DVDVR Message Board

AEW - MAY 2022

I’m all for workers standing up to their bosses if they’re unhappy or whatever, but man FUCK MJF if he doesn’t show up tonight for Wardlow, you’d think those two have at least some sort of friendship by being together for the past 3 years and he’d at least come in to put him over before fucking off.

• Like 4

I dunno...until proven otherwise, I think this is an elaborate work by MJF and TK. What's the best way to truly villianize someone to the AEW audience than exactly what is happening now? What's more genuine than the heat generated by someone saying that they want to leave AEW for WWE? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Infinit said:

I dunno...until proven otherwise, I think this is an elaborate work by MJF and TK. What's the best way to truly villianize someone to the AEW audience than exactly what is happening now? What's more genuine than the heat generated by someone saying that they want to leave AEW for WWE? 

Since the Cody thing ended up NOT being a work, I won't be holding my breath. I hope something can be worked out. Does TK have Matt Cardona on speed dial, by any chance?

However, from a storyline point of view, let me just say this:

If I had twice the self-defense skills MJF has, had twice the back-up he's had recently (I guess TWO Shawn Spearses is slightly better than nothing, right? Slightly.), had his resources and had done 10% of the shit he's done to Wardlow, my strategy would be not showing the fuck up, and keep not showing up until I ran out of food and money and even my parents refused to hide me in their nice extra bedroom anymore! So in that sense, what MJF is doing, is the smartest thing he could be doing, under the circumstances.

Edited by Shartnado
It makes sense storyline-wise, tho

I just don't get it. Here's a guy in MJF who, albeit hasn't been given the absolute best or concurrent storylines in the world - but has been absolutely pushed as one of their top stars. He's currently the only person to hold a win over CM Punk. He main evented All Out for the World Title with Jon Moxley.

You couple that with, what seemed like a really good relationship with Tony Khan at the beginning and, well, that leads us to here. My only correlation with WWE for MJF is that Prichard worked in MLW with Max before he went back. Now while they may have had a good relationship, you've got a billionaire who seemingly worships the ground you walk on that you're buds with. Said billionaire pushes you as one of the faces of his company. Said billionaire is willing to give you more money, but only with a contract extension (which I've never heard of it working any other way in any form of a contract). I don't really see what his complaint is here.

If it's the fact that he's not World Champion, I got a news flash for him. His time will come and he will be a multi time champion. He even won the Diamond ring 3x in a row. Wardlow isn't exactly a spring chicken either. He's 34 to MJFs 26. I don't know why Max would have that much beef even if it was putting over Wardlow at the PPV. Isn't that the heels job? It's not like Max is jobbing out every week. 

Granted out of Max's 11 total losses in AEW, 4 have come in his last 5 matches since December 22nd. A trios loss w FTR to Darby, Sting, and Punk, the two shenanigans to Shawn Dean, and the Punk loss.

I really just hope it's an elaborate work. I can't see what MJF would be so sour over unless he really is trying to leverage a big deal with WWE. BUT even if that was the case, surely MJF realizes he can't really be MJF over there. No way Vince allows him calling people fat hicks and stuff of that ilk. I just don't know, it's such a bizarre situation.

• Like 2