitters in the division. Has anyone had a tougher first four fights in the UFC than Chandler? Hooker, Oliveira, Gaethje and now Ferguson. Chandler by TKO in R2. I'd rather not see Cerrone, Lauzon and Shogun fight again. Cerrone's lost his last 6 fights, one turned to a no contest. Rua by TKO in R2 and same for Lauzon.

Edited by The Natural

On 5/5/2022 at 5:09 AM, Elsalvajeloco said:

My 2021 MMA FOTY.

2 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

THUG ROSE! THUG ROSE! THUG ROSE! The only two wins by KOs are massive upsets: vs. Joanna and vs. Zhang.

crazy about Oliveira. and Cowboy/Lauzon (do we know what happened there?) i am looking forward to this main card.

likely too drunk to make it that far tho. hope it's a good card and you all enjoy!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jaedmc said:

Ending the early prelims right with a highlight reel left hook from Fialho that put Van Camp's lights out. Gnarly looking stuff.

Like someone cut the strings of a marionette. 

2 hours ago, twiztor said:

crazy about Oliveira. and Cowboy/Lauzon (do we know what happened there?) i am looking forward to this main card.

likely too drunk to make it that far tho. hope it's a good card and you all enjoy!

Morning my inebriated friend!

• Like 1