DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2022 Pro Wrestling Discussion

2 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

Sunny arrested and charged with DUI manslaughter and 8 other charges. She does not have a driver’s license.

I'm pretty sure she hit the "never getting a driver's license again" point several DUI's ago. Unfortunately it looks like the only thing that was ever gonna stop her from driving drunk was prison.

5 hours ago, (BP) said:

I had some Joes, but the aces in my toy fed were the TMNT cartoon Casey Jones and the Chris O’Donnell Robin. Pretty sure one of my top heels was the Destro with the removable mask though. 

I just remembered…before I used Joes, I used WWF thumb wrestlers, and those were awesome.

• Like 1

Watching a couple of King Kong Bundy squashes.

Did anyone ever use the 5 count effectively beyond jobber squashes? Always thought it'd be a good way of getting an underdog to score an upset pin (ref counting to 3, giving the monster heel the visual pin, ref hesitating/forgetting to get to 5, and the monster heel getting rolled up when he remonstrates). 

Bundy's squash matches are the fucking worst BTW. I forgot how he just had no idea how to work effectively as someone that size. So much punch/kick, so little stuff that looked impressive, intimidating or hurty.

7 minutes ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

Watching a couple of King Kong Bundy squashes.

Did anyone ever use the 5 count effectively beyond jobber squashes? Always thought it'd be a good way of getting an underdog to score an upset pin (ref counting to 3, giving the monster heel the visual pin, ref hesitating/forgetting to get to 5, and the monster heel getting rolled up when he remonstrates). 

Bundy's squash matches are the fucking worst BTW. I forgot how he just had no idea how to work effectively as someone that size. So much punch/kick, so little stuff that looked impressive, intimidating or hurty.

I was watching the first season of World Class on WWE/Peacock and was shocked to see a young Bundy with hair, in a lumberjack gimmick, booked as a face. He’s much larger than everyone else but not as enormous (I don’t think) as when he got to King Kong status.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Eivion said:

His contract ended. He could have already popped up somewhere if e wanted. 

There is a theory that he already has. There's been a new ringside cameraman on AEW who is completely covered up head to toe and is suspiciously well muscled, and some people reckon that's Claudio, hiding in plain sight.

1d459af968af4874-600x338.jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Honestly I've been wondering who the mystery camera man was since I noticed him and that makes a lot of sense.  Originally I thought it was Biggest Tony sneaking out to get the feel of the crowd during segments, but that photo shows the camera man is much larger.

• Like 4

There's an article in the Guardian today interviewing collectors, one of whom is Peter Blake, cover artist for Sgt. Pepper's. Which wrestler does he have here? Kinda looks like CM Punk.

4134.jpg?width=445&quality=45&auto=forma

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Infinit said:

If there is something more to this, WWE is screwed.

I think there is a saying that has to do with eggs and a basket and not putting them in it, which may apply here, but I'll be damned if Vince can remember how that one goes, at this point!

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

I think there is a saying that has to do with eggs and a basket and not putting them in it, which may apply here, but I'll be damned if Vince can remember how that one goes, at this point!

Vince is gonna call the entire roster in to find his ancient Egyptian magical egg again isn't he?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Sammo~! said:

Vince is gonna call the entire roster in to find his ancient Egyptian magical egg again isn't he?

Probably, but I think he assumes that he is doing it for the first time, like a lot of other things that just keep repeating and repeating...

• Like 2

Even if this news is half true, the really bad thing is that isn't going to change a damn thing about the plan.  He is still going to have Roman run through the entire Smackdown roster like nothing until the match against the Rock at WM.    The only thing we can hope is that they don't totally get desperate and take the remaining RAW guys not generally touched by this (Cody, Orton, Riddle) to run the clock.    The only one on Smackdown right now is McIntyre and even he got hit a little 

56 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

In addition to: Up excrement creek without a paddle.

• Haha 2

I assume Roman is working, but man, if he jets after they finally threw the kitchen sink at it to get him over at that top level, that will be straight hilarious. I hope he does it because 

1 hour ago, John from Cincinnati said:

A kid jumped the rail to get a picture with him after the SmackDown dark match. Top babyface material! 

I WANNA SEE THIS. Well, not SEE it. But I want to read about it here at good old DVDVR. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Swift said:

There's an article in the Guardian today interviewing collectors, one of whom is Peter Blake, cover artist for Sgt. Pepper's. Which wrestler does he have here? Kinda looks like CM Punk.

4134.jpg?width=445&quality=45&auto=forma

Peter Blake is a Wrestling fan, you know:

5034442-6274395-image-a-27_1539517186618

That's him and Kendo Nagasaki, with his Kendo portrait. There's a whole documentary on the BBC iPlayer.

• Like 3