DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 5/2 - 5/8/2022

Dolfan in NYC

6 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

My only wonder here is contract-wise, does being on parental leave suspend the clock on your contract or not.    I'm assuming they've verified it already, so this is probably moot. 

In the story, a "WWE source" says

The report continued to say that a WWE source stated, "If they had their way, the decision to freeze the contract during maternity leave would be 'in her court.'"

Which comes across as the WWE knows if would look shitty if they froze a contract of a performer while on maternity leave

25 minutes ago, Blue Dragon said:

The 2022 draft will be in Aug says Dave. 

Full blurb says it still might end up being Sept

Ringside News reported that the WWE draft was tentatively scheduled for September. A WWE source told us that it could be August, ride after SummerSlam, or could be September. No date was finalized but the gut feeling was after SummerSlam or in the lead up to the Cardiff show, but it’s definitely right now set for that time frame

46 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I can't wait for her to appear on AEW for a couple of months and then never be seen again. 

Pfft, I can't wait for her to be in weekly really fun tags with Nyla and the Bunny.

• Like 2

Sorry I'm late.  Truck racing.  I dig the early Rampage.  It makes Smackdown easier to bull through.  That Flair/Rousey pull apart was a hoot.  Sasha and Shayna Baszler was good.PRO WRESTLING vs SHOOTSTYLE~!  Baszler is such a hoss.  Natalya is on everything.  I assume she is showing up to wrestle Madds Krueger on MLW next Thursday.  Drew Gulak took his ass beating like a MAN.  Gunther is living in America now.  He should balloon up and go back to being a monstrous fat boy.  God, what an assbeating.  Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods vs Sheamus and Ridge Holland was fun.  One forgets that Kofi Kingston is highflying and shit. He hit a fucking GREAT Piscada onto Sheamus.  That was spectacular.   Kingston hits a BEAUTIFUL Tope Con Hilo onto Sheamus.  BUTCH WAS UNDER THE TABLE!  Sami Zayn against Shinsuke Nakamura should be great since Zayn is a newTerry Funk and Nakamura is a much weirder version of Terry Funk.  This match is great.  Sami Zayn is the best wrestler in WWE.  Nakamura sells like Funk with RVD's fruity embellishments.  Zayn wins clean as a sheet by countout.  That was a good little westling show.  

• Like 3

The Charlotte/Rousey brawl was decent.

Sasha/Shayna was pretty nice. Dug Sasha trying to wreck Shayna's arm as revenge for Naomi.

New Day vs. Sheamus/Ridge was pretty fun.

The rehab of Evans character has been nice, but still feels weird with Rousey about to hold the gold unless they turn Rousey quickly. Heel Rousey was better than face Rousey so I wouldn't mind it.

Nakamura/Sami was fun while it lasted. Sami's whole character continues to be one of the more fun parts of Smackdown.

• Like 1

FOX reportedly wants exclusive stars.  So the brand divisions will carry on.

The IC title hasn't been defended on PLE since WM 37. For the US title, it hasn't been defended on PLE since Sept. They're basically tv only belts now.

Edited by Blue Dragon