DVDVR Message Board

AEW - MAY 2022

11 hours ago, Jiji said:

If the Ibushi getting fired story is true, he must come to America and AEW. I will sacrifice HOOK's short term future and Gargano being the joker if it means we get Ibushi in AEW. Also Claudio is very welcome. 

Have Claudio and Ibushi ever faced each other?  Did it happen in Chikara?  That would be one hell of a match.

• Like 1

He still has 2 years on his current deal. He’s not going anywhere anytime soon, even if he is unhappy.

I can’t imagine anybody’s deal is getting significantly reworked until the new TV contract is locked down and TK knows what the new budget is going to be moving forward.

Edited by EVA

As a fan of blurred lines, I'm not sure there's a bigger heel move to the AEW audience than wanting to leave. If he can further convince people he's for real about it and not just all talk, it's the best possible thing for him. 

I'm excited for this story to pop up every few months for the next two-ish years. 

• Like 3

So his 2024 reference was about himself, which is what I was thinking, and not about whatever weird Cody Rhodes reference he was making? I hate shooty stuff.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JLowe said:

So his 2024 reference was about himself, which is what I was thinking, and not about whatever weird Cody Rhodes reference he was making? I hate shooty stuff.

He nearly references 2024 in every other promo he does. This isn't new.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

Hangman vs the new "Jumbo" of DDT soon.  Jun Akiyama of DDT passed down Jumbo's jumping knee to Takeshita a while ago.

FShaN-pVcAAul-f?format=jpg&name=small

This is all I wanted after Rampage last week. Thanks TK.

34 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

If you hate shooty stuff, there's a way to advocate for less of it: @ Tony Kahn on Twitter and tell him to pay the man! 

"Max, Tony here. If you don't cut out the 2024 shit, well, let's just say that at some point Serpentico is going to win a match"

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, EVA said:

He still has 2 years on his current deal. He’s not going anywhere anytime soon, even if he is unhappy.

I can’t imagine anybody’s deal is getting significantly reworked until the new TV contract is locked down and TK knows what the new budget is going to be moving forward.

I totally expect MJF to go to WWE, if only to see if the grass is greener.  At his age, and with what he can think he could earn plus possible other connections to entertainment, he should. But, at some point if I am TK, I bite back. You have a contract with me, I am the one choosing to put you in the spotlight, etc.  

• Like 1

AEW is kind of in a weird business gap right now. They’ve been a fantastically successful business, to the extent that everyone involved probably SHOULD expect to be getting paid more at this point, but their primary revenue stream hasn’t yet been updated to reflect their success, so they’re still having to operate on their early “this might or might not work” budget. I’m sure everyone, TK included, is perturbed by this, to some degree.

In some respects, MJF and AEW are in a similar boat! They opted for the stability of a longer deal, and now they’re having to grin and bear the last couple years of making less than they rightfully should be.

• Like 1