DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2022 - THE QUEST~!

Dolfan in NYC

21 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Pens goalie Casey DeSmith will miss the rest of the playoffs as he is having core muscle surgery

And starting Pens goalie Tristan Jarry is still day to day☹️. While I wasn't expecting the Penguins to win the Cup this season, I really wanted them to eliminate the Rangers.

4 hours ago, Mister TV said:

And starting Pens goalie Tristan Jarry is still day to day☹️. While I wasn't expecting the Penguins to win the Cup this season, I really wanted them to eliminate the Rangers.

Goaltending wasn't the problem last night, IMHO.

I hate to agree with The League on anything, but this was a 50/50 call.

Oshie did raise his shoulder slightly, buy Bennett screwed himself by putting the stick directly in front of his face and seemingly homing in on Oshie's shoulder with his head.

Bennett should have met Oshie with his left shoulder and let the chips fall where they may.

Instead, Bennett opted for a deer in the headlights approach.

On 5/10/2022 at 1:14 PM, Travis Sheldon said:

I hate to agree with The League on anything, but this was a 50/50 call.

Oshie did raise his shoulder slightly, buy Bennett screwed himself by putting the stick directly in front of his face and seemingly homing in on Oshie's shoulder with his head.

Bennett should have met Oshie with his left shoulder and let the chips fall where they may.

Instead, Bennett opted for a deer in the headlights approach.

I'm with you.  I'm not sure I'd even say it's 50/50.  I don't think Oshie did much wrong there - it looked more like Bennett tried to check Oshie's shoulder with his face.  I don't think the hit warrants any supplemental at all.

Well for about 20 minutes the Caps looked great but man the floodgates exploded quickly.  Knew a 3 goal lead wasn't safe but fuck only took them about 10 minutes to lose the lead.   Series should be over

Edited by hammerva

No discipline for Jacob Trouba for his hit on Sidney Crosby last night that appeared to be a pretty nasty elbow to the face and knocked Crosby from the game.

3 hours ago, Tabe said:

No discipline for Jacob Trouba for his hit on Sidney Crosby last night that appeared to be a pretty nasty elbow to the face and knocked Crosby from the game.

When the inevitable happens and someone is killed in an NHL game there shouldn't just be a lawsuit there should be criminal charges filed against league officials as it's clear by their actions that they have no regard for player safety whatsoever.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sabremike said:

When the inevitable happens and someone is killed in an NHL game there shouldn't just be a lawsuit there should be criminal charges filed against league officials as it's clear by their actions that they have no regard for player safety whatsoever.

So very true.  I'm truly at a loss for the lack of punishment - you'd think the fact the hit was on a superstar would've guaranteed punishment.  Nope!